Originally Posted by ricky409

i want in on one...
how much they paying?
They don't pay you, you EARN whatever you make. Only 1/10 people who are actually accepted are still there within 5 years but you can make in the 6 figures if you're good and work hard at it.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

i want in on one...
how much they paying?
They don't pay you, you EARN whatever you make. Only 1/10 people who are actually accepted are still there within 5 years but you can make in the 6 figures if you're good and work hard at it.

being a financial advisor?

i want in on one...
how much they paying?

Yes. They might give you a small draw your first year, but you'll have to complete a certain amount in sales. Otherwise, you may end up owing them for the money they advanced you.

It can be a very rewarding and profitable career, but there are also downsides to consider too. I'm not sure about Merrill Lynch specifically, but when I interviewed with a couple companies, they basically said I would be making over 100 calls per day for the first year or two. During that time, you're not really a financial adviser so much as a cold calling sales person.

Not to discourage you though. I just hate talking on the phone and couldn't see myself doing that to put food on the table.

Yes. They might give you a small draw your first year, but you'll have to complete a certain amount in sales. Otherwise, you may end up owing them for the money they advanced you.

It can be a very rewarding and profitable career, but there are also downsides to consider too. I'm not sure about Merrill Lynch specifically, but when I interviewed with a couple companies, they basically said I would be making over 100 calls per day for the first year or two. During that time, you're not really a financial adviser so much as a cold calling sales person.

Not to discourage you though. I just hate talking on the phone and couldn't see myself doing that to put food on the table.
this is how i feel about my current job.  I'm a market researcher and this is what i basically do all day long.  Ready to move on from it

What do you do?
well, i know the first thing they do is take you into a room where you sign over your soul... not too sure of what happens afterwards

Back
Top Bottom