2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

He's at 82 pitches in the 8th with two outs, you can't let him finish the ******* game Joe???? One of the few reasons why I'll never be a fan of his.

I think it was more so because Cano was up. And they've been slowly trying to build up Whitley's arm strength.

Had it been Kuroda, Tanaka or C.C. they probably get to finish the inning.

Robertson 16/18 in saves... T-3 in Majors for Saves.

Chase Whitley reactions to the Ellsbury & Gardner catches :rofl:

Last edited:
Whitley is great. Looks like a excellent #5 starter from here on out and Nova will have to compete to get that job back in 12-13 months

Nova is their best pitcher behind tanaka..I doubt he will be competing with Chase Whitley..but Whitley is here to stay

He's at 82 pitches in the 8th with two outs, you can't let him finish the ******* game Joe???? One of the few reasons why I'll never be a fan of his.

He's gotta protect his arm..plus it's a righty vs lefty..and cano took him deep..but ellsbury made a great play

Can't wait til Pineda comes back so we could put Nuno in the bullpen..he gets hit so hard..I went to one of the games where he pitched and it was like batting practice for the other team :smh:

Nothing about Pineda and his rehab suggest he'll even be back this year unfortunately.

I didn't kno it was that serious..anyway Nuno scares me on the mound..kuroda has been good lately but never gets any support..I think warren would be good as a starter but with his velocity increasing from 91 to 95-96 as a reliever he will stay as a force in the bullpen

Had another set back a few days ago, they found inflammation I believe. I wouldn't count on getting anything from him for a while.

I'll put it this way, I'd rather a pitcher go through TJS once and have the 90% chance of having a second one in 6-7 years than any kind of shoulder or lat injury. Those injuries are FAR tougher to come back from for pitchers. Those are career enders.

The fact that the only reasonable name to ever come back to some respectability after those kind of surgeries is Anibal Sanchez says something.

They should have tried to change his delivery after the surgery. Same thing is going to happen in Seattle with Walker

Last edited:
Pineda is still expected to return before 4th of July.. Was retroactively put on the 60 day DL starting May 2nd to make more roster room. The setback was one two weeks that we already knew.

Personally, I still think Pineda was wrong place, wrong time.. I.e. Had he not been a bonehead and got suspended, he doesn't go to do simulated starts and hurt himself. Sure, he maybe injures himself anyway, but it is a freak occurrence that seems to follow Yankees last few years.

Last edited:
The way his delivery is, he was bound to hurt himself again. That's how it is for guys with shoulder issues like he was coming off of. The slight snapping movement in his delivery is always going to impact the shoulder. Tommy Hanson was a prime example of a kid who balked at it and when he decided they were right, it was too late.

I read he hasn't started a throwing program yet as of yesterday, so is July 4th even realistic at this point?

Just saw on Twitter that Girardi said Pineda is out until August. He hasn't started throwing yet and when he does he'll be starting from zero so coming back in July is out of the question. Also CC is only playing catch now so no changes to the rotation anytime soon.

In other news, they signed Heath Bell to a minor league contract.

Just saw on Twitter that Girardi said Pineda is out until August. He hasn't started throwing yet and when he does he'll be starting from zero so coming back in July is out of the question. Also CC is only playing catch now so no changes to the rotation anytime soon.

In other news, they signed Heath Bell to a minor league contract.

God damn it Pineda.

• Girardi said it’s been roughly two weeks since Michael Pineda’s setback, and he should be playing catch “fairly shortly.” That said, the Yankees have to go through all the steps of throwing bullpens and facing hitters and getting into rehab games. That’s why it will be another month and a half before any realistic chance of getting Pineda back in the rotation. “I would think August is probably realistic,” Girardi said. “You’ve got to build him up. That’s the problem.” Girardi stressed that there’s been no additional setback. The Yankees are simply giving Pineda more rest this time than they did last time.

Rest is not going to do **** :lol: I have no clue why they won't just work on his delivery and relieve the stress on his shoulder/lat.

@BryanHoch: Yankees have changed the lineup. Mark Teixeira scratched with left ribcage tightness.

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom