2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron is gonna choke the dubs in the post. What he was doing to the celtics last night was just a sample size of how the warriors will get attacked. The only difference is the warriors will hit shots on the perimeter and even win games from a good shooting night but the shooters will be getting chased every night and they're gonna force the warriors to play inside. This is where all the pressure will fall on KD because he's their best option in playing inside but Lebron will be guarding him. And Lebron being used to playing 40+ minutes a game will speak volumes when his stamina holds up down low and KD is terrified of having to go in the post again. Tristan Thompson will be down there as well and even Kevin Love. All the dubs have is Draymond who the warriors can't afford to play solely in the post, so then you turn to Javale McGee? Warriors won't be able to hold. Cavs in 5
|I They can chase the shooters all they want. They will be worn out come the end of games. That offense moves the ball and cuts hard. Kyrie will have to play Defense and still score on the other end. That Cavs defense is Horrid. Nobody with enough offense in the East to even show how bad it is.

Each team gets one on the road.

Warriors in 7.

Last edited:
Things that aren't happening: LeBron guarding Durant for more than brief periods during the series. Cavs winning anytime before 6 games(even with injury, barring injury I highly doubt they win). Bron playing 40+ minutes at this efficiency against that defense. I know this thread is consistently crippled by hot takes but there's nothing that suggests the Cavs are better.. let alone winning in 5. Frankly, nothing has suggested that they can beat the Warriors in a 7 game series so far. Especially given Steph Curry's current level of play

All those wide open 3's the Celtics missed last night were :x :smh:
now, can the Cavs learn from that because if you give the Warriors open 3's like that :nerd: :nerd:

same strategy as last year, make Curry switch on LeBron and make him foul x get destroyed
just have Iggy/Draymond/KD go under the screen and make LeBron beat you from 3

Last edited:
Things that aren't happening: LeBron guarding Durant for more than brief periods during the series. Cavs winning anytime before 6 games(even with injury, barring injury I highly doubt they win). Bron playing 40+ minutes at this efficiency against that defense. I know this thread is consistently crippled by hot takes but there's nothing that suggests the Cavs are better.. let alone winning in 5. Frankly, nothing has suggested that they can beat the Warriors in a 7 game series so far. Especially given Steph Curry's current level of play

Nothing does

5 game series...maybe a sweep

All those wide open 3's the Celtics missed last night were :x :smh:
now, can the Cavs learn from that because if you give the Warriors open 3's like that :nerd: :nerd:

same strategy as last year, make Curry switch on LeBron and make him foul x get destroyed
just have Iggy/Draymond/KD go under the screen and make LeBron beat you from 3

I was thinking this everytime they shot. Like WOW, they are so open.

Cavs are an offensive powerhouse there is no denying that.

But that Defense is BAD, Warriors Defense is Great IMO and Bron will have to work harder than he has all playoffs.

if McGee can limit Thompson somehow, its a wrap

last two finals were all about Thompson, lets be real, Doc is right about LeBron, you can let him score 50 but if you limit everyone else you can win.
I know its not even noon yet

Kyrie doesn't have 40+ that game 5, what happens :nerd:

Last edited:
Dubs aint sweeping the Cavs. I see it going 6, Warriors win, KD cries, Bron starts planning where he's gonna go next.

Lebron dont respect the east lol
Who in the east is worth his respect? 
laugh.gif
 Dude has been dragging his balls on the east's face for too long to have any respect for them 
laugh.gif

Bulls x Wizards would have given the Cavs at least one or 2 L's
LeBron knew what he was doing when they got the 2nd seed

I was thinking this everytime they shot. Like WOW, they are so open.

Cavs are an offensive powerhouse there is no denying that.

But that Defense is BAD, Warriors Defense is Great IMO and Bron will have to work harder than he has all playoffs.
Do you think LeBron is going to have play even more minutes to compensate for their defense if they face the Warriors?

I think that's what the Cavs would do. 

Also, didn't know the Warriors don't play till Saturday. Man 
mean.gif

Lebron is gonna choke the dubs in the post. What he was doing to the celtics last night was just a sample size of how the warriors will get attacked. The only difference is the warriors will hit shots on the perimeter and even win games from a good shooting night but the shooters will be getting chased every night and they're gonna force the warriors to play inside. This is where all the pressure will fall on KD because he's their best option in playing inside but Lebron will be guarding him. And Lebron being used to playing 40+ minutes a game will speak volumes when his stamina holds up down low and KD is terrified of having to go in the post again. Tristan Thompson will be down there as well and even Kevin Love. All the dubs have is Draymond who the warriors can't afford to play solely in the post, so then you turn to Javale McGee? Warriors won't be able to hold. Cavs in 5

Choke the Dubs on the post? Draymond is probably going to guard LeBron most of the game. There is no way Lebron will be able to doto the Warriors what he did to the Celtics last night. Too much help defense and much better overall defenders with length.

Did you just use Kevin Love as a defensive key variable towards guarding the post? Are you on some sort of narcotic? :lol:

You REALLY think the Cavs are winning in 5? Let's say the Cavs do pressure the Warriors to go inside, their ball movement is ELITE in the NBA. Eventually someone isn't going to rotate and they will find an open man. Or they will get fouled and get to the line. You're making it seem like Kevin Love and TT are all-time elite defenders. C'mon now :lol:

Last edited:
The celtics leader. It, would be the coming off the bench if he played on the warriors. Would be the 5th best player on the warriors..
That's the celtics. They buns.

Last edited:
The Warriors are an ALL-Time great NBA team with at least 2 future hall of famers on the current roster. Potentially 4-5.

Their ball movement is second to none. Their shooting is second to none. Their defense is top 3. Their versatility and length is unmatched by most teams. And they have the experience and poise to weather storms.

Hell, they even have better coaching than the Cavs. This series is not going to go 5 to the Cavs. It'll go no less than 6.

Exactly. You have to box Thompson out. Dude has an annoying knack for keeping possessions alive.

McGee plays limited minutes. Not a volume player by any means. What he's done for the Warriors is value related. He plays a controlled number of minutes in a controlled set to mitigate disruption of the offensive flow. Zaza Pachulia and David West will take on the task of containing TT.

The guy has an incredible knack to keep plays alive. Can't remember the last time I've seen someone with a strong presence on the offensive boards.

The Warriors are an ALL-Time great NBA team with at least 2 future hall of famers on the current roster. Potentially 4-5.

Their ball movement is second to none. Their shooting is second to none. Their defense is top 3. Their versatility and length is unmatched by most teams. And they have the experience and poise to weather storms.

Hell, they even have better coaching than the Cavs. This series is not going to go 5 to the Cavs. It'll go no less than 6.
no if Kawhi were healthy the Spurs would've taken them out. They were spanking them for 26 minutes when Kawhi was playing , that proves it.
Warriors got Lucky again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom