2014 NFL Draft Thread

12. St. Louis Rams
Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

13. Philadelphia Eagles
Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Aaron Murray is going to suck so bad in the NFL. I can't freaking wait. :lol:

He's the male version of Mark Sanchez.

I'm reading a mock that has Teddy to the Jags with them landing Lache Seastrunk in round 2. :pimp:

With them already having Blackmon and Joekel in hand, that's a solid start to an offense.

Same mock has Aaron Murray to the Bears in Round 3. :lol:
And Logan Thomas to the 9ers Rd 3. :pimp:

And Dri Archer to Denver in Rd 3. :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

I'm reading a mock that has Teddy to the Jags with them landing Lache Seastrunk in round 2. :pimp:

With them already having Blackmon and Joekel in hand, that's a solid start to an offense.

Same mock has Aaron Murray to the Bears in Round 3. :lol:
And Logan Thomas to the 9ers Rd 3. :pimp:

And Dri Archer to Denver in Rd 3. :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Ugh Murray is ***... i do not want him near the bears.

Logan thomas as what to the niners? TE?

Saw Rakeem Cato play for the first time this past Saturday. I knew of him, but never saw anything other than highlights over the years. He's very impressive. If he was 3 inches taller, you'd be talking about him as a sure-bet 1st round pick. I think he's a Jr., so he's got another year left. Dude is mobile, has poise, and a very good arm for someone 6'0". As I said in another thread, there are elements of his game that remind me of Drew Brees.

The success of Russell Wilson will help his cause down the road. Can't do anything about his height, but he'll have to put on another 15-20 pounds, IMO, before he declares. I think he's a 2/3 round selection. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised at him starting a game in the NFL within a year or two of being drafted.

Aaron Murray is going to suck so bad in the NFL. I can't freaking wait. :lol:

don't see how the 2 compare at all.

and which QB's do you like in this draft

College "name" QB's who will flop so hard in the NFL.Sanchez sucks, Murray will too.

Bridge, McCarron, Mariota from an athlete standpoint, want to see his accuracy worked on, Boyd, and looking forward to Mettenberger this week to see if he really has turned corner.

Need to watch Hundley, Manziel, Bortles and Fales more.

You like Hundley, he ready iyo? Need another year in school?

Manziel.

It's early and there are things different about him that intrigue me to say he won't be a bust, but for now...He's all flash and no polish.

Other than that, I haven't watched nearly enought CFB this year to have an opinion on others. Never liked Mettenberger though.

Saw somethin on Twitter about Manziel that started to alleviate some of my concerns.

Think it was Feldman that tweeted the size of Manziel's hand vs Gardner's hand who is 6-4. Manziel's hand was the same size if not a smidge bigger. He mentioned for smaller QB's, as long as they have big hands, they'll be ok on that aspect and makes up for their lack of "size". He mentioned Drew Brees specifically. Brees and Russ both adjust for their sightlines with deeper dropbacks, if Manziel can do that too, and has bigger size hands, maybe he'll be alright afterall.

So that's a positive from me at least in terms of my worry about Manziel bein too small. We'll see.

Saw somethin on Twitter about Manziel that started to alleviate some of my concerns.

Think it was Feldman that tweeted the size of Manziel's hand vs Gardner's hand who is 6-4. Manziel's hand was the same size if not a smidge bigger. He mentioned for smaller QB's, as long as they have big hands, they'll be ok on that aspect and makes up for their lack of "size". He mentioned Drew Brees specifically. Brees and Russ both adjust for their sightlines with deeper dropbacks, if Manziel can do that too, and has bigger size hands, maybe he'll be alright afterall.

So that's a positive from me at least in terms of my worry about Manziel bein too small. We'll see.

That's interesting...dude also has a size 15 foot.

Aaron Murray is going to suck so bad in the NFL. I can't freaking wait.
laugh.gif

don't see how the 2 compare at all.

and which QB's do you like in this draft
College "name" QB's who will flop so hard in the NFL.Sanchez sucks, Murray will too.

Bridge, McCarron, Mariota from an athlete standpoint, want to see his accuracy worked on, Boyd, and looking forward to Mettenberger this week to see if he really has turned corner.

Need to watch Hundley, Manziel, Bortles and Fales more.

You like Hundley, he ready iyo? Need another year in school?
Hundley may need another year, lazy foot work, locks on to WR and questionable decision making but the NFL could fix all that also.

the wild card IMO is mettenberger, he is playing like the 4 star recruit he was going into UGA 4 years ago, lets see how he plays VS better SEC teams tho.

murray has a NFL arm already something sanchez never had. and his body of work(if you want to call it bad or good go ahead) is way more then what sznchez had

Last edited:
I'm reading a mock that has Teddy to the Jags with them landing Lache Seastrunk in round 2.
pimp.gif

dont forget eugene monroe and cecil shorts..

if someone offered something decent for MJD they should take it.. doubt it happens now, since he looks like he's starting to break down a little bit

Last edited:
:lol: @ "...might be blacker than we think."

