2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

amare biggest problem is staying healthy its not his skill we need to worry about... but thats already obvious lets just see it happen

Isn't his biggest problem defense?
He's trying to make up for that with more offense :lol:

Also, I don't think there's ever been a case where a dude over 25 who was terrible at defense and widely known for it ever becoming better at it over time let alone over 30.

I don't think defense is like FTs where you can just keep practicing and eventually get better and if it was I'm pretty sure dudes like Amar'e would then have a huge dip in offensive production.

Last edited:
:lol:

His offense is fine

Its just his defense :rolleyes

Its great to see him give us 15 points, but not when his man is beating him every time on the other side of the court

I figure Amar'e sees it as if he can score 30+ it don't matter if his man gets 15-20. No matter who it is :lol:

its not like amare can stay on the court anyway to practice his defense :lol:

You can actually "learn" how to play defense in the NBA, it all just depends on how early you learn. Amare played in Phoenix early in his career and we all know D'Antoni is notoriously known for his lack of emphasis on the defensive side. I mean outside of the 30 minutes he dedicates to practicing defense :lol:

Point is Amare never learned how to play good defense early on and picked up really bad habits. it's tough for him to learn how to play defense now. Look at the Chicago Bulls for example. I can almost guarantee that Doug McDermott is going to be a half-way decent defender in the NBA just because Thibs will teach him all the nuances of playing defense in the NBA. He'll learn how to read offenses and proper positioning in order to be a successful defender. He probably won't be a "shut down" type of defender, but he'll be a good team defender.

Another example of difficultly learning to play defense later on in your career would be Carlos Boozer. By the time Thibs got to Chicago, Carlos Boozer was already in the league for 6 years. Thats why he never really grasped effective defensive technique which resulted in him getting benched during the 4th quarter in many games.

Amare unfortunately missed out on that and it cannot be anymore evident than it is now.

Last edited:
Its great to see him give us 15 points, but not when his man is beating him every time on the other side of the court

not only his man, but his help defense too.

the past 2 years, Amare has been 'box score good'. if you only see his numbers after a game, itll look like he's had a great game. efficient, low turnovers, all that +/- BS.

but in reality, he'll score 15 & let his man score 18-20pts, and another 5-10pts on late rotation, late help etc.

dont wanna be nitpicking, but remember the 2nd last game vs the Nets in BK? where Shump dropped Pierce? Amare gave up 2 (or 3) dunks to that same old Pierce.

too lazy to post a vid. but PnR situation. Amare guarding Plumlee. basically walked Pierce to the hoop ala Toney Douglas to Rondo smh

not only his man, but his help defense too.

the past 2 years, Amare has been 'box score good'. if you only see his numbers after a game, itll look like he's had a great game. efficient, low turnovers, all that +/- BS.

but in reality, he'll score 15 & let his man score 18-20pts, and another 5-10pts on late rotation, late help etc.

dont wanna be nitpicking, but remember the 2nd last game vs the Nets in BK? where Shump dropped Pierce? Amare gave up 2 (or 3) dunks to that same old Pierce.

too lazy to post a vid. but PnR situation. Amare guarding Plumlee. basically walked Pierce to the hoop ala Toney Douglas to Rondo smh
C'mon Stats defense is suss but I think you're exaggerating. Stat doesn't play the whole game and there's only 5 PF's averaging more than 20 pts a game in the league.

Add me to the list please...

Stat been had the ability to shoot 3's...remember how he raised up effortlessly go the would be game winner vs. the Celtics but it was too late? Him adding that to his game consistently could be very useful.

After seeing how badly D. Rose has been struggling in these FIBA games, I'm starting to sympathize with Shump and understand why he stunk it up last season.

He still has to put up or shut up but that injury that he got is no joke, plus the second surgery last summer made recovery even harder.

After seeing how badly D. Rose has been struggling in these FIBA games, I'm starting to sympathize with Shump and understand why he stunk it up last season.

He still has to put up or shut up but that injury that he got is no joke, plus the second surgery last summer made recovery even harder.
Shumpert struggling with injury = Fine, understandable

Shumpert playing stupidly period = Not fine at all

That boy's problem was more lack of focus (and Woodson just not liking him) than anything else.

He gets a full offseason to work on himself and show his improvement during the year.

I dont think i can ever dislike Stat, with going through two major knee injury, this guys work ethic is great!

And to that video with JR smith ballin, I seen JR Smith, Chris Douglas Robert, Chris Smith, and Cleanthony Early at VIP Room about 2-3 weeks ago.

C'mon Stats defense is suss but I think you're exaggerating. Stat doesn't play the whole game and there's only 5 PF's averaging more than 20 pts a game in the league.

yea im exaggerating a bit on the numbers, but just to show a point.

and i dont dislike Stat. believe it or not, he's been one of my fav. players growing up lol

its just he's too much of a liability. if Melo played Harden defense, id throw shade at him too

Last edited:
im a watch the nfl season just to kill time until the real season starts which is the nba.... where you at melo :nerd:

I'm just hoping for a better season than last year, as well as growth from our young guys. Personally don't think playoffs is too far fetched, but we shall see how high of a hill it is we have to climb.

45 wins doesn't seem too crazy either, considering how bad we were last season and managing to reach 37.

I dont think i can ever dislike Stat, with going through two major knee injury, this guys work ethic is great!

And to that video with JR smith ballin, I seen JR Smith, Chris Douglas Robert, Chris Smith, and Cleanthony Early at VIP Room about 2-3 weeks ago.
Was JR on Molly?

Today is Derek jeter day.... tip off your hats even if you're a mets fan.

Also first Sunday of Football season. Enjoy it

Basketball season coming soon...can't wait!

Last edited:
I've got the Knicks at 4-5. The hornets could finish at 4.

1. Cavaliers
2. Bulls
3. Wizards
4. Knicks
5. Hornets
6. Heat
7. Toronto
8. Nets

Back
Top Bottom