Adidas NMD thread

People keep assuming Adidas is either embracing or ignoring the problem of people hacking their site.  I present to you a third option...one that I've grown close to having worked in media my entire adult life:

Adidas bigwig: "Damn, these kids with bots and scripts are literally getting EVERY shoe and giving our releases a bad name.  Can you revise the shoe drop process."

Adidas programming guy: "Absolutely. We'll have a fix in place in a month or so."

(7 months later)

Adidas bigwig: "ANY PROGRESS?"

Adidas programming guy: "Still workin' on it!  We're close!"

(12 months later)

Adidas bigwig: "WELL?!?!"

Adidas programming guy: "Just did a ton of tests and the system we came up with isn't working.  We're going to try something else.  As the old saying goes, "Programming takes as long as it takes!"...Oh and these new fixes we have to make to prevent hacking are out of the original project scope, so we're going to need another $30K to solve this."

People keep assuming Adidas is either embracing or ignoring the problem of people hacking their site.  I present to you a third option...one that I've grown close to having worked in media my entire adult life:

Adidas bigwig: "Damn, these kids with bots and scripts are literally getting EVERY shoe and giving our releases a bad name.  Can you revise the shoe drop process."

Adidas programming guy: "Absolutely. We'll have a fix in place in a month or so."

(7 months later)

(12 months later)

Adidas programming guy: "Just did a ton of tests and the system we came up with isn't working.  We're going to try something else.  As the old saying goes, "Programming takes as long as it takes!"...Oh and these new fixes we have to make to prevent hacking are out of the original project scope, so we're going to need another $30K to solve this."
$30k is cheap! This is an ongoing cat and mouse game, and the resellers and sellouts generate hype for Adidas.

Easiest way is online raffle but low key nters won't be able to get 8 size runs if too many places start to implement it :lol:

(7 months later)

(12 months later)

+1

well said

Haven't been in here in awhile but is there any consensus yet on painting the boost? I remember someone said they used a permanent marker and that worked pretty well but is there anything else I should be aware of before I start a project? I would prefer using my standard airbrush paint I usually use on Nikes.

Also, any way to remove the stripes on the upper? They look glued on, anyway to remove them without damaging the PK? TIA

Paint the boost using Angelus. Remove the upper stripes using acetone from the inside.

Thanks!

I'm on the fence with the duck camo XR1. I keep seeing them in person and they are nice. I just don't know what to wear them with

Nah, Adidas did their homework for new release.

Even bot can't get them until they pass the splash page. They will get 10 minutes to cop much as they can after they passed the splash. If 10 minutes run out so have to go to the loop again.

Basically, manual will get some. Normal people can W.

So my OG NMD from StockX came in today - ninja fast shipping. My bid was accepted on Tuesday and they arrived via UPS earlier today. 

Quick story: I bought the OGs when they came out the first time on a whim from Notre in store. I was looking for a pair of shoes that I wouldn't feel bad beating up for my Costa Rica trip. I took them there and hiked the most of 10 days in Costa Rica through the rain, mud, forest and terrain. They were so beat up after 10 days that I decided to handwash them at the AirBnB. I washed them and left them outside to air dry in the laundry sink of the guesthouse.

The night before we were supposed to leave, the power went out and we had to sleep in hot Costa Rica without a ceiling fan - it sucked. With no power the next morning, we were in a daze to get everything ready before heading to the airport. I didn't have any coffee that morning, so I forgot my OGs in the laundry sink of a guesthouse in Costa Rica. When I got to the states and realized what happened, I messaged the hosts and they had already had 2 different couples stay at the guesthouse - no sign of the shoes. Immediate reaction was FML.

I lived with it, but It wasn't a big deal until the resale prices blew up and the possibility of replacing them seemed impossible.

Big ups to Adidas for rereleasing them, as I was able to replace these freaking shoes, even if I had to pay a bit above retail. 

Dreams do come true 
roll.gif

So my OG NMD from StockX came in today - ninja fast shipping. My bid was accepted on Tuesday and they arrived via UPS earlier today. 

Quick story: I bought the OGs when they came out the first time on a whim from Notre in store. I was looking for a pair of shoes that I wouldn't feel bad beating up for my Costa Rica trip. I took them there and hiked the most of 10 days in Costa Rica through the rain, mud, forest and terrain. They were so beat up after 10 days that I decided to handwash them at the AirBnB. I washed them and left them outside to air dry in the laundry sink of the guesthouse.

The night before we were supposed to leave, the power went out and we had to sleep in hot Costa Rica without a ceiling fan - it sucked. With no power the next morning, we were in a daze to get everything ready before heading to the airport. I didn't have any coffee that morning, so I forgot my OGs in the laundry sink of a guesthouse in Costa Rica. When I got to the states and realized what happened, I messaged the hosts and they had already had 2 different couples stay at the guesthouse - no sign of the shoes. Immediate reaction was FML.

I lived with it, but It wasn't a big deal until the resale prices blew up and the possibility of replacing them seemed impossible.

Big ups to Adidas for rereleasing them, as I was able to replace these freaking shoes, even if I had to pay a bit above retail. 

Dreams do come true 
roll.gif
NICE! Guess you can update your sig now. 
glasses.gif

StockX prices is better than the local groups I'm in.
sick.gif
Plus with the $25 off makes it so much better.

Debating on pulling the trigger now and waiting a couple more days and see if it drops a bit more.

Dreams do come true 
roll.gif
Every time  I think I'm dramatic I found someone even much more dramatic than my gf haha 

Good for you man 

Easiest way is online raffle but low key nters won't be able to get 8 size runs if too many places start to implement it
laugh.gif
sadly even raffles can be rigged or people can find a way around it to increase their chances.

on another note, those authentic tags from stockx are really nice. compared to the huge *** tags that came with my OG NMD purchase from luisaviaroma.

Dreams do come true 
Congrats man. My StockX bid of $260 was finally accepted today. With the $25 promo, came out to $249 all-in (my target was $250 all-in). Beyond excited to own my first pair of NMDs. Hope I get them soon

Recently, tried on my Japan Greys as I was about to Un-DS and realized that 1/2 size down wasn't enough. So, sold them and used funds to buy a sz 11.

They look legit to me but any opinions?

Edit: Put up better pictures:

Last edited:

Dreams do come true 
roll.gif
LOL those shoes came from my buddies shop in Cleveland

if you are saying your normal adidas size is US12, and you have a full thumb space in your NMD OG in your "normal" adidas size, then you are buying all your adidas in the wrong size ^^
Maybe a valid point, probably my mistake for not clarifying on my end. US 12 is my measured size across all footwear, an actual TTS before brand differences. That said, I've been able to use 12 as a decent baseline for most shoes, Adidas included, but sizing on Adidas from one model to the next is so inconsistent IMO that it's hard to really declare what a "wrong size" is. Just meant to describe the fit for me and what I prefer given two models of the OG NMD. 

Recently, tried on my Japan Greys as I was about to Un-DS and realized that 1/2 size down wasn't enough. So, sold them and used funds to buy a sz 11.

Ran into the same situation with my Japan Greys, way too much space even at half down, length & width. Been thinking it's the pk material cause all other pk nmd are good half down. Then the og blacks came and now just blame the model/style. Japan pack sizing just wack.

Just saw message, not anywhere near my pair.
Can't legit check compare.
Hope someone in the know chimes in.

Ran into the same situation with my Japan Greys, way too much space even at half down, length & width. Been thinking it's the pk material cause all other pk nmd are good half down. Then the og blacks came and now just blame the model/style. Japan pack sizing just wack.

Just saw message, not anywhere near my pair.
Can't legit check compare.
Hope someone in the know chimes in.
Yep, just got rid of my sz 11.5 Japan Blacks the other day as well and just copped a sz 11. 

Although, to make matters worse, I have too much space even 1 full size down in the French Beige & Winter Wool. I'm a TTS sz 12 but could probably do sz 10.5 US in the French Beige and Winter Wools. I'm not planning to go on a wild goose change for them though so I'll keep the 11's. 

For me, I actually prefer to go 1 full size down even in the 2017 OG Blacks as well as Monochrome Blacks. Same with Tri-colors. I like to wear my NMD's as a snug fit with either no socks or very thin no shows. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom