2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

We need to make a deal for Samardzija and a bat

Sanchez, Warren, Jagielo, Whitley, Betances can't be traded. Need the youth. Everyone else in the farm system is expendable.

Although I still think Scherzer is a Yankee next year.

Last edited:
U guys think david price could be a Yankee one day? Should b on the market soon

Last edited:
Happy Fathers Day fellas, enjoy to the fullest :smokin

Meant to wish you (and any other dads in this thread) a HFD yesterday.

Hope it was a good one man.

Yea +1 for that :pimp:

I doubt they'll have even for Shark or Price. TB will end up getting a Garza kinda deal but they won't accept that from anyone in the division. I think they end up with Hammel, who isn't a bad option.

Not if Price continues thinking/acting the way that he is now. Remember he said he wouldn't sign a long term deal with the Yankees and wouldn't stay there long all because he doesn't want to shave his facial hair. And the Yankees rules are old school, and since he was born in the 80's thats not for him.

Yeah his agent probably made him backtrack and issue that retraction but its clear how he feels.

I completely forgot that fool said that :lol: but then again, it's not unlike him to speak without a care.

He's been so good this year though despite that team being dog ****, I wouldn't mind making a run at him.

I just heard on the radio that Tanaka hasn't had ONE 3-0 count yet on a batter .... ONE .... :x

That is insane friends .. Someone gif me ...

My only thing with Price is we have to conserve some of our minors.

I have no problem letting go of Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott, Tyler Austin, Peter O'Brien, Austin Romine

But Gary Sanchez, Eric Jagielo (first time I got that right without having to look it up), Dante Bichette Jr. need to stay.

Reason why I let go of a lot of the outfield prospects and some of the catchers is because with Gardner & Ellsbury signed for 4 years+, 2/3 of the outfield is taken care of, and is superb at all facets. Beltran is DH, part-time RF for a couple years after this. You look through the rest of the roster, we need a guy who will undoubtedly hit 20-30 HRs a season. You can always use another speed guy, but we really run into disaster every time that we field a lineup as if Yankee Stadium is Citi Field. We play in a ballpark that houses a lot of runs, we have to have a lineup that can produce that quickly. The Catchers because there is a lot of backlog. With John Ryan Murphy playing well. And Cervelli being around (sometimes on occasion), and McCann, it gives us enough guys to hold us over until Sanchez is ready in a couple of years, and if need be there is always a market for older catchers available as a stop gap for a year.

We have good youth in terms of Yangervis Solarte, Masahiro Tanaka, Chase Whitley, Michael Pineda (if at least we consider him a #5 starter due to unreliability), David Phelps, Dellin Betances & Adam Warren. I'd even throw in David Robertson because 30 years old in the bullpen is still young.

If we can keep all of the guys currently in the big club, keep the infield prospects (minus catcher), and add a young SS, we'll be ahead of the game.

For example, Mason Williams, Peter O'Brien, a couple pitchers in the minors for David Price. I'd jump in.

Last edited:
Tampa Bay has pretty much let it be known they will not deal inside the division for their highly desired players. I can't remember one trade that they made with another AL East team in the last decade.

My only thing with Price is we have to conserve some of our minors.

I have no problem letting go of Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott, Tyler Austin, Peter O'Brien, Austin Romine

But Gary Sanchez, Eric Jagielo (first time I got that right without having to look it up), Dante Bichette Jr. need to stay.

Reason why I let go of a lot of the outfield prospects and some of the catchers is because with Gardner & Ellsbury signed for 4 years+, 2/3 of the outfield is taken care of, and is superb at all facets. Beltran is DH, part-time RF for a couple years after this. You look through the rest of the roster, we need a guy who will undoubtedly hit 20-30 HRs a season. You can always use another speed guy, but we really run into disaster every time that we field a lineup as if Yankee Stadium is Citi Field. We play in a ballpark that houses a lot of runs, we have to have a lineup that can produce that quickly. The Catchers because there is a lot of backlog. With John Ryan Murphy playing well. And Cervelli being around (sometimes on occasion), and McCann, it gives us enough guys to hold us over until Sanchez is ready in a couple of years, and if need be there is always a market for older catchers available as a stop gap for a year.

We have good youth in terms of Yangervis Solarte, Masahiro Tanaka, Chase Whitley, Michael Pineda (if at least we consider him a #5 starter due to unreliability), David Phelps, Dellin Betances & Adam Warren. I'd even throw in David Robertson because 30 years old in the bullpen is still young.

If we can keep all of the guys currently in the big club, keep the infield prospects (minus catcher), and add a young SS, we'll be ahead of the game.

For example, Mason Williams, Peter O'Brien, a couple pitchers in the minors for David Price. I'd jump in.

I can't wait to see Lindgren (their top draft pick from Miss St) pitch..hopefully soon

Speaking of prospects..u can catch another one of their draft picks..Vince Conde (shortstop) in the College World Series right now..plays for Vanderbilt

I can't wait to see Lindgren (their top draft pick from Miss St) pitch..hopefully soon

Speaking of prospects..u can catch another one of their draft picks..Vince Conde (shortstop) in the College World Series right now..plays for Vanderbilt

Our bullpen looks like it will be the goods for years to come...

If only we didn't let Boone go... Still makes me mad. He was really good last year, now he's crap in Colorado.

We're like two moves away from being a legit contender. Have no idea why we didn't sign Kendrys Morales with our anemic offense. Still feel like we should make a run at Samardzija

I think a starter gets them there. There's too many DH types on this team between Jeter/KJ/Tex/Beltran/Ichiro/Soriano. Pretty soon, Beltran/McCann are going to need to either stop swinging for the fences every time up or the blame starts shifting to them. If Kevin Long could teach that hack Granderson to magically hit lefties but can't teach McCann to beat the shift every once in a while, that's a problem.

I would seriously consider taking a run at Headley if the cost was appropriate. Solarte to second and Roberts to the bench. I would say Utley but Amaro is too stupid to think he needs to rebuild. Aaron Hill wouldn't be a bad option either.

I would say bench Jeter but not after the week he just had. The fact is I doubt that'll ever be an option. So it's going to be up to the starters. Third worst offense in the AL and only a game out of a WC spot. We have the depth to make a move.

Hell, make a move for Headley/IPK :lol: dude has been great this year.

Last edited:
If Headley can be had for cheap (i.e. Sori deal last year) then I'm cool with it. He's a Free Agent after the season, can't get too hyped over him.

As for pitching. It all depends on how CC comes back, and if Pineda comes back. If Pineda doesn't and CC is mediocre Samardzija won't make difference. If CC pitches like a #3, and Pineda can finish up the season.. We add Samardzjua, I think we have what it takes to go all the way. So long as we still go after Scherzer in the offseason.

Unfortunately, I think there is an eerie similarity to last season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom