Adidas NMD thread

Absolutely nowhere in Toronto has any NMD sitting, PK or Mesh, unless I'm not looking hard enough. Then again, Canada is where Adidas throws all the leftovers.
Yep every time there is a release, people are camping out of a couple days....can't wait what happens on the 18th.

Agree with the XR1 post re: PK vs other material.  I was about to post the same thing and you beat me to it, you scalawag.
wink.gif

As I mentioned earlier, the pinstripe ones are a Spanx-material.  That's what the pinstripe black XR1 dropping in September is.

Not sure if these PK XR1s are going to be good investments with the way these are dropping.  Obviously I buy shoes for the way they look and feel, but if I'm spending the $$$ I would like to think that time will prove them worth the time and effort of fighting the hordes to secure a pair.  The PK vs Spanx material may be the defining factor.

Right now strongly contemplating sitting this drop out.  The September XR1 with the black boost looks better than all of these IMO and the hype around that one may help it endure as a smart buy.  On the fence.  
but the black XR1 with the black boost are pinstripe and they are Primeknit, so it is likely all the other pinstripe XR1 are PK too

but the black XR1 with the black boost are pinstripe and they are Primeknit, so it is likely all the other pinstripe XR1 are PK too
Everywhere I am looking it says "micro-rib knit" for the XR1 with black boost, which appears to be a new material for Adidas.  Sole collector went as far as to say they are unsure whether this could be considered primeknit or not as it is a new fabric distinction for the company.

Thus far on the early pics it certainly looks different to me than the PK ones.  It seems to be a finer (meaning smaller, not better) woven fabric for the shoe.  Really, really curious to see some in hand images of how this fabric looks. 

Last edited:

Everywhere I am looking it says "micro-rib knit" for the XR1 with black boost, which appears to be a new material for Adidas.  ************* went as far as to say they are unsure whether this could be considered primeknit or not as it is a new fabric distinction for the company.

Thus far on the early pics it certainly looks different to me than the PK ones.  It seems to be a finer (meaning smaller, not better) woven fabric for the shoe.  Really, really curious to see some in hand images of how this fabric looks. 
I feel like this is gonna be like the same thing as the regular PK and the wool PK on the UB's. It's still PK at the end of the day. 

I feel like this is gonna be like the same thing as the regular PK and the wool PK on the UB's. It's still PK at the end of the day. 
Well there ya go.  Yeah, seems like the word primeknit is an umbrella term for Adidas with sub-classifications under it. 

That said, jeez that means 10 PK models are hitting the market in one drop.  Granted they are XR1s, but lends some credence to folks who are worried about the shoe saturation.  I hope the R1 PKs stay somewhat limited.  Even more of a reason I'm likely going to sit this one out and wait for the Sept drop.

Also not sure if anyone mentioned but in the XR1 page it says "Primeknit Supreme fit" when talking about the upper material

mean.gif

Journeys just charged me another $127 bucks out of no where!!!!!

Had to send my Paypal statement and bank acct just now to get the double charge dropped off

AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T SHIPPED THE SHOES

check your accts

Looks great. Wanna confirm for us all as to how the PK is on those? Is it like the CS1's or R1's?
The primeknit on these is much much thicker than a normal pk r1 low top nmd, its similar to a CS1. Also, these fit big. I have wide feet and went with a 13 (normal size) but would need a 12 in these.

Last edited:

Looks great. Wanna confirm for us all as to how the PK is on those? Is it like the CS1's or R1's?
The primeknit on these is much much thicker than a normal pk r1 low top nmd, its similar to a CS1. Also, these fit big. I have wide feet and went with a 13 (normal size) but would need a 12 in these.
Here we go.....our beloved topic.....sizing....
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom