65k saved up what to invest some in?

put 20k into gold and silver.... 60 percent gold 40 silver

do as u please withthe rest... that 20k will be 65k in a couple yrs...

Originally Posted by nkwu11

Originally Posted by solesavage

Mez 0ne wrote:
I would avoid stock knowledge on a board like Niketalk fyi.

Why? I've gathered up tons of good information from fellow NT'ers who are definitely knowledgable.
I think the lesson here is just... take any advice from NT like any other advice from the internet. It can be great information, but you have to do your own due diligence. I'm not sure if some NTers are actually vigilant 
laugh.gif

Pretty much, and if I were to look for financial advice on a message board as a last resort I would visit a site that have members who are a bit more knowledgeable when it comes to those things.

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

i don't know if you realized this or not, but the stock market hasn't been this down since the huge crash in '08...

i'd just hold on to that money until things start to work themselves out.

This means that it's an excellent time to invest.  Do tons of research, invest in companies that will weather the storm and maybe pay a nice dividend.  Having said that, it's extremely difficult to 'time' the market so be sure that you're in it for a while and don't put all your eggs in one basket (diversify that 65k across different investment vehicles, including stocks, and don't put all that stock dough into one equity).

Thanks for the advice guys.think I'm gonna go with buying the house,its a short sale and ill get a 15 year mortgage with a rate in the 3s live in the first floor and rent the second and attic and let the crib pay itself off.after a year ill move back home and rent the whole house.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

lol I need tips on how to save up to 65K...
frown.gif

Easiest money I have ever made was when I started the mortgage bussines. I was a highschool dropout and smoked weed my entire life.someone handed me a flyer that said do u want to make easy money as a loan officer and I gave it a shot.bought a few books on great motivational speakers and guru salesmen like Tom Hopkins. Haven't looked back since making over 100k last year and on pace to make 130 this year.all u need is a clean background history and fairly de ent credit. For those that feel they would be great sales people on the phones give it a shot.
props bro
smokin.gif

If I had $65K here is what I would do:
Locate an existing local business for sale on one of many businesses for sale websites out there, that is priced at about $100K or less. You can usually get seller financing with a 50% down payment. Find a business that is staffed, preferably with a manager in place (so you don't have to do the labor yourself), has been in business for at least 3-4 years (proven track record of sales and income), and one that you feel you can grow through additional marketing efforts (this doesn't have to cost much). 

Depending on your location, patience and enterprise abilities you should be able to find a good fit that can throw off numbers similar to below:

$100,000 purchase price

$50,000 down payment ($15,000 operating capital) w/ $50,000 note to seller which equals about $1,000 a month debt service payment for 5 years at 8%.

Annual Business gross sales income $275,000

Annual Business net income to owner after all expenses and debt service payments $65,000

If you properly manage the business and/or grow it then when you decide to sell you should be able to make a decent profit on the sale of the business compared to what you originally paid for it as well, perhaps sell it for $125,000 when that time comes. 

So to sum up you buy a business for $50K out of pocket that returns to you after all expenses about $65K per year and basically pays its own note off and if run right holds its value or grows in value. Someone out there please tell me a better legal investment then that! Now there will be some time you have to invest in learning the business and marketing it, etc. but if you have some business sense and an entrepreneurial spirit that is the fun part anyways!

If you have the capital to invest and are smart about it you can replicate this same thing I just explained every year or two with a whole new other business. I would even buy complimentary businesses so that they could feed off of each other and share clients. 

Now you could just drop your cash in "gold" or "stocks" but I trust my own ability to grow my money over some stock broker or day trader, especially in todays unstable markets. 

Back
Top Bottom