2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's leave it alone bonez. And please stay out my pm begging. I don't respond there, and I don't here either when you Quote everything I say on the daily, until now..
Now let it go mate!
Before I embarrass you AGAIN and you have to change your name AGAIN.

Sorry to the thread.
It's a dead topic to me.
I'm off it
[emoji]128064[/emoji]

Before I embarrass you AGAIN and you have to change your name AGAIN.
:nerd:

ygZSd.gif

He went to college for 4 years and is about to waste another year int he d league. Exactly what long term approach could there possibly be when you're taking years off your NBA career tenure? All this does is guarantee you'll make less money by the time you're 28.

If he doesn't enter the NBA as a rookie playing at an all-star level (and he won't) this will have been a waste.

If you want to turn the D league in to the minor league then you need to lift the age requirements and have all dudes ready to make that leap from HS get encouraged to play there.

He must have agreed to these circumstances pre draft, he was drafted in the first round and no one had himn as a top 30 prospect.
Well I could understand that if those sequence events happened in that way but I know I wouldn't honor it.

They wanted him enough but didn't want to pay him what a rookie contract was worth so they try to float this bs deal. Plus the whole idea is inane when they could've had him sign his contract and send him to the d league anyway. Seems it's strictly about money. I would've been insulted.
By taking Huestis with the second-to-last selection in the first round, the Thunder secured another critically cost-effective rookie scale contract. The difference is that standard four-year deal — two guaranteed years and two team options in the final two seasons — would come on the back end of a preliminary year in the D-League and ensures the Thunder would have Huestis developing in its program for at least five seasons.

It’s forward-thinking at its finest.

By going this route, the Thunder saves a roster spot and some precious salary for a season but also retains Huestis’ restricted free agency rights at the end of his fourth NBA season, affording OKC with the first chance to extend his contract.

It’s possible, perhaps even likely, that the Thunder had this path for Huestis in mind when the team selected him. He was projected as a second-round selection and became a draft-night surprise when his name was announced with the 29th pick.
So this Huestis kid just got hosed.

Last edited:
@NickFriedell

Thibs said he may try out "Jumbo" lineup of Noah, Gasol, Gibson in preseason -- probably not much in the regular season.

Damn.

When you think about Huestis is getting a drafted rookie minimum, just to play in the d-league. That's much better than a d-league pay

^^^Again, it's a nba bball thread not your personal blog bro, your 36 yrs old u shu'd b able to comprehend that..you want to teach grammar lessons go elsewhere
:smh:..on your wedding pics do you

It's diffrent but too much judgement on such a small part of someone else's decision.. A strangers to you at that..

Relax

Its called having an opinion and posting it on a message board captain serious

Relax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom