2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Except you would've gotten more for him last summer.

No disagreement there but we can't go back in time.

He's still an extremely valuable asset.
Agreed but Phil needs to be concrete with a plan now. Because the longer we go, the more and more Melo becomes a depreciating asset. So does Phil plan to win with him, is he just biding his time, or is moving the best move for Phil's plan?

Trust me, I am not usually so optimistic. Quite the opposite actually. Yall remember me during the Eddy Curry years :rofl:

If the Knicks would have taken Okafor, I would have been the one pessimistic mother ****** in this ***** while the rest of yall would be in celebration mode. If we had drafted Okafor, you would have seen a part of me much closer resembling the GR8 you saw during the Eddy Curry years than you do right now :lol:

No, I am optimistic because I truly believe in Phil Jackson and I think i am starting to see the team that he has in mind. And unlike a lot of yall, I am able to keep an open mind about a European prospect without generalizing/stereotyping him with other different players. Instead, I usie my own personal research/insight to judge him for who he is and what he brings to the table. I didnt like Zinger from the start, I didnt ******* know him, but he won me over the more I looked into him. Never read a thing I didnt like about him. My hope is that he will be able to do the same to a lot of the current haters out there/in here.

I keep it real always. I form my own point of view. I am far from a blind believer and I am also never a blind hater. I am never optimistic unless I actually see a product that I can get behind.

I remain optimistic about Melo-related issues because I wholeheartedly believe in Carmelo. I was always pessimistic with Eddy Curry, even when he was averaging 20 PPG and starting to win Knicks fans over, because I never believed in him for a second and we werent winning. And those are only 2 examples, it is not like I have always been right. Far from it. I was optimistic about JR Smith LONG after I should have been, to name one of many of my previous errors in judgement.

Right now i am optimistic about Phil's vision for this teams future and I am optimistic about Zinger. I believe in him. That is my opinion. I think the Knicks had a great draft night. I have never really felt that way in my lifetime, despite being an avid follower of the NBA Draft every year. Even when the Knicks dont have a ******* pick. I still always try to know every little thing I can about every prospect. The NBA Draft is my ******* Christmas. One of my favorite nights of the year, year in and year out, even throughout all of the disappointment it has caused me. :lol: :smh:

So yeah, I feel pretty good/optimistic today, but it is not always that way, and who knows how long it will last. Like I said, I have been wrong before and will be wrong again. But I got a good feeling.

Would rep this if I could. Even though I don't necessarily see your reasons for optimism in Kristaps...yet.

But anyways I'm wondering who you have think we should target in FA. What's your lineup wish list post draft?

Would rep this if I could. Even though I don't necessarily see your reasons for optimism in Kristaps...yet.

But anyways I'm wondering who you have think we should target in FA. What's your lineup wish list post draft?
PG: Jerian

SG: Danny Green

SF: Carmelo

PF: David West

C: Zinger

Would be ideal for me... Builds a solid young foundation around a superstar and battle tested veterans they can learn from. All 2 way players as well that fit together as a unit IMO. And all pretty much local kids besides the Zing, who NYC will adopt as one of our own soon enough.
laugh.gif

I think that team makes the playoffs in the East year 1, and a lot of room to grow from there through player development and a **** load of cap space for 2016, without overspending on any of the overvalued free agents this summer like the PG crop and Greg Monroe.

Last edited:
Kristaps doesn't need 40 pounds. He's already 230, just slim. Dirk at his heaviest was around 240, Pau about 240.

Part of his appeal is his mobility. A good 10 to 15 lbs is more than enough. Guy doesn't have to be a heavyweight, he's a stretch 4 with shot blocking ability.

@carmeloanthony: "What's understood doesn't need to be spoken upon" #DestiNY #TheFutureIsNow

look at Melo sending out cryptic tweets like Phil :lol: :lol:

@carmeloanthony: "What's understood doesn't need to be spoken upon" #DestiNY #TheFutureIsNow

look at Melo sending out cryptic tweets like Phil
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
real **** if this doesn't mean Melo has some secret knowledge about players coming here and overhauling our roster, and we have a trash team to begin the season then Melo is just a troll who plays the social media game.

Carmelo is a b, he's getting what he deserves. Dude says one thing to satisfy the public and casual fans but inside he's got another set of priorities (me, me, me + $, and more me)

I can live with the Knicks being terrible for another 2 years, we've all survived (barely) post '99. At least now there's a clear direction which Phil can hopefully stick to, if Dolan allows it. I'll take 30 cents on the dollar for Melo. Gimme 2 future first rounders and get this dude outta here in January/February.

this breadstick will never be accepted in NYC :smh:

I took a beatin today, everywhere I went, my FB is just polluted with jokes and "experts" posting their opinion on the pick.

I feel betrayed man, I watched dam near every minute of this tank and Phil goes this way .... I can't ...

PG: Jerian
SG: Danny Green
SF: Carmelo
PF: David West
C: Zinger

Would be ideal for me... Builds a solid young foundation around a superstar and battle tested veterans they can learn from. All 2 way players as well that fit together as a unit IMO. And all pretty much local kids besides the Zing, who NYC will adopt as one of our own soon enough. :lol:

I think that team makes the playoffs in the East year 1, and a lot of room to grow from there through player development and a **** load of cap space for 2016, without overspending on any of the overvalued free agents this summer like the PG crop and Greg Monroe.

I like your thinking, however would like to add one or two more quality signings to that list - not an overvalue signing, but at least a bench presence in case we can steal a series when the other team has injuries

this breadstick will never be accepted in NYC :smh:

I took a beatin today, everywhere I went, my FB is just polluted with jokes and "experts" posting their opinion on the pick.

I feel betrayed man, I watched dam near every minute of this tank and Phil goes this way .... I can't ...
I feel for you b. You went down with the ship like the captain and the band. Idk how you watched every minute :lol:

Back
Top Bottom