ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am personally against collecting. I only get what I am planning to wear.

My thinking on Yeezy - scarcity and demand killed it. I am in UK and both Amazon and ebay are swamped with imitation. How can anyone justify paying thousands for something available for a tenner that is looking exactly like that.

I am not a big fun of fakes. Last few weeks I coped two ultra bosts and two dooms.

Since I was curious about yeezy, got 2 imitations off ebay. I am wearing the black one in the office now. Sole is very basic, not springy really. But upper and laces - can't fault them.

nice photoshop
smokin.gif

Not mine, but made me lol

Kanye customizing his jeans: distressed, distressed, MORE DISTRESSED. 

Distressed to the point they became shorts
Can't wait until H&M releases these jorts 
laugh.gif

Not mine, but made me lol

Can't wait until H&M releases these jorts 
laugh.gif
H&M already released them, people just throw them away once their normal jeans have transformed into these after a month thinking they were bad quality. They were just evolving into Kanye jeans

My thinking on Yeezy - scarcity and demand killed it. I am in UK and both Amazon and ebay are swamped with imitation. How can anyone justify paying thousands for something available for a tenner that is looking exactly like that.

I am not a big fun of fakes. Last few weeks I coped two ultra bosts and two dooms.

Since I was curious about yeezy, got 2 imitations off ebay. I am wearing the black one in the office now. Sole is very basic, not springy really. But upper and laces - can't fault them.

If you wear them you are still a collector. I read my comic books...

Collecting doesn't mean I won't ever wear them, I enjoy collecting it's fun.
You don't have to spend thousands I'm in the UK as well and I paid £500 for my 350s, you are right about a lot of fakes about but there are also real pairs out there and desperate resellers who you can take advantage of.

No single $1000 decision is affecting you 5-10 years later.
laugh.gif

In a couple weeks, months, sure maybe, but 5-10 years? No man.
laugh.gif
I'm not saying it's gonna affect your ability to buy anything 5-10 years later.

I meant you're probably gonna look back on it and realize it wasn't worth it. and wish you'd used that $1000 on more important things back then

people on here talk bad about resellers, but I guarantee a lot of those dudes have some DS pairs of whatever just sitting in their closets. then they sell them eventually to buy something else they want.

same idea as reselling, it just takes longer. yeah they might not have bought with the sole intention of reselling, but the end result is the same.

Thanks, they are legit I have posted in legit check thread and it's the new style code.
Just a bit annoying that it wasn't straight.
Happy with them overall though got a good price which is always a bonus.
Yea the left shoe on my BB's "adidas yeezy" on the insole is slightly crooked compared to the other shoe or even my other pair of 350's. Also excess glue in one spot. Just Quality control issue.

Sneaker reselling is better off being compared to buying concert tickets. 

- You have Ticketmaster as the main supplier (Adidas & Nike)

- You have fan clubs, promoters and venues eating up tickets before they go onsale (employees backdooring pairs, managers hooking up friends, etc)

- You also don't have enough supply to meet the demand 

- You have bots & ticket brokers eating up a majority of the tickets to put on Stubhub, Ebay, etc (Same situation with sneakers). 

- They had to make concert tickets "credit card entry only" to make sure people who wanted to go to the show got them.  (You'd have to make people wear the shoes out the door for this to occur with sneakers 
laugh.gif
)

People will always complain and argue about tickets just like sneakers, it's just part of the hobby at this point. 

S/O to MTG. Have some super old cards I need to dig up 
nthat.gif
Have you seen prices lately for reserved list cards? I wish I didn't sell a good portion of my collection last year, well, it paid for 10 days in Maui with my wife so not that sorry.

I'm not saying it's gonna affect your ability to buy anything 5-10 years later.

I meant you're probably gonna look back on it and realize it wasn't worth it. and wish you'd used that $1000 on more important things back then

Thats why value and what something is worth is subjective. 5-10 years later you can say that about ANY purchase. If youre worried about what your decisions now will affect you in 5-10 years (small scale, nothing like a career choice, tattoo or something) then idk what to tell you.

Didn't know sneakerheads came from Magic cards collectors... I don't belong to the U.S sneakergame. 
One of the VP's at work gave me shade when he saw me in my White Cement 4s the other day "When did those drop? How come you guys don't tell me these things?" we had no idea he was a shoe head.

Thats why value and what something is worth is subjective. 5-10 years later you can say that about ANY purchase. If youre worried about what your decisions now will affect you in 5-10 years (small scale, nothing like a career choice, tattoo or something) then idk what to tell you.
reread my original post dude. I was strictly talking about people who are working close to minimum wage and have other financial responsibilities. in other words people who aren't ahead of the game money-wise.

$1000 for one pair of shoes for someone like that would not be small scale. my point was I think those people will come to regret the purchase in the future

reread my original post dude. I was strictly talking about people who are working close to minimum wage and have other financial responsibilities. in other words people who aren't ahead of the game money-wise.

$1000 for one pair of shoes for someone like that would not be small scale. my point was I think those people will come to regret the purchase in the future

Regret maybe yeah, but not 5-10 years later. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom