24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Southwest Rapid Rewards cards. Can get both and basically automatically get the companion pass. If you time it right, would get it for almost two years.

Best deal in the game. I was able to get in on the 60k/card late last year and timed it just right so that I would earn the companion pass in January. I now have it through Dec 2019 :pimp:

The current cards have a 50k/card bonus and the companion pass requires 110k earned in a calendar year. Since each card requires $2000 spend for 50k points, you'll have to spend $4000 for the 100k bonus and then earn an additional 6000 points to get the companion pass. You'll have to spend either an additional $6k on regular spend, purchase SW flights, or spend enough in the Rapid Rewards shopping portal/dining to make up that 6000 point differential.

Yeah that’s still nothing when you realize if you can have a companion fly for free for 23 months. Wild to me. Worth it if you are going to fly once a month.

I had a 630credit score for the last two months. Per credit karma i now have a 670, my wells fargo app says i have a 660, and capital one app says i have a 655. anyways i was stcuk at 630 for a while. Im a year in on paying for my car with no missed payments.

i randomly just applied for a chase freedom card, wanted to transfer a balance from one of my amex cards for 0 intrest for the next 15 months. I was expecting a credit limit of 500 to 1,000. These dudes approved me for 4,500. The two highest cards i have right now have a limit of 1,000. shocked me. but ive been doing so well on my rebuild, that i guess they see ya boy making moves. Trying to get right for a house i wish to purchase next year.

What do you guys know about Amex cards? I currently have a Sapphire Preferred but thinking about doing an AMEX for more points; specifically the Platinum Delta SkyMiles. Anyone have any experience with this card?

What do you guys know about Amex cards? I currently have a Sapphire Preferred but thinking about doing an AMEX for more points; specifically the Platinum Delta SkyMiles. Anyone have any experience with this card?

Are you looking for Amex membership rewards points?? You won’t get that with the Delta Platinum. You’ll be getting delta miles.

If you want MR points apply for any of the following: Amex plat, Amex premier rewards gold, Amex green, or Amex everyday

Ain't been here for a while long story short

Had 540 credit
Got a MasterCard with a 20% Apr or whatever.
Years later my score is 757.
Still at the same rate but they been raising my limits every 6 months.
Do i have to call to get the rate lowered?

Is there any way to ask them to switch me to a MasterCard with bonuses? If I mention 1 specifically

Are you looking for Amex membership rewards points?? You won’t get that with the Delta Platinum. You’ll be getting delta miles.

If you want MR points apply for any of the following: Amex plat, Amex premier rewards gold, Amex green, or Amex everyday

So I wont be able to transfer those points? My coworker swears I would be able to.

Ain't been here for a while long story short

Had 540 credit
Got a MasterCard with a 20% Apr or whatever.
Years later my score is 757.
Still at the same rate but they been raising my limits every 6 months.
Do i have to call to get the rate lowered?

Is there any way to ask them to switch me to a MasterCard with bonuses? If I mention 1 specifically

Do you need the rate lowered? You should be paying off your credit cards in full each month. Don't let a balance carry over, or you are paying interest.

As far as switching cards... keep the one you have and just sign up for a new card that offers bonuses.

My Discover score went down 20 points! I went from owing $100 on my cards to $0, no other changes.

Sitting at 791 #humblebrag any tips from those that were this close to getting over 800? Just keep doing what I am doing?

Sitting at 791 #humblebrag any tips from those that were this close to getting over 800? Just keep doing what I am doing?

I was stuck between 760-780 for almost 6 months then all of a sudden this past month I had the big 30 point jump. just keep paying your bills off on in full every month after the statement cuts and try to keep your utilization low and it'll take care of itself

My Discover score went down 20 points! I went from owing $100 on my cards to $0, no other changes.

I’ve said it many times in here, gotta show some kind of revolving credit otherwise you’re score will drop

Just got a random $200 line increase on my credit one card and I've only had it for like a month and a half. Chase has also started to send me a pre approval link in my account app. Gonna wait till my next jump before I do anything

Anyone with the Alaska card? Thinking about making that move with the companion pass for free.
I’ve read good things about this card in myFICO forums. Look around over there. Only complaint people were sayin is the sign up bonus is a little low compared to other airline cards ie Amex delta

I’ve read good things about this card in myFICO forums. Look around over there. Only complaint people were sayin is the sign up bonus is a little low compared to other airline cards ie Amex delta

Read up a lot, wanted some first person NT experience. Thanks!

****ing score went down 30 points and this was AFTER I got a $200 line increase. What the hell is going on man. 21% utilization no late payments 2 open credit accounts like I'm pissed.

****ing score went down 30 points and this was AFTER I got a $200 line increase. What the hell is going on man. 21% utilization no late payments 2 open credit accounts like I'm pissed.

Don't worry about it.
It'll jump back up soon. Happened to me out of nowhere last year.

Back
Top Bottom