ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have several pairs of racers which I .5 size up and then steam fit them. I just bought my first Ultra boosts and was just wondering if anyone has steamed theirs like the racers? Thanks for any feedback.

I went TTS with UB and fit me perfectly length and width wise. The only issue I have is the tongue, it bothers the top of my foot, but other then that it fits great. Like the other person mentioned, everyone's foot is different so it's best if you try them on in hand.

I went TTS with UB and fit me perfectly length and width wise. The only issue I have is the tongue, it bothers the top of my foot, but other then that it fits great. Like the other person mentioned, everyone's foot is different so it's best if you try them on in hand.
the tongue on my white's really bothered me a lot at first too. it was squeezing my midfoot pretty tight. i thought i might need to wear them w/o insoles, but the shoe broke in instead and now they feel perfect. are your shoes still pretty new?

the tongue on my white's really bothered me a lot at first too. it was squeezing my midfoot pretty tight. i thought i might need to wear them w/o insoles, but the shoe broke in instead and now they feel perfect. are your shoes still pretty new?
Exactly! That was my frustration with the tongue, it killed my midfoot. I've only worn them a few times and I finally decided to remove the insoles, so hopefully the tongue doesn't get in the way again! Maybe once it loosens I'll insert the insoles back in.

Yeah the size tag will irritate your foot if the skin is making direct contact with it. Once they loosen up a bit & the tag wears down a little it probably won't be as much of an issue.

I do both TTS & .5 up. When I do TTS I take out the insoles. I like the feel of both, but for sure the .5 up w/ insoles in is a more cushioned feel.

I'm actually considering swapping out the insoles on some of my .5 up pairs to make them even cushier.

I really can't wait for the Futurecraft in-store customization stuff to start. My right foot is almost .5 size smaller than my left so it'd be awesome to have shoes that were custom built for my feet.

Exactly! That was my frustration with the tongue, it killed my midfoot. I've only worn them a few times and I finally decided to remove the insoles, so hopefully the tongue doesn't get in the way again! Maybe once it loosens I'll insert the insoles back in.
The only real solution to this is to wear different socks.

the other shot. really like the trefoil on the tongue.
These are dope. I like the white blends with the Boost. Will be copping these for sure. Ya'll can keep getting the all white so they can be had at discount haha.
I wasn't into these at first but they're starting to grow on me the more pics I've been seeing.

I'm worried about getting hit with customs on these. Since SNS is Swedish, I have a feeling these will be scarce in the US, probably more EU boutiques stocking them. And if the pricing is anything like previous UB collabs, they'll definitely be $200+. Most likely around the $250 mark.

Black Preorder Boosts on RoadRunnerSports....$137 out the door...then you can tack on ebates for another 10%...so about $120ish for those that missed the kanye restock =)

Black Preorder Boosts on RoadRunnerSports....$137 out the door...then you can tack on ebates for another 10%...so about $120ish for those that missed the kanye restock =)
I don't see any Ultra Boosts for preorder on RRS right now, or are you talking about a different boost shoe?

I don't see any Ultra Boosts for preorder on RRS right now, or are you talking about a different boost shoe?
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/04903/mens-adidas-ultra-boost/?cc=001
Ahh, I see, it doesn't tell you it's a preorder until you actually click a size. Thanks for clarifying.

Still waiting to see these in person as I'm not really into that cw from the pics I've seen so far. But I also wasn't initially sold on the white tonal wave pattern either and after seeing some on feet pics of the women's version I'm definitely a lot more interested.

Just checked my local Finish Line, they have the all white UB's but not in my size. Very surprised to see them in store considering I live in the middle of nowhere Tampa.

Just copped a pair off the FNL restock. Sz 11.5. One of my boys just told me I shoulda went half a sz down...?
If for any reason they don't fit me I can hook someone on here up, rather than return to store. Just retail + shipping, not looking for any extra money. All white UB. But I'll post once I get em and check the fit. Hope they feel fine... Been wanting a pair of these.

Last edited:
I hope you all know that sprays and the like will only protect you from liquid, not people stepping on you or rubbing your shoe on the pavement/scuffing the shoe.  People always talk about magical sprays protecting your shoes, making it sound these things make your kicks bulletproof or some sh*t. lol

Did a big clean of all my UBs yesterday. Decided to give it a shot myself before spending dough taking them into Jason Markk. Some were barely dirty, just some dust on the midsole, some were mostly clean with just one stain, some were pretty much dirty all over.

I tried the washing machine method first, on the all whites. Used the tide pen on the problem areas before the wash. Took out insoles & laces. Threw them in a laundry bag. Washed them on the regular cold cycle with usual amount of detergent. I wasn't overly impressed with the results. The main stains around the toe box were all still there, just slightly lighter. Also, none of the dirt marks on the plastic parts of the shoe were affected in the wash.

I ended up just going old school and using a toothbrush with some soap and water on the all whites & skipped washing machine on the rest of the pairs. Just did toothbush method on the rest. In some cases I only wet the toe box area, in some cases I'd wet the whole shoe and give it all a light scrub. I'm still waiting on them all to dry but the results from just doing the OG method definitely seem pretty positive so far.

The only stain/discoloring I couldn't get out with the toothbrush method was the yellowing boost material on my first pair of core blacks. They were my first pair of UBs and I've definitely worn them more than the rest. Near the toe on either side of the shoe and on the heel area, the 2-3 mm of boost above the outsole is slightly yellowed. I scrubbed these areas carefully with bleach and was able to lessen the yellowing a bit but not completely. It seems that once boost is truly stained there's no going back. Curious if any of the specialty shoe cleaning products out there would do the trick.

Regardless, I think the washing machine method is good for a general all over clean, especially if they've been subjected to mud or lots of dust, but for the problem areas you're going to have to scrub them out with some kind of cleaning agent.

I'll post a pic of the whole collection tonight once they're all dry & relaced.

That's fine with me. Really just looking for a recommendation (or not, if it's going to mess up the fabric in some way). 
Have tried most of the well known ones and my advice is that they all work the same, so just get the cheapest.  Used Crep Protect and Liquidproof and Scothgard on the whites none of them discolours the shoe fyi (on separate occasions not all at once lol).

Last edited:

Have tried most of the well known ones and my advice is that they all work the same, so just get the cheapest.  Used Crep Protect and Liquidproof and Scothgard on the whites none of them discolours the shoe fyi (on separate occasions not all at once lol).
Cool, thanks. And they don't make the mesh fabric sticky or anything like that, right? Looks like crep protect and scotchguard are the most available here in the US.

Y-3 is doing cyber Monday deal w/ extra 10% off (on top of 30% off), just doubled up on the white/green Kolors for about $175 shipped. Probably only small sizes left by now but the discount applies to the whole store, might be a good chance to get a reasonable price on some Y-3s.

Good looks. Scooped up the Qasa Highs for $265 shipped.

Y-3 is doing cyber Monday deal w/ extra 10% off (on top of 30% off), just doubled up on the white/green Kolors for about $175 shipped. Probably only small sizes left by now but the discount applies to the whole store, might be a good chance to get a reasonable price on some Y-3s.
Good looks. Scooped up the Qasa Highs for $265 shipped.
Nice I really want the triple black qasa highs but could never find them for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom