ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i could not tell those were fake...what were the telltale signs aside from the *low* sell price?:stoneface:
Yeah me either plus even though the price is low shipping is still $27 common tactic by ebay sellers offer low purchase prices and offset that by high shipping. Also says takes around 3 days so not coming straight from china most likely

Absolutely no problem at all using my pic thank you for explaining because for me for some reason its hard to tell thank god for nt

Really want the mystery grey UB. What are the chances of finding them slightly under retail?

Might treat myself to a pair since I got a promotion at work.

Last edited:

Notice how much thicker the primeknit pattern is in the circled area. Also how rounded the toe is compared to the real ultra boost. I couldn't find a good core black picture so I used my 3ms, but the pattern is the same for all the ultra boosts (-gradients/wave). I'm sure theres other things but thats what tipped me off first. Heres a larger image: http://i.imgur.com/LLrOn3q.jpg?1
I can almost guarantee you guys are wrong.  I flipped a pair of core blacks that looked exactly like the ebay listing.  The toe box is probably more rounded on the core blacks b/c the dude probably shoved the cardboard insert all the way to the front.  They are knit so the fabric and pattern will flex if an insert or ikea shoe is inserted.

I'm not sure what the difference is but there are two models of core black, S77417 and S77511.  Model SS417 has more of the checkerboard look with no "curvature," while the other model is more curved with less contrast between the light and dark.

Notice how much thicker the primeknit pattern is in the circled area. Also how rounded the toe is compared to the real ultra boost. I couldn't find a good core black picture so I used my 3ms, but the pattern is the same for all the ultra boosts (-gradients/wave). I'm sure theres other things but thats what tipped me off first. Heres a larger image: http://i.imgur.com/LLrOn3q.jpg?1
I can almost guarantee you guys are wrong.  I flipped a pair of core blacks that looked exactly like the ebay listing.  The toe box is probably more rounded on the core blacks b/c the dude probably shoved the cardboard insert all the way to the front.  They are knit so the fabric and pattern will flex if an insert or ikea shoe is inserted.

I'm not sure what the difference is but there are two models of core black, S77417 and S77511.  Model SS417 has more of the checkerboard look with no "curvature," while the other model is more curved with less contrast between the light and dark.
I've never seen a UB with a toe box that looked like that no matter what kinda insert was shoved in there, the cardboard inserts definitely would never make the toe box look like that. You can clearly see the flaws in the fakes in the highlighted areas in these pics. For example, the solid black area at the tip of the toe is too small on the fakes, also, the grey area in between that solid black part and the thin black line a little further up is too big, there shouldn't be that much grey knit there.

The two core black models you're talking about are the regular core black (S77417) and the wool core black (S77511). There's no difference in the shape of the toebox between the two, I have both. You are correct however about the difference in contrast, the wools are more black and the pattern is not as evident. The ones pictured in that eBay listing are neither of those, since they're fakes.

http://i.imgur.com/bBpQhEO.png 

New image explaining my thoughts

http://i.imgur.com/bBpQhEO.png 

New image explaining my thoughts
how bout someone bite the bullet and do a wear/run test between both and see the difference 
tongue.gif

The only thing that would concern me about the pics is how far down the black in the toe goes as it reaches the forefoot, it's almost touching the boost midsole.  The pair I had 2 lines of light fibers in the area you circled.  Like I said, I think the dude just jammed too much of something in the shoe to give it that shape, which in turn would cause the gray area to look bigger than it actually is.  

Just my opinion.  

Who knows, maybe these were B grades or cosmetic defects that were at an Adidas outlet.  

Fake boosts and uncaged ones make me giggle.

Let's add rope laces to the mix. Laughter party.

Last edited:
Hey fellas need you guys to drop some knowledge. I'm selling my grey/silver through CL. A guys asked if the insole is orange or black? What do the different color insoles indicate?

Read a few posts here about different colors on insoles but I'm lost.

Thanks!

To read that there's now fakes.....Smh

Last edited:
Hey fellas need you guys to drop some knowledge. I'm selling my grey/silver through CL. A guys asked if the insole is orange or black? What do the different color insoles indicate?

Read a few posts here about different colors on insoles but I'm lost.

Thanks!

To read that there's now fakes.....Smh
There have been fakes for a while now.

Are you selling the wool grey or the Silver LTD?

The Wool Grey have an orange/solar red insole. The Silver LTD have a black insole.

The Wool Grey have an orange/solar red insole. The Silver LTD have a black insole.

Thank you sir, selling wool greys. Insole is orange/solar like you said :smile:

Fellas
What's a fair price for an 11.5 SNS?
I know people say if you like buy, I'm ready to pay resale but don't want to get screwed on the price.
TIA

Back
Top Bottom