But that's completely correct. Russell's hand size and the depth of his dropbacks alleviated a few of my concerns as well. What separates though is the mental side of the game. Russell and Brees know what they're seeing and can digest film. If Manziel just continues to go out and use the Fran Tarkenton plan of attack then he's doomed.

Last edited:
Saw someone that has mocked Cleveland landing , QB Boyd, CB Purifoy, WR Jordan Mathews, OG Zach Martin, RB Grice, S CJ Barnett, and RB James Wilder thru 4 rounds.

Well, damn. :pimp:

What do you see in Johnny that suggests he doesn't know what he's seeing and cant digest film?

What do you see in Johnny that suggests he doesn't know what he's seeing and cant digest film?

I'm not saying he doesn't know how to do those things, but he'll have to prove he can. His quick willingness to break the pocket and take off can mean that he's not fully developing the side of the game that he'll need in the NFL. He's teaching himself that if the first read isn't there, to take off and go, whereas in the NFL you won't be able to do that in the long haul.

Russell and Brees are masters of the game. Scrambling or shifting the pocket are complements to their abilities, but they developed the skill of learning defense and adjustments before they entered the NFL. Most scrambing/running quarterbacks come in the NFL withouth having gained that knowledge and need to learn in the NFL, which could lead to some struggle.

Last edited:
Saw someone that has mocked Cleveland landing , QB Boyd, CB Purifoy, WR Jordan Mathews, OG Zach Martin, RB Grice, S CJ Barnett, and RB James Wilder thru 4 rounds.

Well, damn. :pimp:

apparently they're not factoring in the CLE front office in those projections

About the previous discussion on Bradford:

St. Louis Rams fans continue to wait for Sam Bradford to play like a No. 1 overall pick. He hasn't played poorly through four seasons, but he often leaves observers wanting more.

It begs the question: When might the Rams front office think about alternatives?

Thankfully, we have NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Silver to ask these sort of questions in person. They spent time with Rams coach Jeff Fisher, GM Les Snead, and Rams President Kevin Demoff in St. Louis this week.

"We have decided that Sam Bradford is our guy. If they came to us and wanted to do a contract extension right now, we'd do it in a minute," Demoff said, according to Silver.

Bradford's deal doesn't run out until 2015. He's due $27 million over the next two years, which is a lot of money for a mid-level starter.

Rapoport and Silver report that Bradford is in no rush to work on an extension. Bradford knows how highly the Rams think of him, but he'd like to wait until he has the stats to back up the kind of contract he wants. (We'd argue that Bradford doesn't have the stats to back up the contract he has now.)

If the stats don't come this season, Rapoport writes that Bradford will play another season and reassess after 2014.

Bradford is not going anywhere and there is no pressure to do a new contract soon. He has a big salary the next few years, and the Rams are clearly on board with paying it.

At some point, Bradford is going to have to play like a top-shelf starter in order to get paid like one. Bradford has time on his side.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000251130/article/sam-bradford-extension-talks-welcomed-by-rams

Whatever that means, but at first blush it seems the Rams are deadset on Bradford.

You guys remember John David Booty

outside of Palmer, USC has been gettin trash QB's drafted for a decade

Last edited:

I see too much Favre myself. Maybe I am wrong and he becomes who he is right now, even in the NFL. But I watched the Bama game and all I saw was lobs to Evans which is in one sense smart, going to the mismatch, and in the other sense, not gonna work in the NFL.

His ball also seemed to take that extra second to get there (on that day) and then the heave in the middle of the field just made me want to give the guy a hug. He woulda lost his damn job in the NFL. :lol: :lol: You can't be doin that maaaaan. Unless it's 3rd and 18 in the final minute of the Super Bowl, that throw was crazy dumb.

I feel a little better about his size after the Hands tweet, so I'll keep an eye on him and see what happens, but right now I just feel media circus, and Favreish without the arm and size that Favre had. If he was 6-3 with Bray's arm, maybe I'd be geeked about a Favre 2.0

651, they can say whatever they want. They go 3-13 and have two #1's, Bradford is gone, imo. 27 mil over two years, they could pay the #5 pick 25 mil over 4 years with that, and have a better, younger fit for their personnel. Depends on how he does this year I suppose, he hasn't been terrible or anything, just not the same value (to me) they could get elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom