24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Closed my account like 2 years ago but just got this email

Screenshot_20230202-190203_Gmail~2.jpg

This thread finna become a child support/baby mother venting thread

Every year NT gotta have one for dudes to support one another.

@kingfoamnyc come in here get some love famb...
giphy.webp
bm#2 hogging the whole tax refund plus filing the receipts for daycare I paid 100% for but her dumbass owes money every year so she doesn't even get it, it just gets applied to a debt she'll never pay off, when she should/ could just let me claim it and we could split it. Told me I cant bring the baby to my house because its too dangerous. Gonna have to get them people involved

Bm#1 been on good enough behavior though. Went and got evicted and kept it from me until after it was too late but thats fine

Sounds like a dumb *****...

Dont get me started on mine tho cuz she literally passed up 20k in the past year while also costing me just as much which is honestly ****ing amazing if you think about it, you have to really be special to just take so many Ls due to laziness and stupidity.

We all got the same one. Dumb as rocks and lazy as hell. :rofl: Mine has a job for the first time in 7 years so I’m sure she’s gonna be crying on her refund because she’s a big tax payer now.

Not sure if anyone can help me understand this. I've have this credit card account that has been closed for 10 years. Up until last week, it was still showing on my report. I get this notification that an account has been removed from my credit history, now my score drops 20 points because of this.

I don't get how an account that has already been closed (and I'm sure my score dropped when I closed it) count against my score?

This legit? Never heard of it.

Got my joint account with decent amount money sitting in a chase savings prob not doing **** so contemplating moving it while still adding to it and trying to get the most out of it

If anyone has any info for any with high APY lmk

Not sure if anyone can help me understand this. I've have this credit card account that has been closed for 10 years. Up until last week, it was still showing on my report. I get this notification that an account has been removed from my credit history, now my score drops 20 points because of this.

I don't get how an account that has already been closed (and I'm sure my score dropped when I closed it) count against my score?

Because when you deleted that card, you also deleted your credit history associated with it.

For Ex:
Let's say my first credit card I opened was in 1995, but then my second credit card was 2004 & I delete my first one. Now my credit history is only reflective from 2004 onwards. So all the good will you previously created no longer exists.

Some companies will still report the history I believe for 10 years, but not all. That's why for cards I don't care for anymore I just use it very minimally. I have a bank credit card that i strictly use for emergencies. All my bills, eating out, shopping goes on my AMEX.

PO

Last edited:

Got my joint account with decent amount money sitting in a chase savings prob not doing **** so contemplating moving it while still adding to it and trying to get the most out of it

My joint and EF are with Ally, they're at 3.4% now

Yea legit. Depending on how much you put in there, you could also "churn" a couple new accounts for sign-up bonuses to earn a good chunk too. Like right now US Bank has a "free" $400-600 bonus if you open up a checking + savings account and meet their requirements (2+ direct deposits within 90 days, totaling $6k+, etc.). You already have Chase but sometimes they have a $500-600 sign up bonus if you open a checking + savings account and meet their reqs etc.

$10k in a 4% APY high yield savings accounts will make you $400 after 12 months. You can get $400 in 30-90 days with sign up bonuses, then still get the ~10 remaining months of appreciation at the higher rate.

After you hit those sign up bonuses and keep the accounts open the minimum required time, you can roll it all back into a HYSA earning 4%+ for the rest of the year.

Any good credit repair programs out there? Couple years ago (likr 6) I used Lexington Law and in about 3-4 months they raised my score from around a 550 to a 720. Things were good then I trashed it again, then I tried using them again and I didnt get the results I was looking for.

Any one have any suggestions on what the best ones out there now?

Because when you deleted that card, you also deleted your credit history associated with it.

For Ex:
Let's say my first credit card I opened was in 1995, but then my second credit card was 2004 & I delete my first one. Now my credit history is only reflective from 2004 onwards. So all the good will you previously created no longer exists.

Some companies will still report the history I believe for 10 years, but not all. That's why for cards I don't care for anymore I just use it very minimally. I have a bank credit card that i strictly use for emergencies. All my bills, eating out, shopping goes on my AMEX.

PO

It's kind of dumb. I know I took the hit when I initially closed it, but for my score to take another hit when it's removed off of my history. Feels like a double dip.

Going to request some credit increases. That -20 really pissed me off. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom