2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

When u wear lance mountains ppl are gonna be like why do u have different sneakers on

Only those that don't know.
Wearing them on Saturday at the DXC/Little Toyko Swap Meet, everyone knew what they were.
Wearing at the Mall, Everyone knew what they were.
Albertson's, CVS and Target..."Why are youy wearing two different shoes?"

everyone i know going for the SBxJ1s is scratching the paint off to get a pair of breds or royals, havent seen anyone bessides myself who doesnt want to remove the paint

everyone i know going for the SBxJ1s is scratching the paint off to get a pair of breds or royals, havent seen anyone bessides myself who doesnt want to remove the paint
Honestly, I thought that both the white and black Lance Mountains looked clean without being skated/wiped off. If I was interested in them (I'm not), I'd keep them as is. Like you said though, a lot of people are gunning for them to make black/red and royal 1 sets.

Right I was looking at my brutes the day he posted this and just shaking ny head in disappointment

Found digging through SB archives, so dope
smokin.gif

Man! I need a 2nd Pair of these Melvins!
Mine are so beat!

Lol just some good lighting and a little saturation. I get a lot of compliments on those actually just wearing them around

I won't be removing the paint but I already have the shoes that the beasts are trying to get out of this colab

I really think if you want blk/reds or royals get them but I'm not telling anyone how to spend theirmoney I'm sure most of these will be ruined by people who don't have a clue how to strip them

Fakes be damned, I will allow myself to buy a fake pair of these, if I ever find them in my size 12/13.
Unlike the others that have chimed in, I can get behind you on that (maybe cuz I'm a 13 and know how hard it is to find old DS kicks in that size for a reasonable price).  I have no problems with fakes as long as the seller/owner doesn't try to pass them off as real.  Although, be careful as I hear sizing on the fakes are really variable.

I've never bought fakes before and I really don't plan to, but honestly -- all the crazy reselling and continuing diminishing quality (not so much for SB, but definitely for Jordans) is making me reconsider how much 'authentic' is really worth.  It's a pretty thin line between 'greymarket'/'early release' pairs and 'custom' pairs and authentic.

Rather than pay the crazy resale on the Tiffanys - been considering going to a customizer to replicate the colours on some discounted GR pair and putting *REAL* crocodile on it.  I really can't imagine it being too much more than current resale prices and it will be better quality - and it's obvious I'm not trying to pass them off as real.

Don't flame me - just my $0.02.

Last edited:

they dont make shoes like they use to
they don't make anything of superior quality anymore. You use to be able to buy furniture made of real hardwood and not particle board, you used to be able to by a car that you could not poke hard with your finger and leave an indention. You used to be able to buy jeans that the color and material still looked new after 5 washes.

Unlike the others that have chimed in, I can get behind you on that (maybe cuz I'm a 13 and know how hard it is to find old DS kicks in that size for a reasonable price).  I have no problems with fakes as long as the seller/owner doesn't try to pass them off as real.  Although, be careful as I hear sizing on the fakes are really variable.

I've never bought fakes before and I really don't plan to, but honestly -- all the crazy reselling and continuing diminishing quality (not so much for SB, but definitely for Jordans) is making me reconsider how much 'authentic' is really worth.  It's a pretty thin line between 'greymarket'/'early release' pairs and 'custom' pairs and authentic.

Rather than pay the crazy resale on the Tiffanys - been considering going to a customizer to replicate the colours on some discounted GR pair and putting *REAL* crocodile on it.  I really can't imagine it being too much more than current resale prices and it will be better quality - and it's obvious I'm not trying to pass them off as real.

Don't flame me - just my $0.02.

Just go on NIKE ID and make the tiffany colorway.

Good point - basing it off the ID would probably mean less work -- just have to slap the crocodile on and paint the swoosh metallic.  May need adjustment on the Tiffany color.

Last edited:

they don't make anything of superior quality anymore. You use to be able to buy furniture made of real hardwood and not particle board, you used to be able to by a car that you could not poke hard with your finger and leave an indention. You used to be able to buy jeans that the color and material still looked new after 5 washes.
Good point - think this is mainly due to:

(1) 'fast fashion' -- everyone wants what's trendy for cheap, so most clothes are really disposable now

(2) shipping costs -- especially with everything made overseas now, all manufacturer's are trying to reduce weight/size to jam more into shippping crates - for example, some speaker companies are now using MDF particle enclosures rather than hardwood to save on weight.  I'm in AF1s too, and I suspect that's why Nike is pushing the Lunar AF1s so hard... much lighter shoe and probably easier/cheaper to manufacture.

(3) being more 'green' -- have a buddy that works as a autobody painter and it's widely known in the industry that older car paints are far more durable, but they were more toxic and bad for the earth.

Last edited:
I won't be removing the paint but I already have the shoes that the beasts are trying to get out of this colab

I really think if you want blk/reds or royals get them but I'm not telling anyone how to spend theirmoney I'm sure most of these will be ruined by people who don't have a clue how to strip them
couldnt agree more..

I don't think you can make it on Nike iD. For men's, you can't even change the color of the upper, you can only change the material

Back
Top Bottom