2016 "52 week money challenge"

Have to pay 650$ plus the usual stuff at the end of the month.

Savings is going to take a beating smh.

Finally over $100 in my account. That little bit of progress has me feeling good 
pimp.gif

Finally over $100 in my account. That little bit of progress has me feeling good :pimp:

Got there on Sunday when I made my deposit :smokin (Set up reminders for myself on my phone up through week 26). Really does feel nice to check my account and see more than a few dollars in my savings.

so what do you guys plan on doing with the money you're saving?

i'm either putting it towards paying off my credit card or perhaps a trip

I'm undecided so far. Might not do anything with it :lol:.

Been adding it to my Roth account for retirement or to use in 1st home purchase time will tell which one comes first lol

Unless some emergency comes up where I need to spend it i'm just going to do the same thing again next year, slowly adding more and more to it and allowing it to build over time. I really, really have been wanting to get my savings account built up for the longest time now, but never had the willpower to actually do it. Always made me depressed when a friend would mention having $3,000 in his savings or something like that and i'd be thinking "Damn, i've got .62 cents in mine" :lol:

Last edited:
Anybody still in this?

Just made a 200$ transfer to my savings.

Will try to not dip in the savings for my upcoming june vacations. Would feel great to keep it untouched.

Unless some emergency comes up where I need to spend it i'm just going to do the same thing again next year, slowly adding more and more to it and allowing it to build over time. I really, really have been wanting to get my savings account built up for the longest time now, but never had the willpower to actually do it. Always made me depressed when a friend would mention having $3,000 in his savings or something like that and i'd be thinking "Damn, i've got .62 cents in mine" :lol:

I just had a convo with a buddy about finances and it just motivated me to save even more. dude was talking about how much he has saved and im over here like how sway?

Anybody still in this?

Just made a 200$ transfer to my savings.

Will try to not dip in the savings for my upcoming june vacations. Would feel great to keep it untouched.

im still in it. I gotta set up transfers for may and beyond though. im going on a trip in 2 weeks and ive been making separate deposits so I wont have to touch these savings.

Still in as well. Made the weekly transfer this past Sunday and i'll be making the next one this Sunday. :smokin Think this next one will be put me just over $200.

I'm still in, I'm 2 weeks ahead on things so far for this & I haven't touched the money since April 2015 after I bought my car & restarted, feeling good about hitting the 1 year mark officially!

Have $3,938 saved right now, gotta figure out what to do with it now though. The plan was Christmas gifts but I didn't want to touch it when December came since I did so well, now idk what I want to do. Want to put it in a Roth IRA but idk which one to open or anything, that's my next goal to figure out though.

just set up transfers till the last week of june, no way im not finishing this year. lets go!

week 17

I just got back from vacation the other day. stayed in Niagara for a night and ended up hitting on the roulette table. threw that all into my savings account :smokin

Back
Top Bottom