ll is he really tht bad? Last time i really sen him was in the playoffs with the Magics and he played good

He's 33, a headcase and not wanted around the league.

plus he can't shoot and PG under mike is a rather demanding job, doubt we ever see a time under him that a PG is brought in mid season.

add on to it that Duhon over the past month plus has been 12, 7 and 3 with only 2 TO's a game while shooting 47% from 3.

will that continue? doubtful... but skip aint doin better regardless.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

add on to it that Duhon over the past month plus has been 12, 7 and 3 with only 2 TO's a game while shooting 47% from 3.

will that continue? doubtful...
roll.gif

It's the Magic, singular... not S

And no way Skip comes here, we don't need him.

Skip here is not a good idea even though I do like him. I was thinking about one thing. Duhon was playing at a monster level last year's first half andthen was dreadful. Is it possible he flips the page this time and was so bad in the beginning and is actually.....gasp....decent the rest of the way?

Duhon has already reached max potential. I think he is the only starting point guard that is only able to see one side of the court. Most teams are alreadybeginning to stop duhon's pick and roll which is his only move basically. If the 3 ain't falling hes just a bum out there. The man cannot push the ballat all and cannot penetrate to the basket and finish. If dantoni continues to run this 8-9 man rotation I see duhon slowing down significantly down the stretchand since he is our only pass first pg it will probably hurt us.

Btw no to skip he is way past his prime, i'd much rather douglas get more time and develop.

[h3]Could Blake land in NY?[/h3]
11:43AM ET

[h5]Steve Blake | Trail Blazers[/h5]
Top Email

Last month, ESPN's Chad Ford reported Steve Blake was being dangled by the Trail Blazers. And yesterday in his chat, he still believes Blake could be the one dealt out of Portland: "So many players are injured, the value isn't high on many of them. I think if someone gets moved it will be Steve Blake."

So what's a possible destination for Blake? How about the Knicks? Since the team doesn't have a first-round pick this year and Mike D'Antoni is still searching for a point guard to run his system, Blake could come in and be a decent option for him. The Blazers are lacking size with Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla out for the year, and the Knicks are looking to shop Jared Jeffries. Jeffries is making $6 million this year while Blake is making $4 million, so the Blazers may have to add in another player.

[h1]Knicks deny Magic Johnson tickets to game following his criticism of ex-coach Isiah Thomas[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, January 6th 2010

alg_thomas_johnson.jpg

Cataffo/News
Magic Johnson's (r.) request for complimentary tickets to see the New York Knicks was denied, in part because of his criticism of former head coach Isiah Thomas (l.), the Daily News has learned.

The next time Magic Johnson asks the Knicks for a seat along celebrity row, he first may want to ask Isiah Thomas for his forgiveness.

The Daily News has learned that Johnson's request for comp tickets to a Knicks game last month was rejected due in part to his criticism of Thomas, the team's former president and head coach, who remains close to Garden chairman James Dolan.

The Knicks would neither confirm nor deny that Johnson was told that they wouldn't provide him with a ticket to the team's Dec. 7 game against Portland.

A person close to the team says that when the Knicks didn't respond to Johnson's request immediately, the Hall of Famer later called the club to let it know that he had made other plans.

A league source, however, contends that the club was reluctant to give Johnson a ticket because the Knicks were upset with the former Laker and didn't want to create a media firestorm at the Garden in the wake of his controversial comments relating to Thomas.

In the recently released book about Johnson and Larry Bird entitled "When the Game Was Ours," Magic reveals that he was partly responsible for keeping Thomas off the 1992 Olympic Dream Team. Johnson adds that he believes Thomas was responsible for spreading rumors about his sexuality when the Los Angeles great tested positive for HIV in 1991.

Johnson also claims that after he declined the chance to run the Knicks it was he who suggested that former Garden president Steve Mills hire Thomas. Recently, Johnson has said that he would never again recommend Thomas for an NBA coaching or front-office job.

Two months ago, Thomas was quoted by SI.com, saying that he was "really hurt" by Johnson's comments. He also told the Web site: "I really feel taken advantage of for all these years. I'm totally blind-sided by this. Every time that I've seen Magic, he has been friendly with me....I didn't know he felt this way."

[h1]Knicks have crucial stretch of games ahead[/h1]
January 6, 2010 By ANTHONY RIEBER anthony.rieber@newsday.com
2808589922.JPG

Photo credit: AP | The Knicks' Danilo Gallinari reacts after an emphaticdunk over Indiana's Roy Hibbert in the second quarter. The Knicks won, 132-89. (January 3, 2010)

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - Can a game in early January between two teams with sub-.500 records be considered a showdown? A pitchedbattle for a playoff spot?

In the NBA's Eastern Conference, it can be.

The Knicks will host the Larry Brown-led Charlotte Bobcats Thursday night at Madison Square Garden. Going into Wednesday, Charlotte (15-18) held the seventh spot in the conference. The Knicks(14-20) were 10th, one game behind eighth-place Milwaukee.

"These should be treated kind of like playoff games in the sense that it's . . . a two-game swing," coach Mike 'Antoni said. "There's a lot of games we'll have this month. We've got Charlotte,we've got Detroit a couple times, we've got Chicago . . . they're not crucial, crucial, but they're very important games."

The Knicks, who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday, have won three of their last fourand six of nine; the Bobcats have won three in a row, including road victories at Miami and Cleveland on consecutive nights. They have beaten the Knicks twice in three meetings. "They play as hard asanybody in the league, they're a team that's as good defensively as anybody in the league," David Lee said. "We're going to have to come out and do a good job on Gerald Wallace and Steven Jackson. It starts with those guys.

"It's an important game because it's a team that's close to us in the standings. They're playing great ball right now. I thinkwe're playing great ball. We need to go out there and take care of our home court."

The Knicks had done that, winning six in a row at the Garden, before losing back-to-back games to Miami and San Antonio during Christmas week. Other than a stunning loss to the Nets on Dec. 30, the Knicks have been solid since. They blew out the Pacers in their last game on Sunday,132-89. "We're starting to carry ourselves with a little swagger," Al Harringtonsaid.

Said D'Antoni: "I definitely think that a little success, a little bit, has really helped us. They feel good as a group.

"I don't think we get shook. We can get down and know we can come back. They have more confidence as a group that they can battle. Some nightswe'll be off, some nights we'll play bad, some nights we'll stink it up. But I don't think there's any shoulders dropping, heads down. Ifthat happens, they come back, work a little bit harder and get ready for the next game."

Notes & quotes: The contracts of Jonathan Bender and Marcus Landry were guaranteed for the rest of the season . . . Danilo Gallinari sat out practice with a sore right shoulder but is expected to play Thursday night . . .D'Antoni on whether he has a communication gap with players who are disgruntled over playing time: "I think they seem to be communicating prettywell."

Why do they always mention Knicks being owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday?
laugh.gif
I bet they are contractually obligated for whatever reason.

BTW, these 3 days between games are excruciating.

that magic johnson article sounds like BS. But once again shows how %%@!$@ up the knicks are from top down. why in the world is the organization still behindisiah tomas? @%*@%%* hate dolan so much.

Random but kind of related, I saw a rumor/report that Tiger Woods has been hiding out in James Dolan's mansion for some time.

I guess they're friends
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom