2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

Well this is excellent, the Heat coming in tonight and Dwight is suspended for the game

I wrote about two trade scenarios that'll probably happen if Daryl Morey was an habitual herb smoker.

http://spacecityscoop.com/2016/02/02/trade-deadline-2-trades-houston-rockets-will-likely-never-make/

Also doesn't this situation tonight against the Heat seem familiar to you guys? Dwight out... a hot eastern conference team visiting Houston... Houston dropping a couple of games in a row and defensive efforts being questioned... Think back ten days ago to the Milwaukee Bucks...

http://spacecityscoop.com/2016/02/02/game-day-preview-houston-rockets-vs-miami-heat/

Those trades :x :x :lol: would definitely have to be on something to make those

Last edited:
And in more encouraging news, Capela is also out tonight. So no Dwight, no Capela, and more than likely TJones starting at center, with Bosh next to him. It would be shocking if we gave up less than 50 boards tonight.

Good win tonight. 6 guys in double figures, a good amount of defense being played, shots falling, no hacking, and an overall high energy effort. Would love to see that every night, especially with the amount of games left. If these are the guys we're rolling with, we need to get the ball rolling, gain momentum and get a whole bunch of wins.

View media item 1895418View media item 1895421View media item 1895422View media item 1895423View media item 1895424View media item 1895425View media item 1895426View media item 1895427View media item 1895428

Houston Rockets forward Terrence Jones will miss Thursday night's game at Phoenix after getting into a car accident on Wednesday.

Jones was on his way to the airport when he got into the accident. He was treated at an area hospital and will be kept overnight for observation.

This is will be the seventh game Jones has missed this season. He missed five games due to a right eye laceration in November and another in late December to illness.

On the season, Jones is averaging 9.3 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.

This was definitely the Brewer and Ariza show tonight. Hate how this game started, and almost hated how it ended. They pretty much did just enough against a team that was very inspired due to the coaching change. Such a sluggish apathetic start and almost the same type of finish, but glad they had one more run in them. Dwight's offense was nothing, but grabbed a lot of much needed boards. but bounced on the boards that bounced off his hands, he should've had even more. Bad offensive stats aside, Harden came through with timely 3s after a slumping start. Need to get momentum heading into the break. We did catch a break with the Blazers losing tonight, but still tied in the loss column. This is a pretty big game, and need to get it, especially at home.

View media item 1898313View media item 1898314View media item 1898315View media item 1898316View media item 1898318

And look at this, a terribly sluggish start and down 19. Completely embarrassing that only Harden, Howard, and Ariza have scored.

View media item 1900562
What a dump. 29 of the 35 points from Harden and Howard. This team isn't going anywhere at all til they play good defense. They don't even play mediocre defense, it's just all out bad.

View media item 1900664
The fake comeback these pathetic losers tried to make wasn't appreciated. This team can possibly get leapfrogged by Utah AND the Blazers, and potentially get pushed out the playoffs completely. 53 games in, and there's still minimal effort, miserable defense, and bare bones 1 dimensional offense being played. They fired McHale, but based on the way these games have gone, besides a general lack of effort, they should've fired his understudies too. They clearly have his same philosophy.

Warriors tonight, and the Blazers afterwards. We are staring at a possible under .500 record heading into the All-Star break. This is a travesty of a team.

View media item 1900664
The fake comeback these pathetic losers tried to make wasn't appreciated. This team can possibly get leapfrogged by Utah AND the Blazers, and potentially get pushed out the playoffs completely. 53 games in, and there's still minimal effort, miserable defense, and bare bones 1 dimensional offense being played. They fired McHale, but based on the way these games have gone, besides a general lack of effort, they should've fired his understudies too. They clearly have his same philosophy.

I think I said this earlier in the thread...but I can't really blame JB...Mchale was his mentor Morey couldn't have expected much different. I think he was hoping the firing and a new voice would get the guys to play up to their potential.

I blame anybody who's been in that locker room (for multiple years) witnessing our obvious pitfalls who think they can come back out here and try to win doing the same thing :lol:

I blame anybody who's been in that locker room (for multiple years) witnessing our obvious pitfalls who think they can come back out here and try to win doing the same thing
laugh.gif
you talking about the texans or rockets?

roll.gif

:lol:, Def the Rockets. Texans problem is all GM.

Rockets got one of the better GMs and terrible coaching

:lol: Rick Smith might be the most hated man in Houston. Maybe because I just moved here a few years ago, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as Texans fans make him out to be. Watt, Hopkins, Foster, Brown...that's a pretty good track record of picking players for a GM. yeah he's had some duds but what GM hasn't.

:lol:, Def the Rockets. Texans problem is all GM.

Rockets got one of the better GMs and terrible coaching

:lol: Rick Smith might be the most hated man in Houston. Maybe because I just moved here a few years ago, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as Texans fans make him out to be. Watt, Hopkins, Foster, Brown...that's a pretty good track record of picking players for a GM. yeah he's had some duds but what GM hasn't.

He seems to hit on first rounders (which are usually obvious), midseason pickups and sometimes FA signings, and completely underwhelming in middle rounds. He's basically a 50/50 GM. I will say though it should me an indictment on both him and McNair that Wade, Kubiak, Gnapp, Dennison, and two other coaches, along with Daniels, Shiloh Keo, and Antonio Smith are all in Denver with a trophy now. Based on other players in the Broncos with questionable personalities, seems like the whole conduct thing is a Smith/McNair call and not a coaching call.

I saw a trade scenario where we traded Dekker, KJ, Harrell, Jones, and I think Lawson for Horford, Teague, Bazemore and 1 other player. I almost fell down the stairs at the thought of that being legitimate :rofl:

KJ and D-Mo have been recalled for tonight's game. That should have no impact on the game what so ever.

I liked the intensity and effort, but it's all for naught in a loss. And we're right back on the court tomorrow to face a team on the road directly behind us. We need that win like hell, and also need teams in from of us to start falling. Memphis could do that with Marc's injury. We just need to win games though. That defense (mostly) played tonight is what should've been played.

Heavy minutes for Ariza & Harden. I'd like to think Smith, Terry, KJ, and Harrell could provide relief for the team. I won't hold my breath though.

View media item 1904854

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom