Active shooter reported at college in Mississippi

EddieDoyers

formerly eddiengambino
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Delta State University officials say they have locked down their campus after there were reports of an active shooter on campus.

University spokeswoman Jennifer Farish confirmed that the lock down began Monday morning and that students, faculty and staff are being advised to take shelter.

The university's Twitter account says the active shooter was spotted near Jobe Hall.

Multiple law enforcement agencies are responding.

The 3,500-student university is in Cleveland, in Mississippi's Delta region near the Arkansas-Mississippi state line.

Heard a professor was killed
mean.gif

Everytime something like this happens I literally dont even sigh or anything anymore. Happens way too often now that im desensitized.

But guns aren't why people are killing people... It's how... But that's insignificant... If ninja darts were the most modernized weapon, people would be using ninja stars to kill people...

They don't wanna hear you tho

I'll never understand how guns are the problem it's like blaming cars after some drunk runs someone over

It's not so much the guns, but how easy it is to acquire one.

IMO, there need to be stricter regulations. MUCH stricter.

NRA is powerful, tho...so despite all of these mass shootings we've had over the years, I remain doubtful that any laws will be changed significantly.

It's crazy how certain terroristic incidents can change the way we go through security at airports and the way we travel/prepare to travel, etc....but we're still discussing the same **** after school shootings :smh:

Last edited:
I've got no issue with making it harder to aquire a gun... But if you were to outlaw guns, entire states would attempt to succeed from the US... There should definitely be a once a year mandatory psychological test you are required to take... As well as a gun safety and "respect" class...

But how many gun crimes are committed by people who own guns legally anyways?...

NRA is powerful, tho...so despite all of these mass shootings we've had over the years, I remain doubtful that any laws will be changed significantly.

It's crazy how certain terroristic incidents can change the way we go through security at airports and the way we travel/prepare to travel, etc....but we're still discussing the same **** after school shootings
mean.gif
Seriously after nothing changed after Sandy Hook i've lost pretty much lost all hope that gun control will happen...kids died and nothing changed 
mean.gif

Last edited:

It's crazy how certain terroristic incidents can change the way we go through security at airports and the way we travel/prepare to travel, etc....but we're still discussing the same **** after school shootings :smh:

chicago has some of the most strict gun laws in the country how's that working out?

making guns harder to get for law abiding citizens does nothing

and while these are the events that get most of the publicity they are a small fraction of gun violence

people overreact every time something like this happens and start clamoring for less rights it's a joke

chicago has some of the most strict gun laws in the country how's that working out?
The majority of Chicago's gun violence is not perpetrated by law abiding citizens, so it doesn't matter.

Furthermore, guns are a problem. People like to either say "it's guns." Or, "it's the person."

It's BOTH.

Last edited:
The majority of Chicago's gun violence is not perpetrated by law abiding citizens, so it doesn't matter.

Furthermore, guns are a problem. People like to either say "it's guns." Or, "it's the person."

It's BOTH.

You know peoples simple logic can't handle those kind of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom