2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news...

Waiters to the 76ers? Whispers of the Sixers being the 3rd team to help facilitate the K Love trade to Cleveland.

I think a location would be K Love (OBVIOUSLY) and for Waiters. Kinda have mixed emotions about Wiggins being shipped but I can't front and say that Minny with Rubio+Lavine+Wiggins wont be my NBA 2K15 team...lol

They probably will be the third team. They have the money to absorb any terrible contract they choose so maybe they'll take on Kevin Martin or Barea then get Waiters and another nice young piece in return.

I don't see how that works still. Cavs would lose Wiggins Waiters Bennett all those expiring contracts and draft picks for KEVIN LOVE? sounds like a rip to me

If the Cavs really want to make this happen they just need to do Kyrie for Love straight up. He doesnt have a no trade clause, the Wolves get him for 5 years, and the Cavs wont have to give up much else. I doubt they take it, but that should be the offer the Cavs push.

Getting to this a bit late,

but what prompted our revisit to Doc River and the Sterling situation?

Julius Wrek

Felton Pleads Guilty
Updated: July 23, 2014, 11:25 AM ET
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Dallas Mavericks point guard Raymond Felton pleaded guilty Wednesday in a New York gun case, taking a plea deal that involved admitting a felony but spares him jail.

Felton pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a firearm. He admitted he knowingly had a large-capacity ammunition magazine and a pistol without a license.

"Are those charges true?'' Manhattan state Supreme Court Justice Larry Stephen asked.

"Yes, sir,'' Felton said, later adding in a soft voice, "I apologize.''

He was immediately sentenced to 500 hours of community service and ordered to pay a $5,000 fine. Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Jonathan Rebold said Felton will be allowed to do the service outside New York.

If he complies, the case will be closed without jail time or probation.

Felton has said the Manhattan district attorney's office, which had outlined the agreement in court last month, was fair to him.

The criminal case arose last winter, as Felton grappled with the breakup of his marriage and navigated a struggling season with the New York Knicks. He was traded to Dallas last month, two days after his plea plan was announced.

About a week after Felton's law student wife filed for divorce, her attorney brought a loaded semi-automatic handgun to a police precinct and said it was Felton's and she wanted it out of the house, authorities said. Felton's lawyer, Jim Walden, has said Felton never threatened anyone with the gun.

After police contacted Felton, he turned himself in shortly after a Mavericks-Knicks game at Madison Square Garden.

Felton was charged under a state law that bans many large-capacity ammunition magazines. Prosecutors said Felton's could hold about 20 rounds.

The NBA has said it is monitoring the case. The league usually waits until criminal cases against players are resolved before deciding whether to impose any fine or suspension.

Felton, 30, was a star at the University of North Carolina and was the fifth pick of the 2005 NBA draft. Besides Dallas and New York, he's played for the Charlotte Bobcats, Denver Nuggets and Portland Trail Blazers.

Last season, Felton missed 17 games while battling injuries and averaged a career-low 9.7 points as the Knicks went 37-45 and missed the playoffs.

he's fortunate. I thought no one skated on gun charges in NY

Last edited:
If the Cavs really want to make this happen they just need to do Kyrie for Love straight up. He doesnt have a no trade clause, the Wolves get him for 5 years, and the Cavs wont have to give up much else. I doubt they take it, but that should be the offer the Cavs push.

Oh snap!
Id try to do...(and I dont even know if this is contractually possible or whatever)

Waiters and Bennett to the 76ers.

MCW and Love to the Cavs.

Irving and Wiggins to Twolves.

Getting to this a bit late,

but what prompted our revisit to Doc River and the Sterling situation?

Julius Wrek
@nathanfenno Richard Parsons: Doc Rivers told him if Donald Sterling continues as owner, he doesn't want to coach #Clippers.
@nathanfenno Parsons: "If Doc were to leave, that would be a disaster." #Clippers #NBA
Either Sterling better die or the sale better be finalized before the season starts. :lol:

Sterling's mistress ****** up a good thing. Now no one wants to play for us
blake griffin was drafted 1st overall in the 2009 draft.. got injured and missed his rookie season.. sterling purchased the san diego clippers in 1981 and then moved them to LA in '84

so how long has this "good thing" you speak of lasted?

I wish this Sterling scenario could be simulated with a different ethnic group in a different sport dominated by said ethnic group.

I'd like to see how opinions would differ...if say...Sterling was a German owner in a sport dominated by Jewish people and made "private" comments in bad taste about Jewish people.

I've got a feeling this whole thing would be viewed completely different. There wouldn't be such a huge debate over what the players and coaches should or shouldn't do.

African-Americans in the US are expected to turn to cheek at all times... At all costs.

I guarantee you in the scenario I mentioned...that not a SINGLE Jewish person would say that they "play for themselves and not the owner".

Meanwhile...its completely incomprehensible for some people to fathom how and why a black professional athlete might feel moved to take action in defense of vile comments made about his people.

Its like its OK for every other group on this planet to wear their ethnic pride as a badge of honor....except black people.

I'm sure I'm not the only black male on NT that has worked for a company or group led by a member of another race that likely didn't care much for black people...yet we took their paychecks. Aren't we as humans taught not to judge a person on their past transgressions? If a person hasn't showed their true colors in my experiences with them...don't they deserve a fair shot at my respect?

Everything changes when that person SHOWS me who they really are in blatant fashion. So why wouldnt I be compelled to take action right then and there?

I see everyone criticising Doc and the Clippers players' for playing for Sterling given his past history of hate and prejudice....but not NEARLY enough criticism placed towards the National Basketball Association for allowing this man to go unscathed despite building quite a resume of racism decade after decade.

Instead of asking Doc why did he sign up in the first place...let's go ask David Stern why Sterling was allowed to keep his team while under his watch.

Racist man makes racist comments and we're finger pointing the victims. This **** is crazy to me

Oh snap!
Id try to do...(and I dont even know if this is contractually possible or whatever)

Waiters and Bennett to the 76ers.

MCW and Love to the Cavs.

Irving and Wiggins to Twolves.

:smh:

Yea...you have to consider the source, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Whitlock made some good points.

And VP is right...on a micro level, we are questioning Doc Rivers. However, why was this allowed to go on for over 30 years? Makes me wonder what kind of dirt Sterling has on other owners and people associated w/ the NBA. Obviously, he's not going quietly. This is just the tip of the iceberg. A man as vindictive as Sterling will bring down others with him on his sinking ship.

Jackson always speakin' the realest.

The truth is that there are always circumstances good or bad that you have to deal with in the workplace. Sometimes you don't know what your boss/co-workers think about you and as long as they don't step to you in the wrong way, you don't give a ****. Though it wasn't intentional, either way his real feelings got put out for everyone to deal with, and at that point you can't pretend like it didn't happen or you don't really know.... then it becomes a question of morality and who you really are and what matters to you.

now if they were going to take the high road and say "hey, it's all about the fans", then they should go ahead and say I'm *****-made and I have got more personal issues to deal with and this prick isn't worth risking all that but don't sell wolf tickets and sit on Adam Silvers shoulders waiting for appeasement.

It's not about basketball and championships, they should have done something earlier but I'm not going to speak on what to do because I wasn't in their shoes.

glasses.gif
Stack5

Timmy looking thin
Gotta get ready for them slim fit shirts she has him wearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom