2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Anyone seen these?

They're samples.. Picked em up for $20 from the nike outlet

Haven't seen em before

Non-SBs

Got myself a pair of black Melvins for $90 (7/10s but I don't care) and got myself a new ride (Black on black Doge Ram 1500).  Today was a good day.

Got myself a pair of black Melvins for $90 (7/10s but I don't care) and got myself a new ride (Black on black Doge Ram 1500).  Today was a good day.

Without looking at Pix, Great Price on those Black Melvins! Super comfy.
Also, Congratulations on the New Truck!

Anyone seen these?

They're samples.. Picked em up for $20 from the nike outlet

Haven't seen em before

I think those we're supposed to or had a limited release when they did the sail BTTYS releases in 2012. What's the style code production dats on it?

That's some damn good news homie. Congratulations on both "Pick Ups"!...See what I did there? lol

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like mids. I've got around 20 pair or so, and in my "want list" there's 5 pair in the top 20.

Oh well, to each his own. Makes them cheaper for me :smokin

Also related to the page, anyone know where I can find Send Help 2's for around $50 in a size 12/13? I've almost pulled the trigger a few times on the bay for ~$60 but its just a little more than I'm willing to go for that shoe.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like mids. I've got around 20 pair or so, and in my "want list" there's 5 pair in the top 20.

Oh well, to each his own. Makes them cheaper for me :smokin

Also related to the page, anyone know where I can find Send Help 2's for around $50 in a size 12/13? I've almost pulled the trigger a few times on the bay for ~$60 but its just a little more than I'm willing to go for that shoe.

It definitely makes the thread interesting, I like to read other people's opinions on dunks even when they're opposite of how I see them. Personally I never really went after mids, since for the longest time I was more of a lows kind of guy, I've been buying more highs lately, but I still only have 1 pair of mids, the Northern Lights. I wouldn't say no to a pair of the Ryu dunks, but it's never been anything I've chased after.

The only other one I can think of that I'd love to get is the Tie Dye mid from a few years back, I loved the laces that came with it and it'd go great with my bumming around town weekend summer look.

It definitely makes the thread interesting, I like to read other people's opinions on dunks even when they're opposite of how I see them. Personally I never really went after mids, since for the longest time I was more of a lows kind of guy, I've been buying more highs lately, but I still only have 1 pair of mids, the Northern Lights. I wouldn't say no to a pair of the Ryu dunks, but it's never been anything I've chased after.

The only other one I can think of that I'd love to get is the Tie Dye mid from a few years back, I loved the laces that came with it and it'd go great with my bumming around town weekend summer look.
I've always wanted a pair of linoleums but I'd have to get somebody to help me remove the strap 
sick.gif

I'm like you mints always loved the lows way back when in my first collection. Now I'm all highs and the only lows i'd even consider owning are diamond lows.

I'm still a guy that goes for lows first and then takes a second to think about what would look better that day. This year it hasn't helped that even the GR stuff has been great in the highs, and the lows really haven't done much for me. I've only picked up the Kumquat lows from new releases.

Yeah I've wanted to chime in about mids in the past when there's a lot of hate for them. I started with Dunk Lows and never got into any highs because i thought it wasn't a style I could get into. But I really wanted the Donatello mids (before those Fila joints came out) because I figured I'd never see anything else. And once I got those, I loved the style. The strap is kinda perfect for the fit of my jeans (I wear Levi's 559, 511, and 514 exclusively). I also like the way mids look with shorts. And mids got me into highs, which I also enjoy.

Mix in that I've gotten stuff like Watermelon mids for $35, Photo Blue for $25, etc, its probably made me like them more. The SB Dunk fit and comfort for cheaper than GR lows, you can't go wrong.

The Tie Dyes are awesome, I got a pair off the bay DS for $45 a few months ago and are one of my 3 favorite mids. Donatellos are in there and the Goofy Boy mids are the other.

I've always wanted a pair of linoleums but I'd have to get somebody to help me remove the strap :x .

I'm like you mints always loved the lows way back when in my first collection. Now I'm all highs and the only lows i'd even consider owning are diamond lows.

I don't care if its low, high, or mid. I think each style can be worn differently. Sometimes I'm in a low mood, sometimes mid, etc. I like a variety- I hate that all the really good QS releases lately have been highs (SOMP, YOTH, Premier). I'd like to see some awesome QS design in a low, although last year was the opposite with the FTC, SPoT, 112 (still can't effing find decently priced) all being awesome lows.

Last edited:
Yea been a while since I've seen a QS low (I just don't consider hacky sacks a QS). But at the same time the absence of the low releases this year gives me chance to catch up on older lows. I've only purchased snake eyes and all white lows this year. And I'd also like to get some mids in my closet but just haven't bought any. As I've said before though I really like the way the "beavis" mid looks though. So might start with those.

Last edited:
Speaking of Ryu dunks...my heart jumped a little when I saw Chun-Lis in my size on the bay the other day but they were not DS :frown:

Back
Top Bottom