A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
previous generations had the benefits of a stronger dollar, higher relative wages, lower house prices, much lower % of tuition from loans - and oh ya - the dependency programming wasn't nearly as strong...

i haven't lived at home since i was 17 but one shouldn't reduce the problem to only laziness

it's actually an indicator as to how the economy is doing - and it will never be the 1950's again (when this country peaked)
where's that baby boomer meme

Sweet poll troll.

Obama ain't got much of anything to do with this, but he's FAR from the GOAT.

#teamdolo

Last edited:
Im a broke boy so i still stay with moms.

I see a problem with it but at the same time i dont. Im the youngest of my siblings and im the only one who actually sees her and talks to her on a regular basis and i feel like someone has to be here for her.

I see a problem with it but at the same time i dont. Im the youngest of my siblings and im the only one who actually sees her and talks to her on a regular basis and i feel like someone has to be here for her.

you'll have to be the one there for her when she is old - is how that can work

you tell me?
Old_Economy_Steve.png

OES5.jpg

old-economy-steve.jpg

old_economy_steven_07.jpg

And my all time favorite

images

same here, as much as I want to move out I don't think the guilt of leaving her solo would let me live at ease.

I like this one too

at least he had shoes to walk in the snow to school (or work) in

the opposite side though is that a lot of positive boomers were taken advantage (in part by other boomers) imo
there was a great waste which is sad

Living on your own > saving money. There is so much you learn by living on your own. 25 and got a curfew? That's terrible and unless you hit it big one time you'll end up a smuck. Cats move outta there moms straight to there girls; y'all don't understand how much of an adult it makes you, having to pay bills, sacrifice, but being free, parents not bugging you, having friends over, having girls over at 3am, partying until 3am for no damn reason other than Tuesday; generally being an adult > saving money. If you're smart you'll plan it out correctly and have both, they're not mutually exclusive.

Obama is not to blame ballooning costs of tuition are at the state level and this 'go to college, get debt and be happy, culture we live in is to blame. It's not for everyone and college doesn't necessarily make you 'educated' it means you're fortunate, but your not necessarily smarter, more well read or generally better than anyone else.

Tuition costs are sanctioned by the states (at least the public universities) if we voted to cap tuition rates at X, then school wouldn't cost as much and people wouldn't take out so many loans. Naturally, some colleges won't be able to sustain themselves. There are to many colleges anyway, one community college per county, two state schools (lower standards to attend), one school per major city, two liberal arts schools, four vocational schools and call it a day..there are to many schools.

Living on your own > saving money. There is so much you learn by living on your own.

That's a valid point, but depending on the type of job you have and the amount of bills you have to pay.

I don't want to have to live paycheck to paycheck. Needing those OT hours.

That's a valid point, but depending on the type of job you have and the amount of bills you have to pay.

I don't want to have to live paycheck to paycheck. Needing those OT hours.

I mean, in my twenties, with no kids I can do it and eventually you'll learn/grow in your career. Living on your own could help your career, parties or 'get togethers' I get living at home and stacking, but reality, A) you can do both if you're smart B) most people make the bulk of their income @30+. It's also socially acceptable for people to be broke in their twenties. Idk, I can't live under another persons rules. No matter how much freedom you have, you're not free til you pay your own bills. Freedom is better than breathing.

Overall, it's about what type of person you are, I personally don't consider anyone living at home after twenty-four an adult, I look at you like I look at 18 year olds, I don't care what your bank account says, money is a means to an end, not an end in itself. To me the end is being a man, a man is self efficient, I strive everyday to be that, little by little.

Last edited:
I live with my mom to support because she has a medical condition and can't find work,I pay rent and try my best with her bills what does that make me?? :sad

Last edited:
I mean, in my twenties, with no kids I can do it and eventually you'll learn/grow in your career. Living on your own could help your career, parties or 'get togethers' I get living at home and stacking, but reality, A) you can do both if you're smart B) most people make the bulk of their income @30+. It's also socially acceptable for people to be broke in their twenties. Idk, I can't live under another persons rules. No matter how much freedom you have, you're not free til you pay your own bills. Freedom is better than breathing.

Overall, it's about what type of person you are, I personally don't consider anyone living at home after twenty-four an adult, I look at you like I look at 18 year olds, I don't care what your bank account says, money is a means to an end, not an end in itself. To me the end is being a man, a man is self efficient, I strive everyday to be that, little by little.

So what about those that went to Med/Law School and racked up even more debt? Would you not consider them adults if they lived at home for a year or two so they could pay down student loans?

I'm pretty sure you can also be self sufficient and be a man at the same while living with family.

Then again I guess it just depends on family culture and the situation.

"stacking money" can easily translate into being a leech... I mean, how much money can a person really be stacking if they're helping out with bills, rent, and paying for their own stuff... its the equivalent of having a roommate -- so why not just get a roommate that isn't your mom?

IMO the only way to stack is to not be paying your weight...

Last edited:
THIS ^ I only believe half the people that still live with parents and helping with bills. the other half buying multiple shoes weekly and drive M3s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom