2014 XXL Freshmen cover

Chance is not good.

Any rapper with "rapper" in their stage name just screams corny.

*minus Rapper Noyd

Nobody wants to acknowledge Chance has a new style though. And that's 90% of what you need now because most people sound alike. If you don't like him it's pretty easy to avoid his music but Acid Rap still did more for him than any mixtape did for another rapper last year.

Freestyle was meh but I didn't expect him to be a good freestyle either

Last edited:
How is Chances style new when Vic Mensa is similar but toned down and no stupid ad libs & sounds Chance be making. In reality NONE of these new dudes have a new style. Thats impossible. Everything has been done before by someone in one way or another. Chance is just different to the ppl who have never heard an outside of the box type of rapper and only heard the typical radio rap. How Acid Rap blew him up tho I'll never know. That mixtape had 3 good songs at best

FOH with that Chance is trash talk. smh.

Dude is ill. Did yall not get what he was talking about or something? 

Unique, Creative with his flow, and has content. Why people hate the kid so much??

How is Chances style new when Vic Mensa is similar but toned down and no stupid ad libs & sounds Chance be making. In reality NONE of these new dudes have a new style. Thats impossible. Everything has been done before by someone in one way or another. Chance is just different to the ppl who have never heard an outside of the box type of rapper and only heard the typical radio rap. How Acid Rap blew him up tho I'll never know. That mixtape had 3 good songs at best
Because the production is 
pimp.gif
. I think a lot of cats forget about that.

chance the rapper is just a watered down 3 stacks who copies eminem and lil waynes flow. Only people who just starting listening to music think his stuff is original.

Chance got CAA behind him, the push is heavy.

There's a reason why his tape was everywhere immediately and he's playing every damn festival in the world while rappers with more hype/better music aren't.

Management > Talent.

Exactly.

That tape was on datpiff front page for 2 months straights.

Vic mensa tape dropped the whole datpiff website was themed for it too.

Keep in mind these cats not making no noise what so ever in chicago. I can tell these dudes is hollywood as it gets too

The hell y'all in here talking about? None of these ****** can freestyle. All writtens all the time unless you OJ the Juiceman or Lil B. This just happens to be how Chance raps and it's terrible for a freestyle, but the actual words are nowhere near bad.

Did this Vic Mensa guy not come after Chance? I'm missing your point. Because Chance's mixtape was popular all last year while this is the first time I'm hearing of Vic Mensa. Not saying who I hear of is what's most important, but Chance was pretty hard to miss if you owned a computer last year. Can't say the same about Vic.

Did this Vic Mensa guy not come after Chance? I'm missing your point. Because Chance's mixtape was popular all last year while this is the first time I'm hearing of Vic Mensa. Not saying who I hear of is what's most important, but Chance was pretty hard to miss if you owned a computer last year. Can't say the same about Vic.

They're friends. They came up at the exact same time.

OJ freshman freestyle is one of the most legendary freestyles in rap.

"Six rings on like a basketball player"

If I remember right Chance is actually signed to the same label as Vic n Vic been rapping since at least 2012. Seen him featured but Innanetape was his first official mixtape. My point is Chances style really isnt as unique as ppl would like to think it is and that my main gripe with him. Hes overrated. I feel like alot of the attention he gets should be given to other artists who I feel are better than him. But its whatever. Dude has talent & potential but for now hes not as good as ppl make him out to be

EDIT: @awwsome :rofl: that freestyle was hilarious. Whos the next XXL freshman freestyle btw?

Last edited:
If I remember right Chance is actually signed to the same label as Vic n Vic been rapping since at least 2012. Seen him featured but Innanetape was his first official mixtape. My point is Chances style really isnt as unique as ppl would like to think it is and that my main gripe with him. Hes overrated. I feel like alot of the attention he gets should be given to other artists who I feel are better than him. But its whatever. Dude has talent & potential but for now hes not as good as ppl make him out to be

EDIT: @awwsome :rofl: that freestyle was hilarious. Whos the next XXL freshman freestyle btw?

Chance's first mixtape came out in 2011

I thought Chance first mixtape was 10 Days? Just read that came out in 2012 and that Vic been rapping since 09...

Dude dropped that G.O.O.D intro think he was gonna get a look from kanye west. You gotta come with some real **** like sosa and louie to get a yeezy cosign bud.

Vic mensa just dropped a song...its hella gay but its getting views smh.

Tried to give those song just posted another shot and the first lyrics dude spit was "on the mic like its a d**k"

:stoneface:

Dude dropped that G.O.O.D intro think he was gonna get a look from kanye west. You gotta come with some real **** like sosa and louie to get a yeezy cosign bud.

Vic mensa just dropped a song...its hella gay but its getting views smh.

Man what in the hell are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom