2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

The Simmons injury is the same as the Durant injury from a few years back. I'd rather him rest (not necessarily a full year) before playing. Hold him out until January

The Simmons injury is the same as the Durant injury from a few years back. I'd rather him rest (not necessarily a full year) before playing. Hold him out until January
Exactly. He rushed back and started having complications so they had to shut him back down. I'd rather Simmons rest as much as needed so he doesn't have any ill effects.

It's also a "common" injury for NFL WRs and they often re-injure it and require a second surgery due to resuming playing too soon. Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Julian Edelman, Sammy Watkins to name a few.

Last edited:
Yep don't mind waiting on Ben. I'm just as excited for Embiid and Saric

I think Rodriguez is gonna get more burn now

I still think it's a damn joke that we still have Embiid, Noel and Okafor all on this team right now and we have preseason starting tomorrow. You have to be really incompetent as a GM to not get anything done about that by now. Playing Okafor and Noel like 15 mins a game in these games or putting them beside eachother or Embiid and making them look worse is not going to increase their trade value. I really have to wonder what the **** people have offered us. If we're offered say Avery Bradley straight up for either of them I would take it in a heartbeat.

Noel and the Sixers NOT Discussing extension.

This is so stupid. Colangelo should have traded him this summer. Now his value is plummeting >:

Hinkie would have never let that happen.

Among the players eligible for rookie-scale extension until October 31, Nerlens Noel is one of the more interesting candidates. The 22-year-old is a promising rebounder and defender whose offensive game still needs some work, and he also plays for a team whose frontcourt is loaded with young talent. Given the uncertainty surrounding Noel, it makes sense that he and the Sixers have yet to engage in extension negotiations, as Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

“It’s not really something that we’ve discussed, given some of the concerns that I think Nerlens has had, right now,” Sixers president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo said. “There’s been very little – if any – discussion with his agents about any extension scenarios.”

Noel’s “concerns” that Colangelo mentions likely refer to the comments the big man made at the start of training camp about the Sixers’ logjam at center. Noel called the situation “silly” and expressed surprise that Philadelphia hadn’t made a trade. Presumably, while he’d like to secure a payday, Noel will be reluctant to sign long-term with the Sixers unless he gets a clearer sense of how the team plans to resolve that situation.

If Noel receives certain assurances from the Sixers about the team’s future, perhaps he and the team will open extension negotiations sometime within the next couple weeks. It’s also possible – albeit not particularly likely – that Philadelphia trades him before the October 31 extension deadline, allowing to ink an extension with a new team. That sort of move is rare, but not unprecedented. For instance, the Rockets signed James Harden to a max extension in October 2012, just days after acquiring him from the Thunder.

For now though, it seems as if the most likely scenario for Noel and the Sixers is for Halloween’s extension deadline to pass without a deal, putting Noel on track to become a restricted free agent in 2017, either with Philadelphia or another club.

Last edited:
So far so good with Embiid. Sergio looks legit.

Still don't trust Sauce.

Jeremi & Richaun look legit. Saric struggled. Once Jah gets back up to speed him and Embiid will be scary together.

Henderson, wtf.

Can't wait for Simmons in a couple months

Agree that we should've traded Flat Top sooner. We need shooters.

stillin729 stillin729 don't buy an Embiid jersey.

Last edited:
-Embiid looks good. Trying to do a little too much though and show off

-Sergio looks like a great second unit PG

-Surprised at Stauskas. Thought he didn't have anything to offer. I wanna see him get more bench minutes. More than Grant

- I like Richaun Holmes. Maybe a bit more than Noel

- Saric didn't look good. Maybe its first game jitters.

- Ohkafor looks rusty. I also don't think putting him out there with the 2nd unit did him any favors as he was the focus. I want to see him on the floor at the same time as Embiid

- I hate Jerami grant as a player. He just makes stupid plays and destroys any flow. Dude is trying to go one on one and cross somebody over when he has no ability to and ends up turning the ball over

- Was that Timothe guy hurt or cut or something? Even Hollis Thompson got some minutes

- TJ McConnell. I like his heart but he can't do anything in this league

Last edited:
So far so good with Embiid. Sergio looks legit.

Still don't trust Sauce.

Jeremi & Richaun look legit. Saric struggled. Once Jah gets back up to speed him and Embiid will be scary together.

Henderson, wtf.

Can't wait for Simmons in a couple months

Agree that we should've traded Flat Top sooner. We need shooters.

stillin729 stillin729 don't buy an Embiid jersey.

:lol:

Not until Nike takes over for Adidas and they get rid of those crappy authentics

I would rather McConnell, Jerami Grant and Hollis Thompson pretty much never see the floor. Grant will hit a few jumpers, maybe make a highlight block or dunk but overall he just plays so dumb it's ridiculous. He literally plays like a JUCO player that's athletic as hell but has no clue how to play basketball and is trying to do everything he can to make a highlight play in his minutes.

Last edited:
Jerami Grant plays at 1000mph :lol:. Dude needs to slow down and he'll be alright.

I would rather McConnell, Jerami Grant and Hollis Thompson pretty much never see the floor. Grant will hit a few jumpers, maybe make a highlight block or dunk but overall he just plays so dumb it's ridiculous. He literally plays like a JUCO player that's athletic as hell but has no clue how to play basketball and is trying to do everything he can to make a highlight play in his minutes.

hes just a dumb player. He has no awareness. I just don't see those three guys getting any time once the team is fully healthy. When bayless Simmons and Noel come back, I can't see them touching the floor again

Last edited:

take Nik with them, he sucks

last night was probably the best game he'll ever have in the NBA

take Nik with them, he sucks

last night was probably the best game he'll ever have in the NBA

We legit should sell high on Stauskas right now :lol: his value will never be higher after his performance last night on national TV

Sell Sauce + Noel for Brandon Knight + 2nd Round pick (as a respect to Hinkie)

I would have said the same thing back in June...but we have too many big men and Noel won't even consider an extension. The Sixers are losing leverage every passing day and it's killing them.

Sell Sauce + Noel for Brandon Knight + 2nd Round pick (as a respect to Hinkie)

We should get more than just Knight for Noel alone...maybe throw in PJ Tucker or something. Knight would be a great fit for this team though. Him and Avery Bradley are pretty much my two favorite targets we could land for Noel.

Agreed with Knight being a good fit. Whether we draft Dennis Smith, or Fultz, they will be able to work together at the backcourt.
Bradley is great, but he is injury prone, older and his value is too high for Boston which will drive the demand way up. Knight on the other hand needs to leave that PG heavy team.

Does anyone here think Beal is worth pursuing if the Wizards continue their downfall? Gortat is getting up there in age and a Noel/ Wall duo is a solid building block.

Does anyone here think Beal is worth pursuing if the Wizards continue their downfall? Gortat is getting up there in age and a Noel/ Wall duo is a solid building block.

Beal is due A LOT of money and is just so injury prone it seems...

One guy I'd keep an eye on if the Warriors keep struggling to start this season is Klay. He'd probably be the first guy they'd trade if they wanted to try and make changes. Noel would fit their need of an interior defender better than anybody they could possibly get.

The good thing is we have all the money in the world and Embiid, Simmons, Dario and our next couple 1st rounders in this next draft won't have to be paid extensions for a while. If there's some good players out there with big contracts that teams are willing to get rid of we could definitely take them on.

Beal is due A LOT of money and is just so injury prone it seems...

One guy I'd keep an eye on if the Warriors keep struggling to start this season is Klay. He'd probably be the first guy they'd trade if they wanted to try and make changes. Noel would fit their need of an interior defender better than anybody they could possibly get.

As awesome as that would be, I doubt we even sniff that conversation. If the Warriors do decide to make some changes, it kinda feels like Green would be the first to go solely based off of his attitude. But it would take a lot for that to happen and I doubt changes would be made this season.

I am giving Noel up until the trade deadline to get moved. There is no way the Sixers let him walk and get nothing in return.

We traded Jerami Grant to OKC for Ersan Ilyasova and a conditional future pick.

Philadelphia has traded Jerami Grant to OKC, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) November 1, 2016
OKC sends Ersan Ilyasova and a conditional future pick to the Sixers, league sources tell @TheVertical.

I like Ilyasova but I'm not sure where he fits on our team.

Last edited:
We traded Jerami Grant to OKC for Ersan Ilyasova and a conditional future pick.

Philadelphia has traded Jerami Grant to OKC, league sources tell @TheVertical.
OKC sends Ersan Ilyasova and a conditional future pick to the Sixers, league sources tell @TheVertical.

I like Ilyasova but I'm not sure where he fits on our team.
My prayers have come true. Don't really care about ilyasova though

Back
Top Bottom