2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

yea.. from what I've seen he's a tremendously skilled guy.. not a great athlete.. but you can tell his dad taught him some things (who was pretty limited athletically when he did come over)
Yeah, great athlete isn't apart of his thing. But he has nice up and under type of moves, moves most kids don't really work on these days. He;s been taught well.

I think its the perfect situation too. They are stacked. They won't ask a whole lot from him.

In Orlando, he would have had to produce fairly quickly. I'd much rather play with Adams/Kanter than Gordon/Vucevic.
from the stuff I've seen.. I hope he gets a solid 10 mins or so during the season leading to the trade deadline.. then I look at moving kanter (whose role I could see him replacing.. not with the 3 range, but stuff around the basket and rebounding.. better passer)..

or depending how the market shapes up and who gets paid what, I'd shop kanter now (package with expiring deals) 

How much is KD's caphold?  Hoopshype shows they have $60M in salaries without KD's salary so there is no way they have $26M in cap room.

how many gms you think rose plays? he had a "healthy" season and that was only 66g >D

I say, provided no setbacks and other injuries, 85%. Some just to rest him. Maybe limit the b2b's. But just typical healthy Rose..I say mid-high 80 percentile.

I come in here to tell you guys to help me not be excited over the knicks upcoming season and you ***** are actually being positive for once 
laugh.gif

I can feel it already. The slightest hint of a smile on my face as I think about the future and even though I know it's just gonna result in heartbreak I can't help it 
mean.gif

Please let us not get Whiteside or else I'll start daring to dream of an eastern conference championship. Damn you Phil for doing your job 
mean.gif

I come in here to tell you guys to help me not be excited over the knicks upcoming season and you ***** are actually being positive for once 
laugh.gif

I can feel it already. The slightest hint of a smile on my face as I think about the future and even though I know it's just gonna result in heartbreak I can't help it 
mean.gif

Please let us not get Whiteside or else I'll start daring to dream of an eastern conference championship. Damn you Phil for doing your job 
mean.gif

If it makes you feel better, the likelyhood that you will be dissapointed by Rose is greater than the likelyhood that he will overperform and stay healthy.

How much is KD's caphold?  Hoopshype shows they have $60M in salaries without KD's salary so there is no way they have $26M in cap room.

Correct.

Unless the Thunder renounce KD, in which they wouldn't be able to go over the cap to resign him, then KD's cap hold is around 26 million. Therefore their actual cap room is about 9 mil like youngwolf said.

@PMatic  can you clear up this "OKC cap space" topic for us all please.....

How much to they have after 'signing KD', is it 15 and then 23 after waiving Erysan or no.....I'll   We'll wait....Thanks G

98.4% of big men

I'm gonna let you cook and check back in a few years. I missed that part lol

Mainly sarcasm.

Even if he had parts of his game most big men don't have, it still needs to translate on the court.

There are dudes with no real skills but athleticism and they have a great career.

Correct.

Unless the Thunder renounce KD, in which they wouldn't be able to go over the cap to resign him, then KD's cap hold is around 26 million. Therefore their actual cap room is about 9 mil like youngwolf said.
nerd.gif
nthat.gif

laugh.gif

mean.gif

mean.gif

If it makes you feel better, the likelyhood that you will be dissapointed by Rose is greater than the likelyhood that he will overperform and stay healthy.
It makes me feel a little better. Thank you.

@PMatic  can you clear up this "OKC cap space" topic for us all please.....

How much to they have after 'signing KD', is it 15 and then 23 after waiving Erysan or no.....I'll   We'll wait....Thanks G
Here is OKC's cap situation right now without KD in it.

Theoretically renouncing the rights to Ilyasova would give them around 15M

^ don't forget whatever happens with waiters (who I assume we sign and trade or something)

I'm pretty sure I only get to give out like 3 reps per day.

I didn't rep for 48 hours trying to re-up, and I"m out after a few here and there
nerd.gif

I'm a Legend, I need unlimited reps
nthat.gif

@PMatic
 can you clear up this "OKC cap space" topic for us all please.....

How much to they have after 'signing KD', is it 15 and then 23 after waiving Erysan or no.....I'll  We'll wait....Thanks G
If they wanted to strip as much as they could while re-signing Durant, such as renouncing Waiters in free agency and declining Ilyasova + Morrow team options I have it at/around $10M in cap space. That's assuming its the widely reported $94M cap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom