2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this.

+1. Understand it from Bron's perspective being in his prime, but transitioning from aging Bron to the Drew just made too much sense. Especially defending on the wings, as others have pointed out. I think Kevin Love is really good too, but don't think that this tips the scale for the Cavs to be the favorite.

Hope Minny provides Drew with a strong developmental system. Not sold on that.

Last edited:
I never see that team winning 50+ games in the West unless Wiggins become a top 3 player in the league :lol:

Agree. There 's this thing called shooting that's pretty important in the NBA these days. Don't know where the shooting is going to come from for the Wolves.

I hate this.

+1. Understand it from Bron's perspective being in his prime, but transitioning from aging Bron to the Drew just made too much sense. Especially defending on the wings, as others have pointed out. I think Kevin Love is really good too, but don't think that this tips the scale for the Cavs to be the favorite.

Love is basically a Chris Bosh on steroids, I dont' see how some of you don't think Love won't help this team. This team hasn't had a proven PF or PG around Bron, ever.

This just tops the cake. Just look at the roster on paper - it looks amazing.

mo williams
Kmart
Budinger
Bennett

Thats a solid bench. You can find shooters out there if you really need more.

Last edited:
Exactly....looks good on paper. And the Bosh that Miami got in the first year was better than Love and Wade was better than Kyrie in that first year too.

But they have Lebron whose gonna make the rest of the better.

I just dont think their a championship team in year 1. They'll breeze to the Finals though.

Last edited:
I hate this.

Love is basically a Chris Bosh on steroids, I dont' see how some of you don't think Love won't help this team. This team hasn't had a proven PF or PG around Bron, ever.

On steroids?

Bosh was 24 / 10.8 the year before he went to Miami. Not to mention he was a much better defender than Love is today

Last edited:
I'll say this much...Lebron is much better off with that frontcourt in Cleveland that he was in Miami. It may not be the best defensive frontcourt, but he actually has legit size/rebounding across the board in Love, Thompson, Varejao and Haywood. Compare that to Bosh, Birdman, Haslem and Oden :lol:

I also agree on Waiters being a 6th man. Kyrie / Waiters / Lebron doesn't make much sense to me. They need a 2 way SG starting on the perimeter. Someone like Courtney Lee :nerd:

Bosh Birdman and Haslem were a productive front court.

Miami got beat by the best team in the NBA in the finals. They were a good team with huge strengths and a few weaknesses.

All I'm hearing now is how terrible that Miami team was lol.

Reading comp, my guy. "Tip the scale for the Cavs to be the favorite" =/= make the Cavs better. Love isn't as good of a defender as Bosh, although neither offer much rim protection. Yes, I know he's a much better shooter and passer. Looking forward to Love to Bron Fullcourt outlet passes myself. Still wanted to see Drew in Cleveland. Makes a lot of sense long term.

Last edited:
Why are the Cavs looking at Marion and Allen? They should desperately be trying to sign a shot blocking center as insurance for AV. Unless they think TT can play C a lot. After figuring that out, they can chase extra wings.

CLEVELAND is flat out scary. I would definitely start waiters and then allow him to play more with 2nd squad. Taking the ball duties from Bron will only extend his career (in addition to the weight loss).

I'm looking forward to this rivalry. Bullies are definitely deeper, but it will be a great game every time they play for the next 4-6 years.

I really don't get what ya'll see in Lavine outside of his athletic ability.

Ball handling = average
Defense = average at best
Can't create his own offense
Cant do anything with his left

I hate this.

chris bosh played defense tho

kevin love is better offensively than bosh, yet bosh makes up for the deficit defensively. not that kevin love is a bad defender, but bosh is that much better playing a true 4. love will be fine though because they have andy v and tristan still

Lavine's game looks really nice but he's never really produced. He's not a guy I would count on for anything.

Wiggins needs to bulk up before these 50 win, 18 ppg discussions even start. Dude is skinnier than Rubio right now. His trainers are embarrassing.

This basketball offseason did not disappoint.

Crazy as hell the cavs won the draft lottery again.

Twolves stay taking Ls ...they definitely got robbed. Didn't take back TT or waiters? Didn't unload a bad contract??

Still gonna go with chi over Cleveland :smokin

I don't buy that the Cavaliers wouldn't have cap space next year. Not one bit.

Ship off Waiters and Bennett for free to a team like Charlotte, and you have plenty of space. I mean hell, they could have probably shipped of Bennett and Thompson and still made it work next season.

Love+Wiggins+LeBron+Kyrie >>>>> Anything the Cavaliers will ever put together from this point forward.

You have to take a shot at it IMO. If Love is willing to sign a long-term extension right now, I don't see why he wouldn't take a few pennies off his check to play on easily the best team in the past 15 years.

IMO, you gotta try LeBron+Wiggins out. You can't just give up on that. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about though.. :lol:

Last edited:
Transition and PnR basketball is what this league is about though. I just like his game for the NBA.

Last edited:
That said, looks like Marion will go to Cleveland too. :nerd:

I can't wait for Cavs V Mavs next year. :pimp:

Jameer/Devin V Kyrie
Monta V Waiters/Mike Miller
Parsons/Aminu V LeBron
Dirk V Love
Tyson V Andy Varejao.

:pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back