2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

I forgot TJones isnt on the team anymore :lol: :smh:. Upset this fool couldnt produce like he was projected to.

I never expected him to, he never showed a glimmer of confidence. It's just a shame we couldnt get anything for him when he was worth something. At least a draft pick...

Last edited:
I forgot TJones isnt on the team anymore
laugh.gif
mean.gif
. Upset this fool couldnt produce like he was projected to.
Hard to produce when you play like you 5'-3"

Dude had to lead the league in having his shots blocked 
sick.gif

I forgot TJones isnt on the team anymore :lol: :smh: . Upset this fool couldnt produce like he was projected to.

Hard to produce when you play like you 5'-3"

Dude had to lead the league in having his shots blocked :x

This. I thought he had a high ceiling but was just an underachiever. He's still just 22-23, but nothing he's shown would make he think he'd get any better. He basically plays like a more athletic version of another underachieving former Rocket --- Jordan Hill.

This. I thought he had a high ceiling but was just an underachiever. He's still just 22-23, but nothing he's shown would make he think he'd get any better. He basically plays like a more athletic version of another underachieving former Rocket --- Jordan Hill.

I've got a buddy in the rockets organization (nothing special) just a season ticket rep. But he hears some things. He's been telling me for at least 2 years how bad jones attitude was, he thought he was alot better than he actually is and deserved more PT etc. and this last season he just quit trying. This was the main reason morey just gave him his walking papers.

I've got a buddy in the rockets organization (nothing special) just a season ticket rep. But he hears some things. He's been telling me for at least 2 years how bad jones attitude was, he thought he was alot better than he actually is and deserved more PT etc. and this last season he just quit trying. This was the main reason morey just gave him his walking papers.

Sounds about right. Good riddance :lol:

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2016/8...-have-strong-interest-in-trading-for-rudy-gay

I'd like rudy gay I was very dissapointed when we drafted him, and traded him for battier I think. We would have to clear up a log jam at his position. With ariza, brewer, mcdaniels, and whether you consider decker, beasly & anderson a 3 or 4 but we have way to many forwards. Are they planning on bringing josh smith back too? My buddy hasnt heard anything about him coming back or leaving. As much as he's been called a cancer, my boy said he is loved in the locker room not so much by coaches but players. Oh he also said dwight was a LOT of trouble in the locker room he kinda had the same attitude as tjones. The players really disrespected him and was a major reason our team was so toxic last season, especially when harden turned on him.

Josh Smith and Jason Terry gone all but confirmed gone. I definitely got the sense that Josh Smith was well liked, even though he didn't play nearly as well this season as he did last season. The whole thing with Dwight was weird, especially with him being on his redemption tour heading into signing with Atlanta. He said all the right things but just doesn't do it on the court. There was just no way you being him back this season after the results last season. I won't bash him or anything cause of the good things he did bring to the Rockets, but it's a relief that he's gone.

Josh Smith and Jason Terry gone all but confirmed gone. I definitely got the sense that Josh Smith was well liked, even though he didn't play nearly as well this season as he did last season. The whole thing with Dwight was weird, especially with him being on his redemption tour heading into signing with Atlanta. He said all the right things but just doesn't do it on the court. There was just no way you being him back this season after the results last season. I won't bash him or anything cause of the good things he did bring to the Rockets, but it's a relief that he's gone.

I was so against bringing in dwight but I'm now happy we did. You're right it was supposed to be his redemption tour, but he couldn't accept the fact of ageing, & the skill that made him great was dismissing (athleticism) and he's still yet to really develop a post up game...even after working with hakeem, elvin, mchale etc. It really bothered him he wasnt the focal point of the offense (my assumption why he opted out) I'll give him credit he tried to make it work but last season he just fell apart almost just gave up. He was GREAT to Houston though, some might say better than Harden in that category. Again I just wish we could have gotten something for him and tjones...they had value.

Man I been done with the whole Sergio to the US thing :lol: if he really wanted to play in the US, he would have already been over here

How long ago they wanted him here :lol:. I just found out about him last year.

The Rockets got his rights from the Nuggets after they drafted him. He was drafted in 2009 :lol: And the Rockets have "been interested in Llull coming to the US" since 2011 :stoneface: :lol:

Last edited:
The Rockets got his rights from the Nuggets after they drafted him. He was drafted in 2009 :lol: And the Rockets have "been interested in Llull coming to the US" since 2011 :stoneface: :lol:

:lol: oh hell nah its over for that then he aint never coming. I had no idea it was since 2011 and drafted 2009

:lol: oh hell nah its over for that then he aint never coming. I had no idea it was since 2011 and drafted 2009

Gave up on Llull about 2 seasons ago, his stats aren't that impressive anyways. His career averages are like 24 minutes and 10/3/2 per game in Euroleague(don't know how that translates to the NBA). He's not a great 3 point shooter, and I dont think he's a great fit for the current team. Maybe we can trade his rights for something...

Rockets Complete Trade with Milwaukee
Rockets acquire Tyler Ennis from Milwaukee in exchange for Michael Beasley

HOUSTON – Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has acquired guard Tyler Ennis from Milwaukee in exchange for forward Michael Beasley.

Ennis (6-3, 194) was an early entry candidate for the 2014 NBA Draft following his freshman season at Syracuse and was selected 18th overall by Phoenix. He was acquired by the Bucks midway through his rookie season. Ennis was born in Brampton, Ontario outside of Toronto and is a member of the Canadian National Team.

Last season, Ennis appeared in 46 games with seven starts for the Bucks. Over the final 18 games, he averaged 7.6 points, 3.7 assists and 2.8 rebounds in just 23.6 minutes per game while shooting 48.3% from the floor. For the season, Ennis ranked fourth in assists per 48 minutes played among players 21 or younger.

Following his freshman season with the Orange, Ennis was named USA Today All-America Second Team. He ranked sixth in the nation, and first among freshman, with a 3.60 assist-to-turnover ratio, and led the ACC in both assists and steals.

Beasley (6-9 ½, 235) signed as a free agent with the Rockets on March 4, 2016 and appeared in 20 games over the remainder of the season.

I was actually looking forward to Beasley getting buckets for us, but I guess they have other plans. Not sure what to think honestly since this will be an entirely new offense.

Hate losing Beasley, but Ennis does have some potential. Plus he fills a hole at PG, hope he pans out. He had a pretty decent year at Syracuse... shoulda stayed longer.

Back
Top Bottom