ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is I can't remember the name I used to register and need to find out?
Also after you get confirmed on the day of release you open the voucher (idk trying to find out how this works) what is on the voucher?
log into your account straight from adidas website, from there you can change your name, not your birthday as far as I can tell. For the red apples both me and my girlfriend won but I used an account that had her name so we werent able to pick 2 pairs up, only 1.

It's MUCH crazier that he thanked Mark Parker and Nike... I'm not sure why you would publicly thank your competitor-seems like a dumb move.

It's definitely a head scratcher, after those "epic" rants about Parker and NIKE. It seems like that bridge was in ashes a long time ago.....just let it go.

It's definitely a head scratcher, after those "epic" rants about Parker and NIKE. It seems like that bridge was in ashes a long time ago.....just let it go.

Yeah I'm sure it has to do with his success at Adidas.. Maybe during those epic rants Kanye wasn't sure if he would even get a deal with a major brand like what he got with Adidas? (having his own line WITH full creative control) Either way, I HIGHLY doubt NIKE and Mark Parker would be willing to forgive him for those rants/public insults and, of course, the "FACTS" track.

Kanye intentionally hurt Nike's brand more than any other individual has in recent memory.

People who believe dude hit on 8 pairs has more issues then him taking time out to create the picture to look like he hit 8 pairs lol

EXACTLY here we go again overstating Kanye's impact
i agree. kanye def has a huge impact on "street wear". i put that in quotes because street wear when from a general term to describe casual clothes to specific styles of dressing.  kanyes def got a following there with the whole layered long shirts, stacking pants, chelsea boots and such. aside from some intersectionality that comes with some sneaker lines, id hardly say that nike is in the street wear business. so theres no business to be lost or impact to be felt.

Hurt nikes brand? at the size it is now no single person/endorsee/athelete could do anything to make a dent in nikes sales or public perception

I didn't say he hurt the brand drastically but to say that Kanye didn't hurt the brand at all makes 0 sense.... The dude had one of the biggest selling/streamed albums of the year and has an entire track dedicated to dissing Nike-how is that not hurting the brand? No other individual has done anything like this to Nike.

Last edited:
I didn't say he hurt the brand drastically but to say that Kanye didn't hurt the brand at all makes 0 sebse.... The dude had one of the biggest selling/streamed albums of the year and has an entire track dedicated to dissing Nike-how is that not hurting the brand?
you can say that because nike is making more money now than they were when kanye was with them. youre really over exaggerating kanye size and influence in regards to nike. youre also not realizing the fact that sneaker heads and sneaker "culture" is a bubble. nike and adidas for that matter makes FAR more money off the people that come into a shoe store on a daily basis looking for a pair of everyday shoes than dudes that camp out and line up for limited releases. Kanye only has a major effect on a sub group of a sub group when it comes to sports wear and sneakers.

Last edited:
you can say that because nike is making more money now than they were when kanye was with them. youre really over exaggerating kanye size and influence in regards to nike. youre also not realizing the fact that sneaker heads and sneaker "culture" is a bubble. nike and adidas for that matter makes FAR more money off the people that come into a shoe store on a daily basis looking for a pair of everyday shoes than dudes that camp out and line up for limited releases.

Once again, I didn't say Kanye drastically hurt the brand but to say that Kanye talking trash about Nike didn't hurt the brand at all makes no sense. Also, Nike's sales growth either flattened or dropped for all footwear aside from retros-they sold a lot of apparel, which helped overall sales. To say that Kanye signing with Adidas had no effect on even a very small percentage of footwear sales (including the niche sneakerhead market as you mentioned) shifting from Nike to Adidas makes no sense.

Once again, I didn't say Kanye drastically hurt the brand but to say that Kanye talking trash about Nike didn't hurt the brand at all makes no sense. Also, Nike's sales growth either flattened or dropped for all footwear aside from retros-they sold a lot of apparel, which helped overall sales. To say that Kanye signing with Adidas had no effect on even a very small percentage of footwear sales (including the niche sneakerhead market as you mentioned) shifting from Nike to Adidas makes no sense.
i guess my point is this, Kanye leaving nike and releasing a diss track didnt effect nike in anyway that mattered to their bottom line. to even phrase it the way you did gives the illusion of more of an impact than it actually had.

i guess my point is this, Kanye leaving nike and releasing a diss track didnt effect nike in anyway that mattered to their bottom line. to even phrase it the way you did gives the illusion of more of an impact than it actually had.

Oh for sure but how do you measure cultural impact? Often this might take years to have a legitimate impact on sales. Think of those old Mac vs PC commercials from 10-15 years ago-the kids who grew up watching those commercials now have purchasing power to actually make those decisions and subconsciously might recall that old ad campaign when making the same decision. This American Life actually had an episode where they did this with Coca-Cola-they made an imposter beverage that tasted exactly like Coke and offered both beverages but people would almost always choose Coke due to the fact that past advertising had conditioned them to choose Coke as a brand they could trust.

Last edited:
I didn't say he hurt the brand drastically but to say that Kanye didn't hurt the brand at all makes 0 sense.... The dude had one of the biggest selling/streamed albums of the year and has an entire track dedicated to dissing Nike-how is that not hurting the brand? No other individual has done anything like this to Nike.
Well a lot of that track was filled with fabrications lol

So are you saying Kanye dissing Nike literally had no negative impact-even on a niche market like sneakerheads?
Bruh, just read the comment for the words. NT isn't going to change your mind, nor is it the barometer for how one company is doing against another in the skreetz

you can say that because nike is making more money now than they were when kanye was with them. youre really over exaggerating kanye size and influence in regards to nike. youre also not realizing the fact that sneaker heads and sneaker "culture" is a bubble. nike and adidas for that matter makes FAR more money off the people that come into a shoe store on a daily basis looking for a pair of everyday shoes than dudes that camp out and line up for limited releases. Kanye only has a major effect on a sub group of a sub group when it comes to sports wear and sneakers.
I find myself explaining this once a week.  Thank you!

Well a lot of that track was filled with fabrications lol

Absolutely but so is a lot of stuff Donald Trump says but people will still believe it.. My point was that Kanye had a negative effect on Nike, even if it was not prounounced like several NT posters have mentioned.

It goes like this: Kanye is an influential artist. Kanye talked badly about Nike at his concerts and made a diss track on his latest album (which was very popular). SOME people will think of Nike negatively due to this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom