50 "cross trainers" that need to be retroed. Get to work Nike

Originally Posted by bull3t

This is the colorway I was talking about. Kids at my school went berzerk over these, everyone had a pair (except me). I need these bad.

Grape-Ice-1large-1226288389.jpg

Air Turmoil Mid- Black/White-Grape Ice-Canyon Gold
wow those are hard i like the reds too ille take any pair i can get at this point.

good list Wally, but until I see a good quality, true to the original retro of any Air Trainer then I won't be too hyped about anything Nike retros these days.

good list Wally, but until I see a good quality, true to the original retro of any Air Trainer then I won't be too hyped about anything Nike retros these days.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

1989 Air Trainer TW II:
1990%20Air-Trainer-Tw-indigo--Fire-Red-6492-6830-1large.jpg

-Maybe the bitterest moment as a trainer fan was the day we saw Supreme was retroing this model and making it highly limited. Then NikeSB takes them over and releases more crap. A model 17 years old at the time, gets retroed for the first time and not one of the colorways since then, now four years later, has been an original? Blasphemy.

I love all those, but these are my grail.

Bring them back, in monochromatic colourways.

That pair on the left i rocked into the ground, need them sooooo bad.

NIKE!

1989 Air Trainer TW II:
1990%20Air-Trainer-Tw-indigo--Fire-Red-6492-6830-1large.jpg

-Maybe the bitterest moment as a trainer fan was the day we saw Supreme was retroing this model and making it highly limited. Then NikeSB takes them over and releases more crap. A model 17 years old at the time, gets retroed for the first time and not one of the colorways since then, now four years later, has been an original? Blasphemy.

I love all those, but these are my grail.

Bring them back, in monochromatic colourways.

That pair on the left i rocked into the ground, need them sooooo bad.

NIKE!

Several highly coppable kicks in here. All I want are my Huarache 94 Trainers and I can die a happy man (unless I can get a pair of Nike Air Moneys too)...

Several highly coppable kicks in here. All I want are my Huarache 94 Trainers and I can die a happy man (unless I can get a pair of Nike Air Moneys too)...

An incredible post. I just read every word of it.

My vote goes to the Air Max line of trainers. There's nothing like a rugged, comfortable, locked down air max...

An incredible post. I just read every word of it.

My vote goes to the Air Max line of trainers. There's nothing like a rugged, comfortable, locked down air max...

2000 Air Griffey IV
mad.gif

1999%20%20Air%20Griffey%20IV.jpg

-With three of the more popular griffey models being retroed (griffey 1 emerald and freshwater and the griffey 2 black), this one in my opinion stands above the griffey III, on the "next in line" list.

1999 Total Air Pillar
mad.gif

1998%20Total%20Air%20Pillar%20.jpg

-Some reports in various thread here at NT state this might be too complex to have a retro done. We still DEMAND them though.

1998 Total Air Bus:
1998%20Nike%20Air%20Total%20Bus.jpg

-Jerome Bettis sig. If other obscure runners or basketball shoes get retroed, why not these?

1998 Air Ubiquitous Max:
1998%20Air%20Ubiquitous%20Max.jpg

-Apparently a Jerry Rice sig. Unique, some what ugly. Falls into that "why not" category. I've seen molds created for far more complex retros that flopped.

1997 Air Zoom Turf Jet:
1997%20Nike%20Air%20Zoom%20Turf%20Jet.jpg

-Many call these the "Brett Favres". With the Barry Sanders retros being done a couple years back, why not these?

1997 Air Super Zoom:
1997%20Nike%20Air%20Super%20Zoom.jpg

-Michael Schumacher Edition. Maybe these flop. Maybe they don't. Give them a chance

1996 Air Streak Max:
1996%20Air-Streak-Max-white-Silver-178024-101-1large.jpg

-Released in all sorts of team colors. For the retro, maybe a simple white/black to start things off. aka the "Reggie Whites"

1996 Air Muscle Max:
1996%20Air-Muscle-Max-pearl-Grey-178016-012-1large.jpg

-Screams 'rugged' to me. Just feels and looks like a classic. Hard to explain.

1995 Air Speed Turf Max:
1995%20Air-Speed-Turf-Max-voltage-Yellow--New-Spruce-173066-011-173066-131-1large.jpg

-aka " Marinos". Maybe one of the most highly requested retros I've seen on the forums. Nike, give us both

1995 Air Diamond Fury Mid:
1995%20Air-Diamond-Fury-Mid-mariner-Emerald--173045-012-large.jpg

-The Ken Griffey Jr. c/w before he had his own shoe.

1995 Air Barrage:
1995%20Air-Barrage-Mid-blackwhite-178000-011-1large.jpg

-Love it or hate it shoe. Worn by the likes of Marshall Faulk.

1994 Air Diamond Turf II:
1994%20Air-Diamond-Turf-Ii-fire-Red-173040-611-1large.jpg

-The white and black colorways are okay, but the red majority upper with gold accent is where this models strives for excellence.

.... BTW.

How do you know or why do you call all of these "trainers"?

2000 Air Griffey IV
mad.gif

1999%20%20Air%20Griffey%20IV.jpg

-With three of the more popular griffey models being retroed (griffey 1 emerald and freshwater and the griffey 2 black), this one in my opinion stands above the griffey III, on the "next in line" list.

