A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I live at home still. Not proud to admit it but it is what it is. Older people tell me that I shouldnt rush, but at some point you just want to be dolo. I dont have a curfew. I can vome and go as I please. Know plenty of people from school that still live home. Rent in NYC will kill you and having to depend on roommates isn't what's up just to say you live on your own. I don't mooch. I pay the utilities every month along with my own responsibilities. Millenials were screwed over by Baby Boomers who had everything handed to them.

Im from the islands Im not allowed to move out until Im married
Since Im going to be a cat lady who knows when Im leaving
My sis was making 70k a year as a PT and she didnt leave until she got married at 30.

Im afraid of the dark I cant live alone

I'll say this.

If you are going to school I can't knock living at home.

If you like my man with two kids I can't knock that because the most important thing is the little ones well being.

But you dudes with full time jobs and staying at the crib just because I just can't rock with it.

Somebody posted about a dude making 50K an struggling. Man that's life, its how you mature. Nobody wants to fight for anything anymore and just want to be comfortable. Man **** comfortable, desperation makes **** happen.

Region also has a lot to do with it.

I can't blame yall ny, bay area,dc, and la cats for not leaving, rent is :x in those areas.

With women it's different, my lil sis 23 and I don't think she'll leave my parents house til she gets married

Back in the day . You could have one income households (families ) and afford to live . Nowadays for families that doesn't really happen . At least not where im from . Things were easier .

Last edited:
ironic how increased number of females in the workforce resulted in 2 incomes being needed to sustain a household now. Employee compensation didn't grow relative to the standard of living, it's just shared now smh But most importantly, who the hell is raising these kids that are gonna be living with you in the future?

I'll say this.

If you are going to school I can't knock living at home.

If you like my man with two kids I can't knock that because the most important thing is the little ones well being.

But you dudes with full time jobs and staying at the crib just because I just can't rock with it.

Somebody posted about a dude making 50K an struggling. Man that's life, its how you mature. Nobody wants to fight for anything anymore and just want to be comfortable. Man **** comfortable, desperation makes **** happen.

50k after taxes is just around mid 30s. Factor in rent, bills, your other debt. Yeah you're on your own but literally living check to check. All about the struggle though. It makes you a man.

I can't blame folks who live like this, back in the day college ain't cost this much, apartments didn't cost this much, food and utilities didn't cost this much, cars didn't cost this much.

It's just a different time we live in. I can't knock the next man so long as they're saving, working, going to school, actually doing things to secure their future.

50k in NYC ain't ****...cost of living is too crazy up there

In the south 50k can go a very long way but obviously you're downgrading a booming city life to something more laid back

In the south 50k can go a very long way but obviously you're downgrading a booming city life to something more laid back

Then move.

Like I said, no one wants to be uncomfortable. If you can't afford to live somewhere with what you make, move.

I dont blame anyone for living at home still. It's a different climate these days out there. Family is meant to help each other out. I do share the sentiment that kids shouldn't leech though. I dunno.. that's the culture I was grown up with. With that said... I'm still at home lol (will probably be moving out in a couple months for PT school.)

Then move.

Like I said, no one wants to be uncomfortable. If you can't afford to live somewhere with what you make, move.

I don't live in NYC...I was just supporting rells post...

question for yall

do you think moving out and struggling will build character and make you a stronger and more responsible and lead to you better managing your money?
I definitely do man. It's a reality check when you move out; not being able to buy everything you want and knowing you have priorities in order to keep that roof over your head. I struggled, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

turned 27 on sunday... still living with mom by choice.

stacking money>living by yourself

It's understandable save for your future bro no need to make a dumb financial move if not needed be

Lol at dudes bringing up ninjahood

She was cheating on me and left with some other dude. My daughters ain't even know she exist nor remember her .

Good jobu a real brother for thay that's a bigger priority and responsibility than living in your own crib see dudes quik to jump with the.mouth not.knowing circumstances
Props to you stay blessed family

Enjoy da poolhouse...

If Carlton acts up just tell em you got.kids taller.than him bruh
It's yo poolhouse lol

Last edited:

Agreed, that comfort develops complacency, seen it happen plenty

Certainly not denying that some circumstances make it a choice of necessity, but seems more often it's just a choice to achieve a lifestyle that would be otherwise unattainable (generally in the near term).

Admittedly I never struggled since I got my first real job, but I also never inflated my standard of living with the help of others. Living isn't suppose to be easy from the get go, IMO you need to make your bones to achieve the lifestyle you desire, not rely others, esp family if they supported you all along the way.

Its ****** up out here I ain't judging nobody

Back
Top Bottom