2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

Tom Cruise is a G. ******* love him. His resume might be up there with some of the greats. Dude has consistently starred in entertaining *** movies for about 4 decades :lol:

Last edited:
thats the main talking point for people saying he deserves the oscar though

"he actually did it for real!"

"it was so hard to shoot this movie!"

he was the 3rd best performance in a movie with only 3 characters that I remember

his acting was nothing special, from his average accent to him only being able to whisper to convey emotion

what you said to describe mission impossible is literally how I feel about this movie, except mission impossible was actually enjoyable to sit though and Tom Cruse showed more emotional range and charisma 
Sounds like you have more of a problem with the ppl that have made up the talking point.

Can't do anything about that other than ignore it.

:lol: @ 3rd best performance. That's a lie on it's face. I can't even honestly say there was a 3rd performance in the movie. There's Leo and Tom. Who else even had screen time like that? The scared boy that left him? His son? :lol: Gleeson? Is a bear joke coming? :lol:

:lol: @ average accent. You just reaching for any criticism now. Dude slightly changed his english speaking voice everything else was him speaking an actual native language.

The movie and it's context provided Leo all the necessary emotional range he needed to show which he portrayed in spades. This was not a story about characters with charisma. I can't believe you're even seriously comparing Mission Impossible to this movie :lol: :smh:

For sea manup sea manup :nerd: :lol: :pimp: :

Best Pic
No film quite captured why you go to the movies in the way The Revenant did. This is the full package — the story, the acting, the directing, the scope, the cinematic expression. For me, it had everything.
Best Director
Alejandro G. Iñárritu. He turned the difficulty of the location and the story into a cinematic spectacle and celebrated the brutality and beauty of the landscape while doing the same thing with the actors and their bodies. He made a film that warranted the big screen.
Alejandro G. Iñárritu. He introduced us to a visual world that we’ve never seen before. He did it with his director of photography, but the idea germinated with Alejandro. Plus, it’s quite a smorgasbord of realistic acting, and that comes from a very strong director.
Best Actor
The Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio. I know what it takes to do what he did, and you leave a piece of yourself behind to give that performance. It cost him, and the audience is the beneficiary of that cost. It was an elemental performance.

The Actress: Leonardo DiCaprio. This isn’t a vote for a career achievement. He did a great job. I could relate to working in extremely cold conditions. Sometimes it’s so cold it’s hard to even act. I felt for his character and for what he was going through.

The Director: Leonardo DiCaprio. Any vegetarian who will eat a raw bison liver for art has my vote.

The Publicist: Leonardo DiCaprio. His performance deserves to be recognized. Leo is always challenging himself, and he gets better and better with each job. I think his moment has finally come. It was grueling to watch, but it was an amazing performance.

The Producer: Leonardo DiCaprio. Without his performance, The Revenant is a beautiful but unemotional movie. Who else could topline a brutal, period-based, frequently silent, R-rated story of survival and attract the audience this movie has? It’s unbelievable.

View media item 1916667

really shaping up to be the most overrated movie performance of all time 
mean.gif

who would have thought the key to winning an oscar was being cold and not actually acting 

That hate is strong b :lol:

Far from overrated. You just didn't like it and if anything that was some real acting by Leo. Some Last of the Mohicans/Dances With Wolves type ****.

The Academy Screenwriter tho :lol:

Dude went against popular opinion on every one of his votes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rank The Revenant as one of Dicaprio's best.. but he did a very good job in a weak field and he's got a strong narrative going for him.. I'm not going to be upset when he wins... nor should anyone else.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rank The Revenant as one of Dicaprio's best.. but he did a very good job in a weak field and he's got a strong narrative going for him.. I'm not going to be upset when he wins... nor should anyone else.

This. But we know people will go out of their way to say "Leo won it because the rest of the noms were weak" :rolleyes .

This. But we know people will go out of their way to say "Leo won it because the rest of the noms were weak"
eyes.gif
the noms are not even that weak

they are all better than leo 

This. But we know people will go out of their way to say "Leo won it because the rest of the noms were weak" :rolleyes .
the noms are not even that weak

they are all better than leo 
Yet Leo gonna beat them all.

It's good thing I watched all the movies though so on top of these facts I can say that's also wrong. :lol: @ what Damon did being better than Leo's performance.

matt damon showed more acting range in the trailer of the movie than leo did the entire movie

he was the heart of that movie, he made the movie worth watching

the revenant had no heart, every time leo was on screen and it wasnt some amazing cinematography I wanted to skip forward out of boredom 

leo is the front runner for the same reason boyhood was a front runner last year

people fall for the gimmick rather than what actually makes a good movie/performance 

^breathe fam.  i've seen you on this anti-leo rant since the movie came out. 

matt damon showed more acting range in the trailer of the movie than leo did the entire movie
:lol:

he was the heart of that movie, he made the movie worth watching
Honestly, it's not worth a 2nd watch.

I'll be catching The Revenant for the 3rd time right before the Oscars :pimp:

the revenant had no heart
Actually it was really heartfelt if you connected with the story but it's clear you didn't.
every time leo was on screen and it wasnt some amazing cinematography I wanted to skip forward out of boredom 
Lies but hey man if a great work like this is boring to you to each their own.

leo is the front runner for the same reason boyhood was a front runner last year

people fall for the gimmick rather than what actually makes a good movie/performance
I still haven't watched this movie beginning to end. Was it any good?

Given that I knew nothing about the hype behind this movie and just the true story it's based on I know I didn't fall for a gimmick.

I think you're harping on the gimmick and catch of this movie than what made it great without all that extra stuff and now can't see past it other than praising the cinematography and how good it looks.

Maybe one day you'll watch it not remembering the soundbite stuff and appreciate this great film like so many others have.

Last edited:
What gimmick for The Revenant?

That it was difficult to film, etc.? If so, I think you're really exaggerating how much that's factoring in. It was a news story a few times, but it's hardly been THE  story this awards season.

It's not without it's faults, but it's got a great director, cinematographer, cast... that's why it's getting so much praise and hype... oh and it's actually a good movie too. Again, just because you didn't connect with the story or performances, doesn't make them inherently bad or undeserving.

There's been plenty of movies where I didn't emotionally connect with, but I wouldn't disregard or consider the movie weaker because of that. You can still recognize a movie's quality without actually liking it. The Revenant is actually one of those. I need to re-watch it because when I first saw it, while I saw all of the positive qualities, I didn't love it like others did... but Leo is still the front runner for good reason and any other awards the movie wins would also be deserving.

Last edited:
No it's no exaggerated, it's the main "highlight" of that entire boring movie.

Nobody even talking about The Revenant anymore. I hear people talk more about movies like Creed..**** even The Martian gets talked about more. Can't believe he's gonna finally win one for this ****.

Last edited:
Even so, people are weird. They cry and complain Leo never won before (against competition that he should have lost to) and the time he's actually deserving there's a problem. Maybe it's not his most impressive performance, but it's hardly Pacino in Scent of a Woman.

Not directed at you guys, just the general thought process.

really shaping up to be the most overrated movie performance of all time 
mean.gif

who would have thought the key to winning an oscar was being cold and not actually acting 
Just because he barely said a word doesn't mean he's not acting.

I think it's harder to pull of Leo's role well than Tom Hardy's role for example.

Back
Top Bottom