Adidas NMD thread

Seems like people buy any nmd they can get. Them camos are horrible imo. I might just start affiliate linking all these joints on twitter.

Did these suckas just exceed the roshe hype train 2-3yrs ago? Every GR is getting snatched up and sold out...

agreed man. How are the mesh pairs selling out
sick.gif

They feel so cheap and are very underwhelming in person.
first experience with boost for a lot of people probably 

Nmds are overrated in general, not saying they're trash but way too overhyped

They are decently comfortable and have a clean look

They're definitely riding the limited wave of the first few releases

its a new shoe with a new concept, nice tech materials, using the most comfortable sole there is on the planet, and also great great marketing strategy from adidas side, like insanely great. 

the result is what you see....pure madness! 

but you can't deny that half of NMD's success is riding off of hype. Boost is nothing new, there were multiple Boost shoes with equal or better comfort years before NMD. But because they weren't as limited and as exclusive, they didn't get the success that NMD received. 

Because they're selling out like crazy in Asian countries. I haven't seen a shoe sell out like that before outside of the US/UK. I originally thought the pics of the huge lines in Asian countries were fake until I saw Adidas Originals post the pic on their twitter account.

but you can't deny that half of NMD's success is riding off of hype. Boost is nothing new, there were multiple Boost shoes with equal or better comfort years before NMD. But because they weren't as limited and as exclusive, they didn't get the success that NMD received. 

Oh def riding the hype wave, but a clean silhoutte always helps a ton.

I dont have a pair to comment on about feel/comfort but IMO looks decent i guess...I haven't really tried all that hard to get a pair...might be at the mall will have to go see in person.

Roshe's are great for casual walking and running errands..

Ask the asians comment?? Really tho?? We coming to that now with this lol...

Partially, but a lot of the shoes with boost tech were ugly. Of course this is my opinion, but outside of UBs and a few Y3s I couldn't stand the sight of most shoes with boost. The comfort I could not have cared less about if I didn't like the look of the shoe.

NMD silhouette looks nice and the comfort is there. But it's nothing new IMO. I've been wearing equal comfort with Pure Boosts since its inception (which would be a better comparison to Roshes from a design standpoint and price point). Pure Boost is not ugly, but again thats my opinion. And some people actually prefer the UB ST over the regular UB. But Pure Boosts and ST's are like generic shoes and they have almost no hype so they don't get the same success as NMD and UB's. 

Last edited:
An NMD chukka "OG cw" is available tomorrow on Adidas EU (and a bunch of Mesh, too)...

http://m.adidas.de/nmd?grid=true
Know I'm in the minority here but gotta say I really like these. Grabbed the black ones and love the silhouette/way they look on. That said, I was disappointed in the quality of the suede itself so plan to return them. Glad they're releasing in different materials. I'll definitely try to snag a pair if/when they release in the states.

Back
Top Bottom