300: Rise of an Empire | OT | Official Trailer #2 PG7

You not liking avatar is completely different to it sucking.

You should distinguish the two. 

Your opinion of what's good in movie is not universal.

Avatar is a great movie, whether you think so or not.

No it sucked, its one of the worst movies ever made

It was a horrible movie whether you think so or not.

No it sucked, its one of the worst movies ever made

It was a horrible movie whether you think so or not.
You watched the movie with a bias from the beginning. 

So everything you're saying about the movie is based on how good you wanted it to be.

You didn't watch it with an open mind.

Which is why you feel the need to trash the movie, even though it's been getting good scores/reviews since its relsease.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/?ref_=sr_1

I recently watched Kill Bill Vol. 1/2.

I liked 1, but I didn't like 2.

I'm not going to say that vol. 2 sucked because I didn't like it.

I can see why people really like vol 2. though.

You're opinion of the movie is your opinion.

The consensus is that avatar is a good movie.

Last edited:
Thats a cop out response but ok.

I didnt go in with a bias, I heard this movie was an all time great so I decided to watch it. Not only did it not fit the definition of great, but it was horrible. If it was just an average movie, I could see your point, but it was mind numbingly bad. I would have said the same thing about the movie if the following wasnt as big as it was.

People are sheep so those IMDB ratings mean nothing.

Movie is trash.

I didnt go in with a bias, I heard this movie was an all time great so I decided to watch it. Not only did it not fit the definition of great, but it was horrible. If it was just an average movie, I could see your point, but it was mind numbingly bad. I would have said the same thing about the movie if the following wasnt as big as it was.

Movie is trash.

Who the hell do you talk to that said it was an all time great? I don't know anybody who has said that. My friends and I all enjoyed the movie. The story wasn't original at all but it wasn't a bad movie.

Movie is trash.
Bias was the wrong word. You probably watched the movie with an slightly unealistic expectation.

You keep saying it was bad, but all you're really saying is that you didn't like it.

You didn't like it, but the movie isn't bad. 

That's my point. 

You can have your opinion of thinking avatar is bad, but just realize that very few people agree with you.

People are sheep. If so, you're also a sheep.

Someone told you it's great and you seemingly immediately watched it.

You expected it to be great just because they said it was great.

Isn't that an example of being a sheep?

I watched avatar when the hype died down.

You can slander avatar all you want, but don't pretend that your slander is valid.

I remember the thread for 300 when it released on NT... yo no lie for the first time on NT every single person posting in that thread unanimously love 300 there wasn't one person saying it was bad, well there was one person but he was just doing it to troll, but every single person in that thread was saying that was one of the GOAT they've ever seen :lol:

I loved 300 I would watch that sh.. a lot more, but my girl says I watch too much of those "guy" movies... Scarface, 300, Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator...

But, 300 is my movie and she knows that, Forrest Gump too but on the low :lol:, so when I put it on she always be with the "you're not tired of looking at that movie so many times"

Showed her the back of my hand and sent her on her way to the kitchen so she can fix me a samich...

Well yeah Reddit sucks.

When people have to say "You need to see it in Imax to get it" That tells you that we're talking about a bad movie. I should be able to watch a movie on my ipod and be entertained. That movie sucks.

Well yeah Reddit sucks.

When people have to say "You need to see it in Imax to get it" That tells you that we're talking about a bad movie. I should be able to watch a movie on my ipod and be entertained. That movie sucks.

You sir, have no idea what you are talking about besides your opinion..... all of the hype for Avatar was 100% based on the visual effects and immersive 3D. Every film fan with basic knowledge knows James Camerons scripts are going to be average dialogue wise and no one was expecting much in that department. The story was Ferngully x Last of the Mohicans, nothing groundbreaking, when people were saying how great the film is they were talking about how it looked. period.

Avatar in imax3d was by far the greatest movie watching experience i've ever had..... the story was basic screenwriting for dummies.

Will watch and complained it sucks ...waits till it comes on Netflix rinse and repeat.

Battle epics never suck as long as there's shields and swords pounding with blood everywhere....and limbs getting sliced off in ill choreographed cinematic ways.

You sound like you're making up stuff that people have said to you. Seeing something in imax shouldn't help someone's understanding of the movie. People already knew the visuals were going to be great from the trailers.

Someone said that imax thing on NT.

I'm shocked that people are really basing the quality of a movie solely on how it looks. Different strokes for different folks. That movie is terrible and i will never watch it again.

:stoneface: @ Dudes saying this will suck.

Can y'all atleast wait for images/trailers reviews to come out before saying anything?

The movie got pushed back because 300 came out March 9th so they wanted ROAE to also be released at that time.

:stoneface: @ Dudes saying this will suck.

Can y'all atleast wait for images/trailers reviews to come out before saying anything?

The movie got pushed back because 300 came out March 9th so they wanted ROAE to also be released at that time.

I think its gonna be epic...its the SAME people behind the first one doing this....different director but Zach Snyder co wrote the script and producing so he's got heavy influence on it. Plus its based off another graphic novel by the same guy.....People weren't jocking Gerard Butler in Dracula 2000 talking about he gotta be LEONIDAS.

Don't you think if the movie was that good they wouldn't have to delay it?

I don't know why they're delaying it...but i'd rather them take the time to make it as best as possible. SO this can make it even better, no need to think its going to be worst by it getting delayed

Well yeah Reddit sucks.

You think reddit sucks because you can't navigate  through the site. That's the most un-valid reason as to why a site sucks.

I didn't watch Avatar in the theaters. I watched it after it came out on bluray.

That doesn't mean that it's a bad movie, it just means that it enhances the good qualities of the movie.

For instance, I wish I would have seen avatar in 3d or seen tdkr in imax. 

It would have made those movies that much better.

Watching movies on an ipod?

lol wut?
This coming from the dude who hates reddit.com?
The movie isn't bad.
You didn't like.
End of story.
Yeah you are kinda mad 
laugh.gif
How am I mad? I don't have stock in Avatar nor is it my fav. movie.

Last edited:
"Cant" and "Dont want to because the layout is horrendous" are two different things. Reddits layout is what makes it terrible, if they ever changed it, then I would go because I'm sure theres good content there. NT> Reddit

Well I didnt care about the visuals of Avatar that much, the blue people looked disgusting, what makes the movie bad is that horrible plot. Its like third graders wrote it.

People kept saying that its because I didnt see Avatar in X format that I didnt enjoy it, however I could watch the Dark Knight on my ipod and be captivated by it. Why? Because that movie isnt terrible, its actually great, the same cant be said for Avatar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom