2016 BET Awards Thread June 26

Far from upset bro I wasn't gonna watch anyway. They could do a better job with the naming conventions though.

Last edited:
Far from upset bro I wasn't gonna watch anyway. They could do a better job with the naming conventions though.

One is called the BET Awards and the other is called the BET Hip Hop Awards

:stoneface:
Are you implying that there's a stark difference between the two? One word hardly qualifies as such, especially for someone who couldn't care less about the shoes themselves and wants to see one segment of them only.

Last edited:
Are you implying that there's a stark difference between the two? One word hardly qualifies as such, especially for someone who couldn't care less about the shoes themselves and wants to see one segment of them only.

MTV Awards - MTV Movie Awards

That's how it's normally done.

Why would the Hip Hip Awards do a Prince tribute?

MTV Awards - MTV Movie Awards

That's how it's normally done.

Why would the Hip Hip Awards do a Prince tribute?

Because it's Prince, dude used to get it in w/ all the bad shorties back in the day, so he gets a pass :lol: Prince transcends genres.

But I didn't watch the awards but seen the Beynonce and Cornrow Kenny performance and the Jesse Williams speech, internet be on it quick :lol:

I hate live performances because the crowd tends to drown out the performer and music. I couldn't hear KDot towards the end and half of Beyonce in general.

Jesse's speech was cool but at some point, action has to be taken more than speech. I feel there will be another speech made just like it next year. :smh:

You gotta respect Jesse's speech though.

The BET Awards was simulcast on all major Viacom networks...that means Nick, MTV, Comedy Central, etc. his speech made it into some white homes that needed to hear that.

You gotta respect Jesse's speech though.

The BET Awards was simulcast on all major Viacom networks...that means Nick, MTV, Comedy Central, etc. his speech made it into some white homes that needed to hear that.

I heard. There were definitely some rustled jimmies on Twitter w/ inferior feeling white men crying racism. Interested to see the Neilsen ratings since it was simulcasted

I think it's dumb as hell when they put an award show on ten channels. It's unnecessary. MTV and BET awards shouldn't be on a kid's show, they don't need to watch this trash. Black or white kids.

Beyonce's mom was looking crazy and she sounded crazy. Botox shots might have entered her brain.

Future was awful and looked like a fool. Can't believe this is where rap music is going.

Usher been making trash for like 5-6 years now. I remember Rico Love saying Usher didn't want to make this kind of music anymore but I guess the money is too good or the label is forcing it. Usher is a legend but his last real R&B album that was great music is Here I Stand. He looked like a damn fool last night.

Desiigner looks like Iman Shumpert's "special" younger brother. Making a ****** mockery of music and looking like a ****** moron. Worst performance of the night.

Jesse Williams probably looked too menacing and threatening for those other crowds during that speech. Maybe they needed Owen Wilson or Robert Patterson to deliver that speech verbatim so they could feel more safe and actually understand the content of it.

I think it's dumb as hell when they put an award show on ten channels. It's unnecessary. MTV and BET awards shouldn't be on a kid's show, they don't need to watch this trash. Black or white kids.

Beyonce's mom was looking crazy and she sounded crazy. Botox shots might have entered her brain.

Future was awful and looked like a fool. Can't believe this is where rap music is going.

Usher been making trash for like 5-6 years now. I remember Rico Love saying Usher didn't want to make this kind of music anymore but I guess the money is too good or the label is forcing it. Usher is a legend but his last real R&B album that was great music is Here I Stand. He looked like a damn fool last night.

Desiigner looks like Iman Shumpert's "special" younger brother. Making a ****** mockery of music and looking like a ****** moron. Worst performance of the night.
damn right....kids channels shouldnt broadcast this...beyonce mom need to accept her age.....future stock went down and designer literally danced/spazzed out to a hook for 4 minutes..and usher needs jd back

My opinion on the BET Awards last night. Overall, I thought they did a really good job this year.

Best parts of the show to me were

1. Bilal's Prince tribute (dude not only sounded like Prince, but he dam sure got up there and acted like Prince)

2. Jessie Williams speech (I can watch that speech over and over. Thank Viacom for having the BET on different channels this year because people needed to hear that.)

3. Jennifer Hudson's Prince Tribute (Shawty got up there and SANGED her heart out.)

4. Janelle Monae's Prince Tribute (the arseless pants made my night. she always puts on a good performance when she hits the stage)

5. Kendrick x Beyonce (Glad to see that Beyonce actually showed up to the show.)

6. BET giving the Music Matters segment of the show more camera time. I feel like each of those artists did better than most of the main acts.

What I didn't like about the show.

1. Desiigner's performance. I feel like dude is garbage and he shouldn't be getting this attention. All that jumping around was stupid.

2. Alicia Keys performance. It just felt boring. She's beautiful and talented, but don't nobody want to watch that boring ish.

3. Future's performance. I fool with Future heavy, but he should have been on stage a lot longer & he should have brought more energy. Plus BET made a mistake by scheduling him after that Jessie Williams speech. 

4. Fat Joe/French/Remy performance. That song is garbage and they didn't have any chemistry at all.

5. There was no gospel portion of the show. I would love to see Lecrae get up there and perform.

(On another note, I'm still waiting for my boy J Cole to get some type of recognition.)

Honestly, if bet truly believed in Williams speech and wanted to support it, acts like future or minaj wouldn't be performing at all. But it's a business and ignorance, sex and violence sels.

Back
Top Bottom