2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Only thing I don't like about WCS is that he changed his name to Willie Trill Cauley-Stein

Should've been Trillie Cauley-Stein or if you prefer to be grown, Trilliam.

You don't win 11 chips being a dummy. Phil is not gonna put Jennings and Galloway together
laugh.gif
. These rumors are hilarious

In Phil I trust
Ppl in here ready to jump out of a window b/c of rumors. High school must've been rough for them 
laugh.gif

You don't win 11 chips being a dummy. Phil is not gonna put Jennings and Galloway together :lol:. These rumors are hilarious

In Phil I trust

Can Jennings fit with Galloway

Can Carmelo fit with Lin

Last edited:
Can't wait til we trade the 4th, THJr & Caldo for Ramon Sessions and Reggie Evans.

Their pick & rolls will be unbelievable.

It's a damn shame when the most wanted players of the 2000s are Ramon Sessions and Reggie Evans :rofl:

Last edited:
“I watch LeBron James, for example,” he said. “He might [travel] every other time he catches the basketball if he’s off the ball. He catches the ball, moves both his feet. You see it happen all the time. There’s no structure, there’s no discipline, there’s no ‘How do we play this game’ type of attitude. And it goes all the way through the game. To the point where now guys don’t screen—they push guys off with their hands.”

He concluded: “It struck me: How can we get so far away from the real truth of what we’re trying to do? And if you give people structure, just like a jazz musician—he’s gotta learn melody, and he’s gotta learn the basic parts of music—and then he can learn how to improvise. And that’s basically what team play is all about.”

The agitation in Jackson’s voice is evident.

“The game actually has some beauty to it, and we’ve kind of taken some of that out of it to make it individualized,” Jackson said. “It’s a lot of who we are as a country, individualized stuff.”

Indeed, Jackson seems much less concerned with validating the triangle than with the state of the game itself.

“When I watch some of these playoff games, and I look at what’s being run out there, as what people call an offense, it’s really quite remarkable to see how far our game has fallen from a team game,” Jackson said. “Four guys stand around watching one guy dribble a basketball.”

:pimp:

In Phil I Trust

Last edited:
None of that matters until we actually start winning. Dude can talk about team ball all day but he fails to mention how he had the two/three best ISO players to ever play the game.

[emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]128184[/emoji][emoji]128184[/emoji][emoji]128184[/emoji]

@Marco_Romo: The Knicks will draft a literal triangle. Fans will boo but then eventually overhype him weeks later.

Personally, I love the way Phil is speaking. And I LOVE him calling out Lebron. We coming for you son :pimp:

I know this might not be a popular take as I know that a solid 90% of you are against trading down at all costs but im gonna bring it up anyway. Mostly because @donewithjs got me thinking about it, as well as recent draft news in general.

But if Charlotte really is as active in trading up/down of that 9th pick as they are rumored to be, if I am Phil I am getting my old buddy MJ on the phone and doing EVERYTHING that I can to inquire about the availability of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

I ******* love MKG. I always have. Maybe its my NJ bias speaking, and that might play a part, but it is much more than just that. MKG is a ******* winner in every sense of the word, and an all-around team-first gym rat. The kind of player NYers gravitate towards.

I have always said he was more important to the 2012 Kentucky team than even AD was. AD was the super star, no doubt about that, but Kentucky has had a lot of freshman stars that got bounced in the tourney. MKG was the X factor. He was their stopper and he set the culture for the rest of that team. On the court, as well as leading those 5 AM "breakfast club" workouts during the season. As soon as I read about that that season, I knew that that UK team was different from the rest, and it all started with MKG.

IMO MKG has what it takes to become an icon in NYC. Not the best player necessarily, but a defensive stopper/similar type of culture changing X-factor, and a fan favorite. He is EXACTLY the kind of player you want to pair with Carmelo. A workhorse kid who will happily guard the best players and take care of all the dirty work while Carmelo gets all the accolades and glory that come from his scoring.

MKG could guard from 1-4 and he would allow the Knicks to play Melo at the 4 and push the pace offensively, without suffering too much defensively because MKG has serious 1st team all defense potential, if not a DPOY down the road.

In addition, I feel like that 9th pick would be a lot more stomachable for all yall anti-traders than the Suns 13 pick. If all the prospects we love at #4 are off the board, the 9th pick still puts us in WCS territory. If we nab WCS with the 9th pick that gives this team an extremely versatile defensive identity moving forward, and it sets up our front court of the future in one night's work. Also wouldnt mind taking Cam Payne with the 9th pick if Phil is that high on him and looking to free agency to find our center.

Idk if yall would consider this, and I definitely dont know if Charlotte would, but IMO this is probably the best trade down scenario out there... If it is out there. Gets us a great fit young starting Forward to jump start our rebuilding process while also allowing us to stay in the top 10 of the draft. If this trade is available, and Russell is gone before the 4th pick, this is the kind of deal I would personally be ESTATIC if we made.

Get on the phone Phil. Not Mills. It's time to call Michael ******* Jordan.

MKG still shoot like he has seven fingers?
That he does :lol:

But IMO that kid is worth it for all that he brings to the table. Shooters are a dime a dozen and we would still (likely) have THJR + cap space to use. And hopefully MKG could still improve on his shooting as well.

But even if he doesnt, you just arent going to find a player that brings all that he does to the table. That **** just cant be taught. Perfect for this team and even more perfect for NYC. And he is what? 22 years old?

Idk if he is available, but if he is, and Charlotte is trying to make a move, IMO Phil needs to make a phone call or 2 about it and see where it goes.

Also idk if yall saw from the draft thread but Porzingis 7'1.25 w/o shoes and 7'6 wingspan (longest in draft). Holy ****.

Imo it would just be insecurity and fear of putting yourself on the line for any team to draft Okafor ahead of Zinger at this point. His post game would have to absolutely dominate in the NBA in order to justify that.

Every draft pick is a gamble and when you are picking this high in the draft you need to look for upside first and foremost, and the amount of upside he has over Okafor makes him the better prospect IMO. He is more versatile offensively, more athletic, taller, and the better defender. Basically everything except his offensive post game surpasses Okafor and they are the same age. With those measurements especially, I can definitely see him being at least a serviceable rim protector in the league, while I think Okafor's D will always need to be hidden.

Shooting aside :lol: he definitely has the intangibles you want in a player. I wouldn't mind seeing Kemba come home while we're at it :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom