2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't go crazy until crazy **** started happening in that series. I've went on about this ad nauseum so I'll stop there

At the end of the day, this warriors team is better than last year's and this cavs team isn't better than the cavalier team of last season

If you're depending on bron playing 45min against gsw and going crazy to beat gsw 4 times? Good luck with that. Because even with that that wouldn't be enough

You make a great point. Actually it would be common logic to say what you're saying. This Cavs team isnt as good as last year and this Warriors team is better than last year.

But LeBron is far and away much better this season than he was last season. Hell, this post-season rivals his 2012 post season with the Heat when he was in his prime. He was dominate then and imposed his physical will, but this year he's playing with so much comfort and ease. He's playing 40+ mins but it's not an overburden to him because of how easy it out for him out there.

It's quite frightening to say the least.

Last edited:
That would be good.

On paper, the Warriors seem to have the better team. But I can't count out a team with LeBron on it. He's great and his team feeds off that.

Even a jabroni like Dahntay Jones can look good playing with LeBron lol

The Warriors are the better team.

Now that I think of it. If the Warriors lose again this year, has there ever been another time in the history of the league where the best team didn't win in back to back Finals?

Utah? New Jersey? Lakers? :lol:

Last edited:
Idk if this has ever been mentioned but I think I have a theory.

Why is LeBron playing 46 minutes a game throughout the playoffs in blowouts? You could say he's doing that for rest later.

But I think he's also conditioning himself right now.

The edge the Cavs are planning for to have on the Warriors is LeBron literally never leaving the floor and playing 48 minutes a game.

Last edited:
You make a great point. Actually it would be common logic to say what you're saying. This Cavs team isnt as good as last year and this Warriors team is better than last year.

But LeBron is far and away much better this season than he was last season. Hell, this post-season rivals his 2012 post season with the Heat when he was in his prime. He was dominate then and imposed his physical will, but this year he's playing with so much comfort and ease. He's playing 40+ mins but it's not and overburden to him because of how easy it out for him out there.

It's quite frightening to say the least.

It's a team game man. Lebron himself can't win four games against the warriors

Kyrie isn't as good as he was last year, JR isn't as good as he was last year, Richard Jefferson isn't as good as he was last year, they couldn't even play Kevin love against last year's version of gsw so him being effective against them this year is a stretch

Conversely the warriors are better now than they were last year

I just don't see it. You can't beat gsw 4x if draymond green is going to shoot over 40 on 3s

Last edited:
It's a team game man. Lebron himself can't win four games against the warriors

Kyrie isn't as good as he was last year, JR isn't as good as he was last year, Richard Jefferson isn't as good as he was last year, they couldn't even play Kevin love against last year's version of gsw so him being effective against them this year is a stretch

Conversely the warriors are better now than they were last year

I just don't see it. You can't beat gsw 4x if draymond green is going to shoot over 40 on 3s

So if Bron wins can he possibly be the GOAT?

But I mean obviously if tristian Thompson becomes the superstar that we know he can be then that changes things considerably for the cavs

Let Lebron get his points. Let him drive to the paint, let him shoot jumpers, let him shoot 3s. Don't foul. Do not send the double, no help defense, nothing. Lock in on everyone else and let him do it all. There will be no possible way that the Cavs will win.

Last year, he was doing his thing and Kyrie showed up those last 3 games and the Cavs eeked it out. Learn from that. Lebron will keep you in it but he exerts too much energy and will need someone else to close. If the Dubs, who are a great defense team can do that, there's no way this goes past 5.

laugh.gif

I think pushing a narrative that either team "can't" beat the other is ridiculous.  Both teams are very good and are capable of losing.  They've also both literally beat each other the last two years.  I wouldn't be shocked at either result.  I do think Golden State is better as a team overall, but Cleveland has the best player and is incredibly well rested.

Utah? New Jersey? Lakers? :lol:

I said back to back. Meaning one year after the previous. I don't think the NBA has ever seen the best or better team in the NBA Finals lose two years in a row.

IMO I think it'd would be a fair discussion. He'd still need to get to 5-6 rings, but he'd have one HELL of a case.

Let Lebron get his points. Let him drive to the paint, let him shoot jumpers, let him shoot 3s. Don't foul. Do not send the double, no help defense, nothing. Lock in on everyone else and let him do it all. There will be no possible way that the Cavs will win.

