2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still watch ESPN, not as much as I used to but they still got shows I watch. I also watch a lot of NFLN and MLBN though. I don't need ESPN for sports news though, that died years ago. They're hours late on news and it's insane.

I come here for all my breaking news. Instagram and YouTube got the highlights if I need em.

are you guys 100% NFL Network for the Draft?

i'm always torn. if we get Chucky on ESPN, i usually go with ESPN. otherwise, i like NFL network for Mayock

are you guys 100% NFL Network for the Draft?

i'm always torn. if we get Chucky on ESPN, i usually go with ESPN. otherwise, i like NFL network for Mayock
I prefer NFL.  They have good media talent overall (outside of the ex-players who are not that great)

ESPN been a joke for over a decade. ESPNEWS was the best thing they had goin, and they let that go to **** as well. :smh:

I wouldn't even be on that channel, ever, if they didn't own MLB, NFL, and NBA games, so I have to tune in for those, and outside of their 30 for 30 series (which is Bill Simmons' baby) they are worthless.

Even their ESPN Classic sucks somehow. How the **** is that possible when they have an entire vault of games for 50+ years, and they play the same 6 games over and over every year. What the ****? :lol:

I wish someone would step in and revamp that company and do it the right way. Fix Classic, fix News, and get rid of these BA clowns that a lot of the NTers around here cherish and regurgitate all their takes on here. :smh:

No 1st this year I'm staying my behind at home :smh:

But wouldnt be surprised if slick Rick pulled some stuff day 1 :nerd:

Last year I went to a bar that held a draft party and T. Waynes was there with his wife..Signing jerseys and other stuff :pimp:

Last edited:
ESPN been a joke for over a decade. ESPNEWS was the best thing they had goin, and they let that go to **** as well.
mean.gif

I wouldn't even be on that channel, ever, if they didn't own MLB, NFL, and NBA games, so I have to tune in for those, and outside of their 30 for 30 series (which is Bill Simmons' baby) they are worthless.

Even their ESPN Classic sucks somehow. How the **** is that possible when they have an entire vault of games for 50+ years, and they play the same 6 games over and over every year. What the ****?
laugh.gif

I wish someone would step in and revamp that company and do it the right way. Fix Classic, fix News, and get rid of these BA clowns that a lot of the NTers around here cherish and regurgitate all their takes on here.
mean.gif
ESPNews is tough because what purpose does it even serve with the internet around?  I agree it was a good channel though.

ESPN been a joke for over a decade. ESPNEWS was the best thing they had goin, and they let that go to **** as well. :smh:

Even their ESPN Classic sucks somehow. How the **** is that possible when they have an entire vault of games for 50+ years, and they play the same 6 games over and over every year. What the ****? :lol:

I wish someone would step in and revamp that company and do it the right way. Fix Classic, fix News, and get rid of these BA clowns that a lot of the NTers around here cherish and regurgitate all their takes on here. :smh:
ESPNews is tough because what purpose does it even serve with the internet around?  I agree it was a good channel though.

If it was me, live updates during games, bring in guests for in depth stuff, Clayton, Shefty, NBA guys, Gammons types, actual news, not the Skips and Steven A's. Expand outside of ESPN too, bring in Dan Patrick for a 10 minute segment, bring in Bill Simmons to talk Boston sports, Gammons, etc. Have guys from other avenues, like Radio play by play guys from various teams to talk today's sports story, like say Bob Euker for Thames discussion, ya know?

Do the highlights, keep them movin, churn out stats, go live to games, and just refresh every other hour or so. Do it the way it was meant to be. (and kinda used to be)

Wow John Buccigross is out

so is pierre lebrun. two solid NHL dudes

weird that werder of all people got the cut. assume he makes a hefty check...but he's legit

Lebrun's been at TSN for a minute,his ESPN gig was on the side :lol:

yeah. he still had to change his twitter username tho :lol:

wish i could get TSN here. my girl kate :evil:

Yea I saw they also got rid of Burnside,finally giving up any pretense of giving a damn about hockey I see :lol:

Beirness :smokin

Last edited:
the streamable.com links are just money for highlights. every once in a while i'll watch a highlight reel of a game. but at this point I just watch people uploading any kind of individual play, or a moment in a game on streamable that wouldn't be on a highlight reel. I also like that it gives you the full context of the play like you were watching on TV. There is no need for ESPN anymore in the highlight department.

Last edited:
If it was me, live updates during games, bring in guests for in depth stuff, Clayton, Shefty, NBA guys, Gammons types, actual news, not the Skips and Steven A's. Expand outside of ESPN too, bring in Dan Patrick for a 10 minute segment, bring in Bill Simmons to talk Boston sports, Gammons, etc. Have guys from other avenues, like Radio play by play guys from various teams to talk today's sports story, like say Bob Euker for Thames discussion, ya know?

Do the highlights, keep them movin, churn out stats, go live to games, and just refresh every other hour or so. Do it the way it was meant to be. (and kinda used to be)

I can see the vision. I'm not sure I'd have the attention span though. If I'm being honest with myself I'd probably turn it off as soon as a guest/topic I didn't like came on. Which is part of the problem for ESPN.

Back in the day I would watch anything on SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom