2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

I have pretty good sources that there was some deal between the Rockets and Suns, involving Capela, that fell through :lol:

Last edited:
Thank goodness for basketball reasons.

That move bailed Morey so tough.

It really did, that's why I'll never ever slander Stern. Minus Lowry, I shudder at the thought of a Pau/Nene/Chuck Hayes lineup.

I have pretty good sources that there was some deal between the Rockets and Suns, involving Capela, that fell through :lol:

Thankfully :lol: other than Devin Booker and a healthy Eric Bledsoe, I'm not interested in anyone else they have

Last edited:
Beas and KJ's shooting % :lol: :x

Dekker and Wiltjer :nerd: looking like some scrappy foxhole lunch pail guys out there

From DreamShake:

The Houston Rockets Summer League team led for the entire first half and portions of the second before faltering down the stretch to the Atlanta Hawks in an 83 - 78 loss. The Rockets went up by 3 points, 74 - 71, with just four minutes to go, but would score only 4 points the rest of the way in defeat.

There were some highlights.

Sam Dekker led the way with 18 points, and though he could have been better on defense, he was 6-9 from the field and clearly the Rockets' best offensive player. His +8 led the team in overall plus-minus.

Houston also got 15 from K.J. McDaniels, and though he was his usual athletic self, he also was his usual poor shooting self, knocking down just 3 of his 14 shot attempts. And Kyle Wiltjer showed the shooting the Rockets were looking for, knocking down three triples on his way to 13 points.

In addition, Gary Payton had a team-leading 5 assists. He certainly has some work to do, but mostly looked like a competent point man.

The negatives were Micheal Beasley's 3-15 shooting from the field. Beas was off all night. Montrezl Harrell picked up 6 fouls in just 23 minutes of action, not a good look for a guy hoping to make an impact on the varsity squad this year, and Chinanu Onuaku looked every bit the rookie, putting up just 3 points and 3 rebounds in 18 minutes and finishing as a -7. His underhanded free throws were also a sight to behold.

Isaiah Taylor also failed to make an impact, as he finished with 0 points, 2 assists and a team-worst -10 in 20 minutes of action.

Overall, the Rockets shot just 35.1 percent as a team and were out-rebounded by the Hawks 46-34, both of which will need to change for the team to turn it around.

The Rockets play again on Sunday, matching up with the Sacramento Kings at 4:30pm CST.

Woj Bomb:

Sources on @TheVertical: All-Star James Harden has agreed to a 4-year, $118M contract renegotiation that takes him through 2020 in Houston.

Sources: Over the next four years, Harden will now earn: $26.5M, $28.3M, $30.4M and a player option for $32.7M in 2019-'20.

Sam Dekker Show :smokin He's really looking like he wants to be a steady rotation dude. Would really like both him and Harrell to crack the rotation and be key guys.

Bad news about Payton II, has a sports hernia and is ruled out for the rest of Summer League.

View media item 2097205

CnQRE2rUMAENjmg.jpg

Last edited:
Really cool to see Dekker out there 
pimp.gif

only NBA player ever to come from my hometown

if he gets minutes Rockets definitely my number 2 team

Here's an off-season review

http://fansided.com/2016/07/22/houston-rockets-offseason-review/

I'm very curious to see how the roster shapes up as far as the final 15, then 12 for the majority of the rotation. Real interested how the final depth chart is, barring any other possible trades or signings. No Dwight, no Jones, now officially no Terry, and no Josh Smith. Also, D-Mo is still up in the air.

Dmo will be back morey just playing it smart hes not going to sign him untill someone makes an offer and he'll match it... He's restricted I think his back is what concerns me.

Dmo will be back morey just playing it smart hes not going to sign him untill someone makes an offer and he'll match it... He's restricted I think his back is what concerns me.

Yeah hes gonna match but i think every team backed away when they saw DMo had back issues at that height and failed he physical as well. Morey playing it smart right now.

Yeah hes gonna match but i think every team backed away when they saw DMo had back issues at that height and failed he physical as well. Morey playing it smart right now.

Totally forgot he failed that physical... you're right most backed away because of that, also they knew morey would match especially when he let tjones walk. Morey always plays it smart even if it backfires sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom