ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyone else waiting for their miaddidas order? still havent received shipping. last email was july 22 and said "eyes on the finish line"
Lots of people. Not all MiAdidas were made at the same time. I'm sure a lot of people's order haven't even been made yet let alone shipped from China. They're making and shipping them in batches. Just be patient, the shoes are literally made to order so you won't be getting cancelled

Boots :stoneface:

are you kidding?

You can't deny the effect Kanye has had on sneakers

From Nike Flyknit Tainers and hypefuse 90's to triple white ultra boost and people buying football cleats without boost

Much less people paying over $500 for some joints that used to cost $50 back in the 80's
Once again, it takes more than Kanye wearing a sneaker to make it sell. Why is it from the y-3's, climacools, Karhu , pure boost, rod lavers, d lillards , and the like, Ultra boost was the most hyped sneaker kanye wore in the past 2-3 years (outside of his own brand)? you can't say it was all kanye, because then every shoe he wore would sell. And which goes back to my point that kanye couldnt hype up climacools despite wearing them

Once again, it takes more than Kanye wearing a sneaker to make it sell. Why is it from the y-3's, climacools, Karhu , pure boost, rod lavers, d lillards , and the like, Ultra boost was the most hyped sneaker kanye wore in the past 2-3 years (outside of his own brand)? you can't say it was all kanye, because then every shoe he wore would sell. And which goes back to my point that kanye couldnt hype up climacools despite wearing them

when did he wear climacools ?

The most prominent photos of him in Climacools was right after Kim was robbed.

462ab01864b7c5ecf6b656ee2f578a4f.jpg

7061.jpg

He was also seen wearing them a few other times.
kanye-west-adidas-climacool-1.jpg

14272073_1067413970038874_4572578064864641024_n.jpg

Did I say it was all Kanye?

But he sure was a factor. So was he not, or are you just debating just to debate?

Some people jumped on boost because of Kanye others jumped in because it's the new "it shoe", but Kanye had a hand in making it "it shoe status".

At the end of the day Comfort and quality and aesthetics is the reason you got the first 4-5 pairs but hype is the reason you got pair #10,#11,and #12

Some people jumped on boost because of Kanye others jumped in because it's the new "it shoe", but Kanye had a hand in making it "it shoe status".

At the end of the day Comfort and quality and aesthetics is the reason you got the first 4-5 pairs but hype is the reason you got pair #10,#11,and #12

Surely it's the other way around? Hype and curiousity is what makes you get the first pair, then the comfort, quality, and aesthetics make you get all the pairs after.

Surely it's the other way around? Hype and curiousity is what makes you get the first pair, then the comfort, quality, and aesthetics make you get all the pairs after.

i wouldnt say so, i have ever only owned 5-6 pairs of ultra boosts at any given time and they all get wear. going past that to 10,15, 20 pairs is getting caught up in fanaticism and hype and having to have every pair. when you have 15 pairs of the same shoe theres a point that goes beyond just utility

I thought it was just me, but all my local Facebook groups are still active but nobody wants to sell anything. They post their whole collection justot flex acting to sell and in comments they want ridiculous money or trade for Yeezys only. :lol:

x4. Either flex IG photo or list shoe for 2x market value.

i wouldnt say so, i have ever only owned 5-6 pairs of ultra boosts at any given time and they all get wear. going past that to 10,15, 20 pairs is getting caught up in fanaticism and hype and having to have every pair. when you have 15 pairs of the same shoe theres a point that goes beyond just utility

Agree on that, 10 pairs of the same silhouette would be too excessive for me. Unless the model is going out of production and you're stockpiling.

BTW, anybody tried on the Adidas swift run? Can't see why the campaign for such a budget runner, unless I'm missing something

not everything kanye touches is gold. Sure it'll appeal to the stans but the general public is not gonna fall for every item kanye rocks lol

What does happen when big celebrities wear shoes like this is it opens the eyes of the general public to a pair of shoes they may have not have bought on their own. Also gives those who weren't intrested in them an on foot look that one may not have seen before

not everything kanye touches is gold. Sure it'll appeal to the stans but the general public is not gonna fall for every item kanye rocks lol

That said, the general public still isnt messing with boost on a large level. last year and this year (so far) the only adidas sneaker cracking the best selling sneakers list is boostless, the superstar. Rest of the list is nike/jordan.

As far as an athlete getting his own brand and making it more popular then Jordans I doubt it. MJ was the most popular athlete around and his charisma lifted the brand to what it is now.

But nowadays it seems brands are willing to put money in rappers being able to sell shoes. Perhaps that's where the sneaker game will be headed where anybody who's popular can generate shoe sales

You also have to factor in that a lot of performance shoes don't really have casual appeal (in their inherent design) so, it's a lot harder to rock a pair of LeBrons or Hardens casually than it was to wear a pair of old-school Jordans.

I think people are underestimating how great the designs of early Jordans were. MJ obviously was a cultural icon but a lot of those shoes were objectively very ground breaking, in terms of design. I honestly don't know if ANY shoe company will have a 14-15 year run, in terms of design, that Nike/Jordan Brand did starting with the AJ 1.

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited:
no but you did say tubular didn't take the market because it didnt have the benefit of kanye. Kanye wore so many shoes before and after UB that sat , so it takes more than just having the benefit of kanye for shoes to sell. heck, his crepe boots sat on release

Kanye can't be expected to sell EVERYTHING. MJ wore those horrid Team Jordan FBIs during games instead of the XVIIIs because JB was trying to sell them since people were mostly buying retros and sig Jordans. That said, what Kanye primarily wears now and what MJ primarily wore definitely have/had an effect on sales.

Back
Top Bottom