Last year, he was doing his thing and Kyrie showed up those last 3 games and the Cavs eeked it out. Learn from that. Lebron will keep you in it but he exerts too much energy and will need someone else to close. If the Dubs, who are a great defense team can do that, there's no way this goes past 5.

I agree with this 100% No one player can do it alone. If 2015 has taught us anything, it's that you need someone else.

I think pushing a narrative that either team "can't" beat the other is ridiculous.  Both teams are very good and are capable of losing.  They've also both literally beat each other the last two years.  I wouldn't be shocked at either result.  I do think Golden State is better as a team overall, but Cleveland has the best player and is incredibly well rested.

Golden State has been resting just as much as Cleveland.

Like I said earlier, if both series ends in sweep, then the last day for basketball in May would be the 23rd. The Finals don't start until June 1st. That's more than 1 weeks rest and both teams would have had equal amount of rest. You can make an argument the Warriors would have had more rest, considering they had a larger margin of victory and were able to rest their starters during the tail end of games.

I think GS can be beaten, it just doesn't look like it :lol:

If they turn the ball over and miss their perimeter shots, yes they can be beaten.

They can also be beaten if they you beat them up and force them to exclusively go inside. But then again, you'd need to be able to switch on everything and control the glass.

I also think if LeBron is planning to play 48 minutes a game people might reevaluate the Cavs odds.

Btw just letting LeBron do whatever he wants with a "one player cant beat you" philosophy is an incredibly simple and naive game plan lol

Last edited:
I also think if LeBron is planning to play 48 minutes a game people might reevaluate the Cavs odds.

Btw just letting LeBron do whatever he wants with a "one player cant beat you" philosophy is an incredibly simple and naive game plan lol

Lebron would need to score 60-70 points if you keep everyone else to no more than 8-10 points.

The Pick and Roll is a simple play as well, but very effective.

The point in the "Let Lebron do whatever he wants" is that he alone cannot beat a team as great as GSW. No matter how folks try to spin last year, that was a perfect storm of events that allowed the Cavs to get back in it. Lebron was phenomenal for sure but that was a team effort.

That Cavs team thrives whenever everyone is on and Lebron can just pick who to pass it to for the open shot. The more options he has, the more deadly he is. If you limit his options, you limit that team's chances of winning.

GS can definitely be beaten but I don't recall too many times where they have lost a game while playing great themselves. Their sloppiness is what cost them game 7 last year.

Last edited:
The point in the "Let Lebron do whatever he wants" is that he alone cannot beat a team as great as GSW. No matter how folks try to spin last year, that was a perfect storm of events that allowed the Cavs to get back in it. Lebron was phenomenal for sure but that was a team effort.

That Cavs team thrives whenever everyone is on and Lebron can just pick who to pass it to for the open shot. The more options he has, the more deadly he is. If you limit his options, you limit that team's chances of winning.

GS can definitely be beaten but I don't recall too many times where they have lost a game while playing great themselves. Their sloppiness is what cost them game 7 last year.

Sloppiness and Steve Kerr electing NOT to call a timeout after Kyrie hit that 3 with 53 seconds left in the game down 3 with 2 timeouts left.

You're meaning to tell me that a 73 win team who averaged almost 115 ppg, shot 42% from 3, FG% of almost 48%, with the highest offensive rating doesn't have 1-2 plays they can call after a timeout to get them a quick 2 or 3?

Say what you will about that game leading up to that 3 by Kyrie, but Steve Kerr should've called a damn TO. Curry wouldn't have gone into hero ball mode and wasted so much time trying to get off a 3 from the top.

Even if the Warriors missed they would've had another crack at it to tie. No one seems to every mention this coaching error.

Last edited:
Bottom line golden state should have never let the series go the whole 7. This finals will either be a slaughter or a hard fought battle. Cavs are going to have to run on all cylinders no room for mistakes.

It's gonna come down to which team can play the most consistent. Period. They are both about as evenly matched as possible with GSW having the defensive advantage. Lebron will be the X factor same as Jordan always was when he was in the finals.

It's gonna come down to which team can play the most consistent. Period. They are both about as evenly matched as possible with GSW having the defensive advantage. Lebron will be the X factor same as Jordan always was when he was in the finals.

Evenly matched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom