2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Promised myself id only buy 1 pair, passed up fta ftl reserve & went w/ champs. No contrast:ohwell:. Ftl near my apartment restocked tuesday, copped 2 more pairs, both those pairs have it in spades. Might let go of my champs pair.

You're lying. EVERY pair has it. Don't you know that by now? :rofl:

My pair finally came. I’m very happy with them :nthat:

9F3DB131-9F91-4BBA-BE1C-D39B5A2C5FC2.jpeg

most people that double up usually have plans on wearing the HELL out of the first shoe, while still having that second pair on ice. especially if these are in your daily rotation. it all comes down to how much you really wear your shoes i guess.. tripling and quadrupling is kinda OD though, but then again dudes have been waiting YEARS for these to properly retro.. so i can’t blame them lol. almost similar to having a lifetime supply of your favorite shoe.
Some people also like having a supply of a certain shoe just for the hell of it. I bought four concords. I might or might not go through them all before they come back around, but if you can afford it, I look at an iconic shoe like that or like these 6s people are buying multiples of, like this: It's not that much money in the grand scheme, and besides, you know you'll always be able to get at least almost all of it back if you change your mind and sell some extra pairs. Meanwhile, I don't have to think about babying my concords because I only have one pair. I still take care of that pair but I'm not afraid of wearing them out, and I'm actually inclined to wear them more often because I know I have a pile of them. I don't know what's gotten into this thread but suddenly there are a lot of sweeping, overbroad statements being made as absolute fact that are most definitely not absolute fact. Man.

the contrast is weird... my left shoe has it... and the right shoe only has it one 1 side... my second pair same thing... one shoe has contrast while the other doesnt have contrast at all... i dont care honestly... still going to rock them... too much work to buy 10 pairs and keep the right one

I double up on anything I'm serious about. Like an insurance plan. Maybe I'm at the club and ol' girl gets a lil frisky and drips on my pair. Maybe things pop off and some blood gets on the toebox. Maybe I gotta heel toe the whip a little to hard and scuff them. I want to be able to hit the closet and step right back into freshness....Just maybe

I double up on anything I'm serious about. Like an insurance plan. Maybe I'm at the club and ol' girl gets a lil frisky and drips on my pair. Maybe things pop off and some blood gets on the toebox. Maybe I gotta heel toe the whip a little to hard and scuff them. I want to be able to hit the closet and step right back into freshness....Just msybe

A random girl from da club drippin on your infrared 6’s

You may have a higher chance of tony breaking in your house and sabotaging your pair so you can’t enjoy it.

So contrast is what y'all are after? Why?

It represents the true identity of the original infrared 6. The 2000 version had such a perfect contrast that you can notice it under any light.

I’ve seen some pairs of this 2019 version to have them, and it really is apparent on some pairs. Then on the other hand, the majority of the pairs I’ve seen lately aren’t so apparent. The inconsistency is crazy.

My footaction pair should be here sometime today and I hope it’s a good one.

Champs corporate called me today and they’re sending me a gift card for the inconvenience with the raffle thing and the DM is going to have a pair shipped to my nearest store for pickup. Apparently the store associate or store manager called corporate and said I was extremely nice even though it was major issue on their behalf, and I was on the DM’s official list for raffle winners so he doesn’t know what happened with the store.

I wasn’t going to double up, but it looks like I just might...

I've seen a good amount of them in person and haven't noticed a contrast on any. None of my three pairs have it. I don't think any really have it at all. Probably just the current lighting and cameras used to take a pic. Maybe a few got a light piece of that material by chance on the heel. However it's all the same material and wasn't designed that way. If you really want it I'm sure a deep black dye could be used to darken the heel. I'm good with the uniform look.

It took me 20 mins to get through to the Finishline restock. Kept getting errors, 3 PayPal charges and 1 FNL confirmation later....

I’m one and done, this is a shoe that holds a lot of significance to me personally like many others, but as much as I baby my sneakers these will last a long time. Or maybe I’ll beat them to the ground? We will see.

Some people also like having a supply of a certain shoe just for the hell of it. I bought four concords. I might or might not go through them all before they come back around, but if you can afford it, I look at an iconic shoe like that or like these 6s people are buying multiples of, like this: It's not that much money in the grand scheme, and besides, you know you'll always be able to get at least almost all of it back if you change your mind and sell some extra pairs. Meanwhile, I don't have to think about babying my concords because I only have one pair. I still take care of that pair but I'm not afraid of wearing them out, and I'm actually inclined to wear them more often because I know I have a pile of them. I don't know what's gotten into this thread but suddenly there are a lot of sweeping, overbroad statements being made as absolute fact that are most definitely not absolute fact. Man.

im not knocking anyone for having triple or quadruple of anything.. i own double of many shoes myself, and like you stated.. it makes me wear my shoes way more freely knowing i have a back up pair in the closet.

not sure who you’re aiming “overboard statements” at.. but if it’s me, refer back to any post ive made in this thread and reevaluate.

Excuse my stupidity, but wtf is "heel contrast" y'all are talking about?

Some people noticed that the panel of material on the back "heel" part of the shoe has a different finish that reflects light more instead of absorbing light like the forefoot area. It looks like it's made of a different material, hence the "heel contrast" term. Some people like it. Some people don't care about it. Some people think it's a myth. Some people think it's on all the pairs. Some people think it only shows on some pairs. The majority of people in the world have absolutel no idea what "heel contrast" is. I can see it on my pair, but I still feel really dumb talking and thinking about it for some reason.

Yo, so I got three pairs of these Infrareds. One from the shock drop and two from the mass releases. The ones I got from the shock are perfect. The other two have these two indentions in the toe box. Looks like a metal baseball cleat stepped on them. If you run your fingers over them, that section is just pushed in. ANYONE ELSE THESE ISSUES?!?! It's two pairs with same issues on both sections. That tells me there was probably a bad batch.
2019 Air Jordan VI OG Infrared.jpg

Mine has that same thing on my toe box, it's hard to notice ...only when you look very close with a light or camera flash then it becomes noticeable.

IMG_20190221_165607_689.jpg

im not knocking anyone for having triple or quadruple of anything.. i own double of many shoes myself, and like you stated.. it makes me wear my shoes way more freely knowing i have a back up pair in the closet.

not sure who you’re aiming “overboard statements” at.. but if it’s me, refer back to any post ive made in this thread and reevaluate.

Sorry dude, not really you. Just all the arguments over does every pair have contrast or not, people bickering over opinions presented as outright facts, and then the various comments about it being pointless to buy more than two pairs of a shoe as if that too is a fact that applies to everyone. Not a big deal, just amusing.

Back
Top Bottom