ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
true.

there are so many more important things in life than a damn pair of shoes. 

as far as paying resell prices...if you're loaded and have the money, sure go for it if you want it that bad. but if you're making close to minimum wage and have other responsibilities in your life (rent, car/house payments, kids, etc), take it easy. in 5-10 years time you're probably gonna wish you had that $1000 instead of a pair of shoes that aren't what's hot anymore

No single $1000 decision is affecting you 5-10 years later. :lol:

In a couple weeks, months, sure maybe, but 5-10 years? No man. :lol:

I'm sure the longer the buyer waits it out the less in favor eBay or PayPal with side with them. It just doesn't make any sense to side with someone saying at least 30 days later I was sent fake shoes or the wrong shoes w.e the excuse they try and use. What did they not open the box the first 29 days upon receiving them?

dudes not dropping feed back is an automatic red flag

they get a few months to decide when they want to **** you, in the 90 day range

true.

there are so many more important things in life than a damn pair of shoes. 

as far as paying resell prices...if you're loaded and have the money, sure go for it if you want it that bad. but if you're making close to minimum wage and have other responsibilities in your life (rent, car/house payments, kids, etc), take it easy. in 5-10 years time you're probably gonna wish you had that $1000 instead of a pair of shoes that aren't what's hot anymore
The people paying $1000+ are the people who are rich 90% of the time not college kids. They will resell and take that quick $500 for party girls booze or just stunt in em for a month and then sell

Name me a sneaker that has continually released over and over and you could make as much as a yeezy in general whether it's with nike or adidas there is no other sneaker that you can make that much off. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong

That's not what you said in your original post... you said sneaker... singular not plural...

This is the Adidas X Yeezy thread...

I read your comment how it was written... Don't blame me for doing so... just become a better writer.

Most may disagree with me, but with all this eBay talk it just sounds like resellers are getting what they deserve for being scammers themselves? Why get salty when your only intent was to gain $2000 profit from something you paid $200 for? I'm talking about resellers, not the sneaker collecters.

If a reseller got scammed for concerts tickets that he was overcharging 200% for, I'd straight up just laugh lol.

I do respect people's time and money, but with what said I've seen with greedy resellers and yeezys its hard to show any signs of condolences. With selling high dollar amount online through desperation, they should be more responsible to not get scammed back...
By that definition it would be fine if someone gets their Warhol stolen as it used to be cheaper than the current going rate?

Then I'd laugh since the owner thought selling a Warhol on eBay was a good idea. Totally fine with me if they were that stupid lol.

Here on NT and in some other areas of the sneaker community, the term "resell" has gained negative connotations.

However, most of us forget something very important. Whether you keep them on ice or wear them often, the majority of us are sneaker collectors.

When I was much younger, I used to collect comic books. Now, if i was lucky I could get the ones I wanted near release day and continue my story arcs and collections without problem. If I was unlucky, I had to go to the comic book shop and dig through back issues, maybe find the one I wanted... and pay more than the cover price for it. Not once did that ever bother me.

I know people who collect baseball cards, comics, coins, Hawaiian shirts (yeah that's a thing) and a bunch of other stuff. Now, they may complain on the individual price of a single item but I've never once heard them complain about there being a secondary market that allows them to get what they really wanted...

Only with Sneakerheads.

Why?

Last edited:
T
Here on NT and in some other areas of the sneaker community, the term "resell" has gained negative connotations.

However, most of us forget something very important. Whether you keep them on ice or wear them often, the majority of us are sneaker collectors.

When I was much younger, I used to collect comic books. Now, if i was lucky I could get the ones I wanted near release day and continue my story arcs and collections without problem. If I was unlucky, I had to go to the comic book shop and dig through back issues, maybe find the one I wanted... and pay more than the cover price for it. Not once did that ever bother me.

I know people who collect baseball cards, comics, coins, Hawaiian shirts (yeah that's a thing) and a bunch of other stuff. Now, they may complain on the individual price of a single item but I've never once heard them complain about there being a secondary market that allows them to get what they really wanted...

Only with Sneakerheads.

Why?

Repped agree with you 100 percent im also a collector and a lot of my pairs are DS
9.8 CGC lol

Normal. And did you try to sneak in a legit check in this thread? lol

No I only posted one picture I have already posted a lot of pics in the correct thread. I know they are legit, just wanted to see if this was common.

Selling locally > ebay

Avoids the BS of scum buyers trying to get their money back and ship back fake kicks.

Only with Sneakerheads.

Why?
Very well put. I think a lot of the negativity on resellers stems from how they get the shoes, whether it be bots or backdoor situations. Even that one cat who admitted to stealing someone else's order for pickup. You hit the nail on the head though for collecting, definitely a difference in point a view for what someone needs to do to complete the collection.

I'll admit I paid resale for a pair of the 2016's, from a legit store/seller. Was glad to have them (my first pair), and I didn't have to stress out about sites crashing or sitting around waiting for page monitors to go off at 3 in the morning, etc. It also changed my thoughts on the stack of shoe boxes I had sitting there that I never got around to wearing, I'd rather pay X amount of dollars for a pair I really wanted to wear, opposed to that same X amount for a few pairs of shoes that I had no intention to wear.

Very well put. I think a lot of the negativity on resellers stems from how they get the shoes, whether it be bots or backdoor situations. Even that one cat who admitted to stealing someone else's order for pickup. You hit the nail on the head though for collecting, definitely a difference in point a view for what someone needs to do to complete the collection.

I'll admit I paid resale for a pair of the 2016's, from a legit store/seller. Was glad to have them (my first pair), and I didn't have to stress out about sites crashing or sitting around waiting for page monitors to go off at 3 in the morning, etc. It also changed my thoughts on the stack of shoe boxes I had sitting there that I never got around to wearing, I'd rather pay X amount of dollars for a pair I really wanted to wear, opposed to that same X amount for a few pairs of shoes that I had no intention to wear.

And I definitely understand when people get upset over a guy with 100 boxes of 350s. That's OD. However, if there wasn't a resell market most collectors would NEVER get a DS pair. The demand usually is greater than the supply anyway. So if you were to strike out at retail and there was no resell there would only be salt left.

Need. So clean on feet 
smokin.gif
those and the Chocolates are goat 
pimp.gif

Got no problem w resellers. Everybody resells from time to time. The guys who do it for a living though? kinda feel bad for em.

Only with Sneakerheads.

Why?

Cause sneakers appeals to more people than baseball cards and whatnot. Also its something you can "show off" by just wearing them as opposed to a binder of cards or a sleeve of comics, therefore more salt for the masses since it affects more people. Its not even a game anymore, its just how it is.

Cause sneakers appeals to more people than baseball cards and whatnot. Also its something you can "show off" by just wearing them as opposed to a binder of cards or a sleeve of comics, therefore more salt for the masses since it affects more people. Its not even a game anymore, its just how it is.

The "masses" don't know any more about your Frags than they do a Honus Wagner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom