2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I specifically mentioned Lin sensationalizing this for 5 years now. 

Obviously stereotypes exist. That was literally in my first post.  If you want to pretend like you didn't delve further beneath the surface of that just like I did and claim "that was all you were saying"....then ok.

Last edited:

He was asked about Asian stereotypes in an interview. Is he supposed to not answer?
What does this have to do with anything? 
laugh.gif
 I didn't say he shouldn't have answered.

If we not allowed to have opinions on opinions...then what exactly is it we do on here EVERYDAY? 

:smh:http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...he-quiet-michael-jordan-or-kobe-bryant-042717

Kawhi outshined Renardo Sidney and everyone on the team,” Sweeney said, referencing the troubled former McDonald’s All-American, who was coached by his father, Renardo Sr., and later played at Mississippi State before going undrafted in 2012. “The Sidney group all of a sudden was badmouthing him around everybody, OK? Everybody kind of bought in it, and all these big-time schools — which were probably about eight or 10 of them — dropped off.
:smh::smh:

Last edited:
My favorite JLin moment was LA coming to the garden during Linsanity and they asked Kobe what he thought of JLin and Kobe said "who?" JLin then proceeded to give Kobe 38 and the win :rofl:

Last edited:
Very simple concept y'all are trying to discredit and dismiss for whatever reason :lol:. I don't get it. Jeremy Lin isn't trying to make anybody "feel sorry for him". Dude is simply drawing attention to a very obvious and real stereotype.

I'm black as hell....y'all know this. Let's not kid ourselves and act like scouts all through Lins process to try to get to college/league didn't overlook him because he was Asian American.

We can all acknowledge that. That is all I'm saying. It's not that deep.

It's not that deep but it's also not something to draw attention to unless you gonna talk about both sides. Yeah he had to struggle early but once that media got a hold of him he more than benefited from the same thing.

Memphis has a -42.2 net rating with Conley on the bench in these playoffs :nerd:

Last edited:
Man, when Linsanity played MIA, I literally felt NERVOUS for dude. Like, my heart was racing whenever Norris Cole and Chalmers were picking that man up full-court. I didn't want dude to get exposed.

Man, when Linsanity played MIA, I literally felt NERVOUS for dude. Like, my heart was racing whenever Norris Cole and Chalmers were picking that man up full-court. I didn't want dude to get exposed.
You shouldn't stereotype people. You wouldn't have done that if it were John Wall.

You shouldn't stereotype people. You wouldn't have done that if it were John Wall.
I wouldn't do that for John Wall. OF COURSE I wouldn't.

I am sure black dudes in the league were tired of hearing about this Asian dude that they probably felt, "Wasn't that good and only got the majority of hype because he was decent AND Asian." So I knew they were going to go for his throat, and they did. I knew they wanted to expose dude.

Many of you might not remember but White Chocolate went through the same thing. During his rookie year, AI, Steph, all of them made comments to the media about him being popular only because of his skin and the media looking for the next GWH. I specifically remember Steph saying, "Man the stuff he is doing, we all were doing since we were 12 years old." Of course Jason Williams proved he was legit and is now an Icon of the past generation but initially, folks went AT him.

Case in point

So when Lin came around, I was like, here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom