24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Credit Karma is off by more than 30 points for me. Was listed at 780 on CK and just purchased a vehicle and score came back at 745

Once my no interest period is up for Chase I'm getting a Discover card for sure.

See, it was the exact opposite for my girlfriend. Credit score on CK was in the 730's, the bank pulled her score when she was purchasing a car and it was in the 760's. (see checked her CK score the same day before going into the bank).

I just don't understand why its different for some people :lol: . I'm kinda scared for mine because right now CK is giving me a score of 764. I don't want to apply for a mortgage and its like 730 :lol:

Last edited:
See, it was the exact opposite for my girlfriend. Credit score on CK was in the 730's, the bank pulled her score when she was purchasing a car and it was in the 760's. (see checked her CK score the same day before going into the bank).

I just don't understand why its different for some people
laugh.gif
. I'm kinda scared for mine because right now CK is giving me a score of 764. I don't want to apply for a mortgage and its like 730
laugh.gif
You need to go ahead and pay for the myFICO scoring once you get closer. It is $20 for your scores from 1 bureau, $60 for scores from all 3.

I paid for the $25/mo score watch while I was in my mortgage process.

You need to go ahead and pay for the myFICO scoring once you get closer. It is $20 for your scores from 1 bureau, $60 for scores from all 3.
I paid for the $25/mo score watch while I was in my mortgage process.

Was just going to say this. When I was car shopping I ONLY used and paid for myfico.com and trusted nothing else.

I thought the $20 a month was for all three though unless it changed.

Experian removed the tax judgment early. 54 point bump, 752 :pimp:

TU has been a headacheee. I hope they remove it early after all the hassle.

Planning on going to Cali in about a month. Looking for a travel cc for those airfare rewards. I see dicoverIT offers one. Is it any good or are there better than I can get with a 650 credit score?

Just got an "offer" in the mail for a credit card with my credit union. 0% APR for 18 months. :pimp:

Gonna transfer over my debt with wells fargo and build my bike on that credit card :pimp:

Planning on going to Cali in about a month. Looking for a travel cc for those airfare rewards. I see dicoverIT offers one. Is it any good or are there better than I can get with a 650 credit score?
What part of Cali u coming to????

Just last night I got a $1k increase on one of my capital one cards
I have 3 capital one cards
I have 2 quicksilver and a venture
So that makes one of the quick silvers limit 3,250
I'm a pay it down
currently at $900
Then I'm gonna merge the card with my venture card thats at 6k

What part of Cali u coming to????

Just last night I got a $1k increase on one of my capital one cards
I have 3 capital one cards
I have 2 quicksilver and a venture
So that makes one of the quick silvers limit 3,250
I'm a pay it down
currently at $900
Then I'm gonna merge the card with my venture card thats at 6k

LA bro. Looking at Air BNBs in the West/North Hollywood Area, or Studio City.

What's the best card to use by itself for everyday use if I don't travel much? Looking to get my first one.

Last edited:
What's the best card to use by itself for everyday use if I don't travel much? Looking to get my first one.

For an everyday card with no annual fee and not a travel card. I'll say capital one quicksilver or even chase's new card the freedom unlimited. They're both 1.5% cashback on everything. Others I'll recommend is citi double cash or Amex blue cash. All great cards you should look into imo.

Discover it is probably the best cash back card with no fee right now with the double cash back offer. I'm sure somebody already got you a referral for a bonus $50 too

People like vultures in here, no wonder no one has hit me up in 6+ months :lol: I remember in one week last year I got 10 NTers signed up

Last edited:
New Citi/Costco card coming out in a few months:

4% cash back on gas

3% cash back on restaurants/ travel

2% cash back costco purchases

1% cash back everything else

no annual fee.

Last edited:
New Citi/Costco card coming out in a few months:
4% cash back on gas
3% cash back on restaurants/ travel
2% cash back costco purchases
1% cash back everything else

no annual fee.

Its a Citi/Visa card btw.

No one complained, it was kind of a joke.. Wasn't serious at all and could care less. Majority of the time people contacted me, if I cared that much I would have notifications on and know instantly anytime someone posted in this thread if I wanted to get referrals that bad.

Guess y'all read it wrong

Back
Top Bottom