2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to figure out how the players in a league that has the highest average salary and fully guaranteed contracts yet is 3rd in revenue amongst major sports are getting screwed.

Use long division bro......looooong division :lol:

JK just say you siding with the owners and that's that, doubt anybody posts something that'll change your mind...rarely happens on NT.

I don't side with anybody I legitimately don't understand how the current CBA screws anybody outside of Lebron.

:lol:

Football has 53 man rosters

Baseball has 40 man rosters

Basketball has 12-15 man rosters.

You're really confused why they have the highest average salary? :lol:

:lol:

Football has 53 man rosters

Baseball has 40 man rosters

Basketball has 12-15 man rosters.

You're really confused why they have the highest average salary? :lol:

NBA players get the highest percentage of revenue of all pro sports.

Oh and I never said I'm confused as to why they have the highest average salary. Nice try though.

I just don't understand outside of the average NTer relating to the average NBA player more than the average owner why folks keep saying they are getting screwed.

Last edited:
The NBA has the smallest rosters out of the 3 major sports, thats why they make the most money

Max contracts are anti-Capitalist

I'm still trying to figure out how the players in a league that has the highest average salary and fully guaranteed contracts yet is 3rd in revenue amongst major sports are getting screwed.
less players per team
eyes.gif

Who said Rose was the best PG in the NBA, pre-injury?! Derrick has never been the best in his position but, he has been a top 5 player in the world at one point & time.

How could a guy be the NBA MVP but not be a top 5 player at one point in time?

The ******* yall say sometimes :smh:

Last edited:

I looked back at the year Rose won the MVP, and although there is no doubt that Rose was top 10 player that year, it may be a debate whether he really was a top 5 player.

I think the main reasons he won MVP was that 1) he was the best player of the team that won the most games, and 2) voter fatigue on LeBron.

Hell of a player still, though. I"m not doubting his talent, just the fact whether he really was a clear top 5 player at the time.

Steve Nash will be one of those guys that dont get the recognition they deserve until like 10 years after he hangs it up. He was an offensive player the likes of which the league has never seen before.

MVP always goes to the MVP of the team wth the best record.

Obviously Spurs were out of contention with the way they play and the amount of rest they get.

But anyways....

Regular Season MVP means nothing. Finals MVP >>>>>

I looked back at the year Rose won the MVP, and although there is no doubt that Rose was top 10 player that year, it may be a debate whether he really was a top 5 player.

I think the main reasons he won MVP was that 1) he was the best player of the team that won the most games, and 2) voter fatigue on LeBron.

Hell of a player still, though. I"m not doubting his talent, just the fact whether he really was a clear top 5 player at the time.

You forgot about how his team went from a 40 win team to a 60 win team

And also how lebron basically went to a super team, put up the same stats, and his team had less wins

Steve Nash will be one of those guys that dont get the recognition they deserve until like 10 years after he hangs it up. He was an offensive player the likes of which the league has never seen before.

U on one.

Steve Nash is clearly one if the best PGs ever. But then again what PG doesn't flourish in Mike D Antonis offense?

Not taking anything from Nash. He's one of my favorite players ever. But gotta give Mike credit for that offense.

They'll score like 130 a game and give up 120 :lol:

That suns team was definitely the most entertaining team to watch the last 15 years.

Last edited:
MDA has a good system for point guards but no other point guard in MDA's system has put up Steve Nash numbers for a long stretch

Nash was apart of great offensive teams before (Mavs) and after (post-2008 Suns) D'Antoni left.

Yep so Kawhi is the best player in the NBA :smokin

Really? Not sure where you're getting that from.

And also how lebron basically went to a super team, put up the same stats, and his team had less wins

You forgot they went from a 40-60 because of Coach Thibedou. Not Rose. They had the best defense. But not enough with that weak offense with no true 2nd option.

I can't stand cpflop but rose has never been better than him

You could look at it both ways though. Another main reason they became the elite team is the hiring of Thibodeau. Before that the coach was I think Del Negro, and we know how his track record is as a coach.

Also, the fact that LeBron went to a super team and was able to put up similar #s could also mean that his greatness shins anywhere he goes.

Just playing devil's advocate here. I was rooting for Rose to get MVP because I was also tired of Bron winning MVPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom