3/16 Lakers v. Rockets (Where 22 Happens)

Originally Posted by franchise3

I mean, nobody is asking anybody to buy into the Rockets success and whether they're for real or not.

All I know is, once Yao went down, a lot of people didn't think they'd make the playoffs.

They continue to win, but people still question who they've played and so forth.

They keep on winning.

22 in a row is 22 in a row, no matter how you slice it. It might be another 30+ years until we see a team win 20+ in a row.

They face a team that everybody think is Finals bound, albeit minus Pau Gasol, and hold them to under 100 points, like the Rockets have been doing on this streak. (Out of 22 games, only 4 teams have scored 100+ pts)

As a result, the Rockets, for a day at least is the #1 seed out West. Let's think about that for a second here.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

T-Mac doesn't have a good game, but the rest of the team steps it up in his absence.
pimp.gif

Shane with the playground hands in your face D, that contains Kobe.
laugh.gif

Rafer Skip to my freakin' Lou with 8 3PT'ers.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Keep doubting the Rockets. It's ok by us.

We'll just keep on racking up the W's and let the chips fall where they may.
pimp.gif

Pau makes a HUGE difference. All those passes Kobe was doing for Mbenga and Turiaf are usually automatic points for gasol and that would have allowed Kobeto drive past Battier every time but the absence of gasol made easy for Battier to stay in front. Not to mention Bynum being out and ariza. The lack of Bynumand gasol makes the lakers even worse than the 2004-2005 lakers
tired.gif

Rockets may even beat the 33 game streak by the '71-'72 Lakers if they keep this up. Their D is serious business.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

Originally Posted by rocboys

Kobe should have step up so the mvp it is:
1. CP3
2. Kobe

1.CP3

2. Lebron
3. T-Mac

4. D. Howard

The end.
The only group more irrational than Kobe riders are Kobe haters.

I'm pretty pissed right now, but I'll post my thoughts on the game in a bit.
The Rockets are on an amazing streak and props to them, I want to see how they do in the playoffs though

tupac003 is the realest laker fan on here. dude actually gives out criticism from their best to the worst player and gives the opponents props. that's areal fan right there.

dont be too happy rockets, all those games rockets won are against team without a decent center.

tupac003 is the realest laker fan on here. dude actually gives out criticism from their best to the worst player and gives the opponents props. that's a real fan right there.
x2

also add KB8 Sandiego , Sohi, etc...

Before i go to wash my car...

smh.gif
and
indifferent.gif
at TMac most of the game. Jesus! However, i'm glad he did step up and provided a little lift in the fourth and also glad he stuck to the TEAMgame plan and NOT try to force anything and make it a one on one thing with Kobe. This game also showed me that for the FIRST time in his ENTIRE career, Tmachas a TEAM. If this was ANY other year in his career, they would've been BLOWN out with no chance of winning if Tmac didn't score what he usuallydoes.

Secondly, RAFER ALSTON for MVP!!!!!!!! He was an ABSOLUTE BEAST tonight. He CARRIED the team the WHOLE game. Hit BIG basket after BIG Basket and pulled the "Skip ToMy Lou" at the end on that piece of %@#+ broke "Machine."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Third, Shane *%!!%%@ Battier. Dude is BY FAR, THE BEST guy in the NBA that does NOT get NO kinda recognition and i'mSOOOOO glad that the NATIONAL audience got to see and appreciate what this guy does night in and night out and NEVER complains about ANYTHING. Doesn'tcare if he doesn't get a shot the ENTIRE game, goes out and defends the BEST player on the opposite team, scraps for loose balls...He is THAT dude and iwish they made awards for Best Role Player or something cause he'd probably be the winner of 8 straight of those.

Lastly, I'm just VERY VERY happy that the Rockets didn't lose to the Lakers and get their streak snapped by theLakers. As long as that didnt' happen, i'm good.

22-0....that's SERIOUS business.

Lakers fans shouldn't wonder why people hate us. Some of you guys are immature as hell. Yes we were Pau less, but they were Yao less. It was actually apretty evenly matched game. Our PG's just got outplayed and Battier locked down Kobe. There's no need to bring playoffs into this game post. When thattime comes, it comes. As for now, Congrats to the Rockets. 22 is a row is amazing. Lakers need to take note on how the Rockets play defense.

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Lakers fans shouldn't wonder why people hate us. Some of you guys are immature as hell. Yes we were Pau less, but they were Yao less. It was actually a pretty evenly matched game. Our PG's just got outplayed and Battier locked down Kobe. There's no need to bring playoffs into this game post. When that time comes, it comes. As for now, Congrats to the Rockets. 22 is a row is amazing. Lakers need to take note on how the Rockets play defense.

thank you
pimp.gif

rafer!!!!!
lots of salty people in here
laugh.gif
but there are also a couple ofrockets fans who are a little annoying on here...yall making the rest of us look bad. calm down with the !%$@ talking.

I think we need a "Kobe is Officially out of the MVP race appreciation post" pronto. This 4 game stretch that the Lakers were own were gonnadetermined whether he's MVP worthy or not, and so far it's not looking good at all. 2 straight blowout with the next 2 against the Mavs and the Jazz?Game over. Lakers have no chance in hell against those teams.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

The Lakers always make average pg's teams look great
eyes.gif
fixed that for you sir

laugh.gif
at you if you honestly believe that. #1 in the best conference in years [Rakim/Ain't no joke/Rakim].

average team my $%!, the D they play is top 3 in the league along with the Spurs and Pistons.
What do the Spurs and Pistons have in common?

You figure it out

Lakers honestly had the game but without two key missing centers and the refs on the home team's side throughout most of the 1st half whut can youexpect....especially since during the 1st half kobe was forcing shots since most of the team was standing around...but it was good defense which turned intoeasy FG's by rockets....all in all it's one game and nothing really matters until playoff time hits the air.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

I think we need a "Kobe is Officially out of the MVP race appreciation post" pronto. This 4 game stretch that the Lakers were own were gonna determined whether he's MVP worthy or not, and so far it's not looking good at all. 2 straight blowout with the next 2 against the Mavs and the Jazz? Game over. Lakers have no chance in hell against those teams.

Please stop trolling, you just make up dumb stuff to get people rilled up in arguments.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Lakers #1.....will be the most feared team in the playoffs...

indifferent.gif
Feared? By who? I'm sure the Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Rocketsand Jazz are shaking in their pants. All those teams have more chemistry and much more experience than the Lakers and they're much better defensively. Anyof those teams will take the Lakers out in 4-5 games Easily.

Damn, it's unbelievable how some PG's crush our defense, that pick and roll is very effective. Especially a PG who can shoot 3's.

The way the Lakers are playing, it looks like they are going to draw a 0 on this road trip.

Back
Top Bottom