1999 Total Air Pillar
mad.gif

1998%20Total%20Air%20Pillar%20.jpg

-Some reports in various thread here at NT state this might be too complex to have a retro done. We still DEMAND them though.

1998 Total Air Bus:
1998%20Nike%20Air%20Total%20Bus.jpg

-Jerome Bettis sig. If other obscure runners or basketball shoes get retroed, why not these?

1998 Air Ubiquitous Max:
1998%20Air%20Ubiquitous%20Max.jpg

-Apparently a Jerry Rice sig. Unique, some what ugly. Falls into that "why not" category. I've seen molds created for far more complex retros that flopped.

1997 Air Zoom Turf Jet:
1997%20Nike%20Air%20Zoom%20Turf%20Jet.jpg

-Many call these the "Brett Favres". With the Barry Sanders retros being done a couple years back, why not these?

1997 Air Super Zoom:
1997%20Nike%20Air%20Super%20Zoom.jpg

-Michael Schumacher Edition. Maybe these flop. Maybe they don't. Give them a chance

1996 Air Streak Max:
1996%20Air-Streak-Max-white-Silver-178024-101-1large.jpg

-Released in all sorts of team colors. For the retro, maybe a simple white/black to start things off. aka the "Reggie Whites"

1996 Air Muscle Max:
1996%20Air-Muscle-Max-pearl-Grey-178016-012-1large.jpg

-Screams 'rugged' to me. Just feels and looks like a classic. Hard to explain.

1995 Air Speed Turf Max:
1995%20Air-Speed-Turf-Max-voltage-Yellow--New-Spruce-173066-011-173066-131-1large.jpg

-aka " Marinos". Maybe one of the most highly requested retros I've seen on the forums. Nike, give us both

1995 Air Diamond Fury Mid:
1995%20Air-Diamond-Fury-Mid-mariner-Emerald--173045-012-large.jpg

-The Ken Griffey Jr. c/w before he had his own shoe.

1995 Air Barrage:
1995%20Air-Barrage-Mid-blackwhite-178000-011-1large.jpg

-Love it or hate it shoe. Worn by the likes of Marshall Faulk.

1994 Air Diamond Turf II:
1994%20Air-Diamond-Turf-Ii-fire-Red-173040-611-1large.jpg

-The white and black colorways are okay, but the red majority upper with gold accent is where this models strives for excellence.

.... BTW.

How do you know or why do you call all of these "trainers"?

Well, the Pillars were definitely a trainer. I remember seeing them either in an Eastbay or Nike catalog under "Cross Trainers". The same applies to most of the models you listed.

For the baseball and football kicks, since their "main" shoe was a cleat, the way Nike would categorized them back then was to generalized them as a "trainer".
Back then, I don't think they had a football or baseball "sneaker"... it was just cleats.

Well, the Pillars were definitely a trainer. I remember seeing them either in an Eastbay or Nike catalog under "Cross Trainers". The same applies to most of the models you listed.

For the baseball and football kicks, since their "main" shoe was a cleat, the way Nike would categorized them back then was to generalized them as a "trainer".
Back then, I don't think they had a football or baseball "sneaker"... it was just cleats.

I've been trying to find photos of the old Air Max Field General trainer (Kordell Stewart), but failed miserably. Anyone have these or pictures?

I've been trying to find photos of the old Air Max Field General trainer (Kordell Stewart), but failed miserably. Anyone have these or pictures?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Yeah, thanks!
But, I meant, was it stated in the box? in a nike catalog?
Nike has released several cross trainers later than 1994 but all of them had the word "trainer" or "cross training" in his name or stated in the shoe (See pics):

2dceeec.jpg
Nike air cross trainer II (in its name and on the tongue)
2hhonxe.jpg
Nike air trainer XT (in its name)

25sswwl.jpg
Nike air create (stated on the tongue)

...but I can't find a reason to consider my previous list (those later than 1994) as "pure cross trainers".
I hope Wally can shed a light on this...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Yeah, thanks!
But, I meant, was it stated in the box? in a nike catalog?
Nike has released several cross trainers later than 1994 but all of them had the word "trainer" or "cross training" in his name or stated in the shoe (See pics):

2dceeec.jpg
Nike air cross trainer II (in its name and on the tongue)
2hhonxe.jpg
Nike air trainer XT (in its name)

25sswwl.jpg
Nike air create (stated on the tongue)

...but I can't find a reason to consider my previous list (those later than 1994) as "pure cross trainers".
I hope Wally can shed a light on this...

^ Ah, I see what you're saying... no, they didn't say "trainer" on the box though...

Here in this catalog scan, as you can see, they're under "Men's Cross-Training"... Diamond Turfs mixed in with the Trainer Accels and Carnivores.

Grifs mixed in with some presumably football trainers under "Turf Training"... but still considered to be "Training".

1996-nfl-nike-2.jpg

As for a "Cross Trainer" vs just "Trainer" discussion... I'll just leave that to Wally... 
laugh.gif

^ Ah, I see what you're saying... no, they didn't say "trainer" on the box though...

Here in this catalog scan, as you can see, they're under "Men's Cross-Training"... Diamond Turfs mixed in with the Trainer Accels and Carnivores.

Grifs mixed in with some presumably football trainers under "Turf Training"... but still considered to be "Training".

1996-nfl-nike-2.jpg

As for a "Cross Trainer" vs just "Trainer" discussion... I'll just leave that to Wally... 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom