2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

it's still not reliable but you at least gotta respect his shot.

he's not Rondo status where defenders give him 10 feet to shoot tho :lol:

Last edited:
Smoke screens galore. Phil isn't letting anyone know his true plan.
Agreed. I feel that is a rumor derived by nothing besides Phil saying he thought the Knicks were going to get a big man before we fell to the 4th pick.

Idk how Phil could say that he prefers a defensive minded big and then draft Jahil. Regardless, I think Ok will go to the Lakers anyway. Maybe Phil leaks out that he wants to take him to get the Lakers to take him first you never know.

I honestly think that Phil really wants Russell. I feel like if he really wanted Mudiay we would know more about that since it is realistic. But Russell's future is kind of up in the air right now. You know Phil is interested and he would be a perfect fit for incorporating the triangle into modern NBA. But at the same time I feel like Phil is being careful about not releasing any smoke screens about his interest in Russell out of fear that it might lead Philly to drafting him.

I really hope that Philly passes on Russell or trades the pick to Orlando. I have close to 0 doubt that Phil takes Russell at 4.

If you’re looking for any clues regarding potential draft-night trades, here’s one: the Detroit Pistons are said to have interest in trading for Tim Hardaway Jr. and have tried to engage the Knicks on a deal, per league sources.

Detroit may be looking to move guard Brandon Jennings because the organization traded for fellow guard Reggie Jackson last season. Jackson will be a restricted free agent this summer. Jennings is entering the final year of his contract and will make $8.3 million next season. In a Jennings-for-Hardaway Jr. swap, the Knicks would likely have to use their trade exception and adjust their outgoing assets to make the deal work.

Last edited:
If they take Calderon in that deal AND we dont draft a PG at 4 (Im not trying to have Mudiay learn and develop alongside ******* Brandon Jennings) THEN I would do the deal.

BJ would offer a much better stop gap PG otion, he hit the 3/played well this past season, and his contract is expiring as opposed to Calderon's making it a salary dump as well.

I don't think they take Calderon's deal.

Jennings is vastly better than THJr
So 4 for 8 seems like valid compensation to make up. Maybe they throw you a 2nd Rounder in the future.

Adding Calderon makes it even worse compensation for the Pistons from the Knicks.

If they want Tim they should need to take Calderon. That should be a ******* ultimatum.

If not then no deal. Who the **** cares if we miss out on BJ? I would rather have cheap/young THJR than selfish 1 year stop gap PG Jennings anyway.

Especially if we draft Mudiay. Like I have said before, I think THJR would benefit from a PG like Mudiay more so than anyone else on the roster.

Last edited:
The more I research the more I like Muddy as the pick. I see him being the best player the fastest. Long term I'm not sure though...

Personally I like Mudiay a little bit more as well but I won't be mad either way. If we don't draft a guard that'll be another story. I may need a moment :lol:

Keep Jennings away. Just draft Mudiay and move on. Last thing I want is an entitled point guard that relies on a step back because of his lack of explosiveness.

i feel like if we dont draft muddy, he may slide. on another note, i dont think russell is getting past us, unless phil does some dumb ****. i want to have faith in him, but our organization is known to **** up when we need it most and they do it frequently.

TheKnicksBlog

Jackson: Knicks covered at lead guard, small forward; team will draft best player
June 22nd, 2015 10:00 am

Team president Phil Jackson said on ESPN Radio on Monday the Knicks are covered at lead guard and at small forward, and will likely take the best player available to them at No. 4 in the draft.

Jackson did not rule out adding to one of those positions, as long as that is the best player available when their pick comes up.

The Knicks have Langston Galloway and Jose Calderon under contract, among others at guard.

Keith Schlosser, Lead Writer
It should be noted that a “lead guard” in the triangle is not always considered a point guard necessarily. While this is sometimes the case, taller swingmen (a la Toni Kukoc in Chicago, among others) sometimes serve in such a capacity as well. Last season, the Knicks were hoping to play off J.R. Smith in a similar way, but obviously that didn’t work out to the team’s liking.

The “lead guard,” has to be an unselfish player ready to distribute the basketball. Such a player is the one who gets things going in the triangle offense. While Calderon certainly fits that bill (even despite an injury-plagued season in which, he too, struggled to catch on to the triangle), Galloway isn’t the type of distributor the triangle calls for. He’s much more suited for being able to provide a scoring punch off the bench. He plays well off the play as well. The Knicks aren’t really set at any position in particular except for small forward (Carmelo Anthony), so the fact that Jackson appears ready to roll with Calderon and Galloway should be a cause for concern. Looking at the Knicks’ other position players, no clear-cut lead guard candidates appear to emerge.

New York has other more pressing needs, that’s for sure. Still, the fact that “lead guard” is set is troublesome considering the Knicks want to improve. Success in the triangle often starts there, and clearly with Calderon and Galloway running the point, there wasn’t much to be found.

Jackson will sell free agents on playing triangle, in New York
June 22nd, 2015 9:42 am

Knicks president Phil Jackson said he will use the team playing the triangle as a reason to sell free agents on coming to the Knicks.

“We play a style of ball that will benefit players,” Jackson said about the triangle.

Appearing on ESPN Radio, Jackson also said playing in New York, at Madison Square Garden, is another reason free agents should sign with the Knicks.

Jackson later defended the triangle from some of the critics around the league that say the style of play is no longer viable in the NBA.

“That argument doesn’t hold any water,” he said.

that better be just ******** that he's feeding or he needs to be fired. if he passes on muddy/russell/hell even payne and DOESNT sign a PG, **** this team, bc its doomed to hell.

lol @ russell claiming he was sick for not working out with the sixers. he was blinking throughout the whole excuse

Back
Top Bottom