A closer look at TO's History with the Media

How in the hell did dude gloss over Chris Mortenson
laugh.gif
????

"The Texanswill select USC running back Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in this April'sNFL draft, team and league sources told Chris Mortensen," ESPN.com declared daysbefore the 2006 NFL Draft. The next day, Mortensen added that "no matterwhat anyone says," Houstonwas "certain" to draft Bush. On Friday night before the noon Saturdaystart of the draft, the Texans used their first choice on Mario Williams. At 10a.m. Saturday as ESPN draft coverage began, host Suzy Kolber asked an in-studioESPN panel if any were surprised by the Texans taking Williams instead of Bush.All the panelists said they were very surprised -- except for Mortensen, whodeclared that he had never expected Bush to be chosen first. Kolber asked aboutthe reports Bush would go first, and Mortensen answered with a sneer, "Those projections were made by the media." Mortensen declaredhe had known since Thursday that the Texans were choosing Williams.

During the summer of dogfighting Mort officially reported that MichaelVick was unlikely to get indicted. He gotindicted a few weeks later.

In 2007 Mort gave the guarantee that Ron Rivera was the next Cowboys Coach.A day later they hired Wade Philips. A few days later Mort said on the air thathe had always known the job would go to Phillips.

Mortsaid that Eli Manning would "officially" miss a month to start the2007 season. Eli played every game.

Thenit was Jon Gruden putting Mort on blast for reporting a few years ago thatQB Jeff Garcia had a hairline fracture in his back, before Gruden or his staffhad even seen the XRays. Turns out it was simply a bruised back. Mort "Doesn't have a (bleeping) idea what he's talking about" said Gruden.

Mortthen reported the “Bill Parcells to Atlantaguarantee.

My favorite current football player.  T.O. got done dirty by the media during his career, but it really doesn't matter though cause he'll be in the Hall Of Fame once he retires.

My favorite current football player.  T.O. got done dirty by the media during his career, but it really doesn't matter though cause he'll be in the Hall Of Fame once he retires.

sorry for the quality, but 5 years ago yesterday, one of the best moments ever in the history of espn or live tv

its missing some footage, so please feel free to post if you got the full video or even one of better quality

sorry for the quality, but 5 years ago yesterday, one of the best moments ever in the history of espn or live tv

its missing some footage, so please feel free to post if you got the full video or even one of better quality

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
RyGUy the mort report is so bogus.
laugh.gif

You know whats worse, Scouts Inc on ESPN Insider which includes everyone's favorite, Todd McShay
sick.gif

I will never spend another dime on that garbage.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
RyGUy the mort report is so bogus.
laugh.gif

You know whats worse, Scouts Inc on ESPN Insider which includes everyone's favorite, Todd McShay
sick.gif

I will never spend another dime on that garbage.

I've always liked TO. He's just real competitive and really wants to win, and I respect that. Really, he's one of my favorite 49ers and I was sad to see him go.
He's gotten lots of undeserved "hate" by ESPN for things that probably go on in most locker rooms. They just magnify his actions X100 so then it looks worse than it is.

I've always liked TO. He's just real competitive and really wants to win, and I respect that. Really, he's one of my favorite 49ers and I was sad to see him go.
He's gotten lots of undeserved "hate" by ESPN for things that probably go on in most locker rooms. They just magnify his actions X100 so then it looks worse than it is.

Back
Top Bottom