2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

Leo was never snubbed or robbed. He just had bad luck. He'll get his and he'll have earned it, even though it's not his best work.

Is there any reason why he hasn't won an Oscar yet?

Did he smash someone and they're still bitter?

I think it's been an age thing and bad timing.

I think they prefer older actors/actresses. I think they feel like a younger actor has plenty of time.

the departed was a great movie though 
It's not that it wasn't a great movie. It's just you look at a great director like Marty and you expect to see multiple Oscars to his name and then when you don't and see what he did win for you're gonna be like what? He got an Oscar for that movie and not Raging Bull? It's like the director wins for a movie that isn't event the best movie he's directed.

As I look at past winners and nominees, only considering the movies I've seen it's pretty frustrating for actors and directors when you look at the competition when they lose and when they win. Some times it's clear and some times it's like damn :smh:

Last edited:

Competition in the years he has been nominated has been really good

Except the year The Aviator was in. I think he should've won for his role as Howard Hughes.

Last edited:
The SAG award pretty much wraps it for Leo. I don't think his performance was better than some of the others, but he has put in Oscar worthy performances in the past and he is without a doubt one of the best actors in the world.

Competition in the years he has been nominated has been really good
Except the year The Aviator was in. I think he should've won for his role as Howard Hughes.

Agreed + Django, but Waltz was just as deserving and I'm not mad he won.

All signs point to Leo finally getting his this year. I hope they give him time to speak on stage. Anxious to see how his speech would go down.

It's just weird how fans make such a big deal about leo needing to get an oscar. They act like it's a crime he doesn't have one. If he wins I wonder if the audience will be hootin and hollerin like crazy.

It is for an actor like Leo. In the realm of ppl who have contributed to great cinema, there have been others who have been denied and wild injustice like Alfred Hitchcock never winning one but then he gets the last laugh by influencing the art form for as long as the medium continues to exist now.

Did anyone see the body of lies movie he did with russell crowe? Havent seen that one or blood diamond.

I can't think of a role Leo didn't do well in besides J Edgar.
what about the revenant? 
Just come out and say you hated Leo's performance already :lol:

You went from it was nothing special to not deserving to win an Oscar cuz of who else is nominated to now Leo didn't do well in the role? :smh:

Did anyone see the body of lies movie he did with russell crowe? Havent seen that one or blood diamond.
Those 2 movies for some reason were the hardest to get to watch for so long for me. I even lost the Blood Diamond dvd I had borrowed :smh: Every time I'd catch it in the middle on tv.

I did eventually get to see Blood Diamond and it was good. Honsou shines a lot. Leo's character is similar to other types of protagonist white guys in Africa that aren't' racist but he did his best. I can't call it on the accent, I thought it was fine but it seems any movie that requires accents always has somebody saying everybody doing accents were horrible especially if they're African accents from North to South. The weakest thing about the movie was the forced love connection between Leo's character and Jennifer Connely's character.

I still haven't seen Body of Lies in it's entirety. I wonder if that was Leo's attempt at being a sort of action star. The typical ones don't fit him but I'd like to see him running around beating ppl up, shooting them, and doing wild escapes. I get the feeling something more like a Bond film would fit him.

Last edited:

what about the revenant? 
Just come out and say you hated Leo's performance already
laugh.gif

You went from it was nothing special to not deserving to win an Oscar cuz of who else is nominated to now Leo didn't do well in the role?
mean.gif
how is "nothing special", "not deserving an oscar" and "didnt do well in the role" changing opinions

they all mean the same thing

might as well give the oscar to bear grylls for man vs wild, because it was a more believable performance and puts himself through tougher experiences 

what about the revenant? 
Just come out and say you hated Leo's performance already :lol:

You went from it was nothing special to not deserving to win an Oscar cuz of who else is nominated to now Leo didn't do well in the role? :smh:
how is "nothing special", "not deserving an oscar" and "didnt do well in the role" changing opinions

might as well give the oscar to bear grylls for man vs wild, because it was a more believable performance and puts himself through tougher experiences 
It's not changing opinion per se, it just progressively got worse in the different ways you're finding to knock him :lol:

To me saying Leo didn't do well in the role is equal to saying he didn't deserve to be nominated. If that's how you feel might as well be all the way clear and say it was garbage so there can be no confusion.

It's funny I mentioned in my review how Bear Grylls would not be able to live that life that Glass did or what Leo portrayed. Grylls is not sticking up trapper Frenchmen, fighting Natives, killing bears and surviving bear attacks, riding horses off cliffs, and then hunting down the man that killed his son. Sure he might eat some horse kidneys and sleep in a horse but he aint about that frontier life. He's just obsessed with drinking his piss.

No way has Bear Grylls put himself through tougher experiences. If some natives started shooting at him in the snow he'd piss himself and forget to drink it, then die. He's a fraud.

Last edited:
What the hell sea manup sea manup you got access to my text messages bro?! I just texted a friend earlier and told him I legit thought Bear Gryllis is deserving of an Oscar as much as Leo is. Dude acts his damn butt off and is just as, if not more believable. :rofl: :rofl: too funny

what about the revenant? 
Just come out and say you hated Leo's performance already
laugh.gif

You went from it was nothing special to not deserving to win an Oscar cuz of who else is nominated to now Leo didn't do well in the role?
mean.gif

It's not changing opinion per se, it just progressively got worse in the different ways you're finding to knock him
laugh.gif

To me saying Leo didn't do well in the role is equal to saying he didn't deserve to be nominated. If that's how you fell might as well be all the way clear and say it was garbage so there can be no confusion.

It's funny I mentioned in my review how Bear Grylls would not be able to live that life that Glass did or what Leo portrayed. Grylls is not sticking up trapper Frenchmen, fighting Natives, killing bears and surviving bear attacks, riding horses off cliffs, and then hunting down the man that killed his son. Sure he might eat some horse kidneys and sleep in a horse but he aint about that frontier life. He's just obsessed with drinking his piss.

No way has Bear Grylls put himself through tougher experiences. If some natives started shooting at him in the snow he'd piss himself and forget to drink it, then die. He's a fraud.
he wasnt garbage, he was just average at best. name any half decent actor and he could have done the exact same thing in this role. he was passable, C effort.

no one would have been able to live the life that glass did in the movie, that's why its a fictional story. 

the whole gimmick of his performance was actually eating raw meat and actually being out in the cold. That's not acting thats something I can watch on the discovery channel on a bear grylls show. 

I am 100% sure Bear Grylls has been through tougher experiences than Leo has trying to make this movie. Why are we not giving tom cruse an oscar for hanging on the outside of a plane? thats way more dangerous than eating raw meat and being cold. 

To me there was no gimmick to the performance at all.

They put him through some of the actual conditions instead of just faking most of it. Of course this is fictional but saying Bear Grylls could've done it is bull ****. He's not an actor.

You're acting like Leo wasn't acting in the movie.

The reason Tom Cruise isn't getting nominated for hanging on outside of the plane is cuz that Mission Impossible movie wasn't that good and acting wise he didn't do anything special. It's not based off how dangerous something was :lol:

You're trying to whittle down Leo's performance and nomination to one thing you feel is a gimmick; sleeping in the horse, eating horse kidney scene or w/e else. Take the entire performance for what it is. It was stellar acting.

N9RHqjV.gif

:smokin

Last edited:

I liked both of those movies. Blood Diamond used to be kn tv all the time and i'd always watch some of it.

thats the main talking point for people saying he deserves the oscar though

"he actually did it for real!"

"it was so hard to shoot this movie!"

he was the 3rd best performance in a movie with only 3 characters that I remember

his acting was nothing special, from his average accent to him only being able to whisper to convey emotion

what you said to describe mission impossible is literally how I feel about this movie, except mission impossible was actually enjoyable to sit though and Tom Cruse showed more emotional range and charisma 

Back
Top Bottom